Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Protein Question

Hi all,

I'm on a post-op liquid Protein diet, all the powder shakes are very sweet, borderline nasty. Pre-op wasn't bad because it was 8oz of Water or skim milk, but now it is same amount of Protein for 4oz of Water or skim milk. Tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup and tastes now just like salt water, before was fine, unflavored protein still doesn't smell and tastes right. Anybody has any suggestions, please.

Mix 0% yoghurt with skimmed milk for a nice thick shake drink ..u get your Protein then :)

Thank you, I thought of trying yogurt, but the diet says Clear Liquids, maybe I will cheat a little and try it, because I'm getting fed up with this sugar and salt .

I make sugar free pudding with a scoop of Protein Powder. The vanilla is sweet, some of the chocolate is less sweet. Last batch was banana cream and that really was a treat! I also eat low or no fat cottage cheese, loaded with protein!

I like to add more Water to mine. I try to stay away from the yogurts because of sugar content. Try the nectar brand of Protein. U can call 1866 333 7403 for a sample pack from them. I low them because they r not think and u can add as much water to taste. Hope this helps.

Also look for Lipton cup-a-soup cream of chicken. not much Protein, but satisfying. Yesterday I bought Jay Robb's tropical dreamsicle and it tastes like a creamsicle, but is sweet so maybe not a good time. Maybe try a vanilla protein powder so you don't get the super sweet taste? I was told by the lady at the supplement store that Jay Robb is the best tasting whey protein. I believe her now.

I got the nectar brand and it is still sweet, I think I'm just going to add more Water.< /p>

Maybe try 2% milk by itself? One glass is usually 10g Protein, so you wouldn't be getting the same amount of protein vs the powder. I actually use 10oz milk per 1 scoop protein because I do not like it so sweet either.

i havent had no shake in over a week i just cant get one down , im drinking iso-pure ( from GNC) like it kinda tastes like Gatorade comes in different flavors one bottle 20fl oz has 40 g of 100% whey Protein i Water it down so its not sweet at all and drink it through out the day and then i have 1 or 2 glasses of milk

i havent had no shake in over a week i just cant get one down , im drinking iso-pure ( from GNC) like it kinda tastes like Gatorade comes in different flavors one bottle 20fl oz has 40 g of 100% whey Protein i Water it down so its not sweet at all and drink it through out the day and then i have 1 or 2 glasses of milk

Thank you, I will look at that also. Maybe will get out of the house tomorrow and go shopping.

If your doctor said clear liquids than stay on clears! Try stock vs. broth it tastes better. You could also strain the liquid out of canned Soup. Mrs. Dash saltfree flavorings are great. Add them before heating the stock.

Oh I'm sticking to liquids it is just the Protein taste is getting nastier and nastier with every time I drink it.