Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

Today has been a good day...

I have made good food choices and have drank 40 oz of Water so far. My next goal for the day is to exercise 20 minutes. I have no hunger thanks to my hoodia :)

Penni thanks again for starting this thread..it is helping me and it seems to be helping you too...You go girl!

Michelle, Yeah so far so good for me too. It really is making me accountable on a daily basis. That is a good thing.

Hoodia is working for me too. It is a life savor. Hmm only wish it was cherry flavored. LOL!!!

Today:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (Ack! Second day of not walking.. but I was on the go all day. Shopping, cleaning, etc.)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (Didn't quite make it today. Was gone all morning and didn't bring Water with me. Bad me.)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Done! I cleaned the bedroom and waxed all the furniture! Yay!)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Busy, busy, busy.. I'm finding that by keeping busy, I'm only hungry every 4 hours instead of 3. Which is great!)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (I've had a friend around all week and we talk a lot while eating our lunches. This is bad! Every day now I've felt the golfball thing and feared PBs. I know I eat too fast. I have got to learn to focus!)

Today has been pretty much like the last two days. Eating too fast with distractions. No treadmill, but boy howdy have I worked my body! Cleaning house is great exercize. I have muscles aching in places I was certain didn't even have muscles anymore. Drank my Water, and did well on keeping active and getting projects done around the house. It's all good!

Family's coming tomorrow. Big day on Saturday with everyone getting together at our house. I told them all its a BYOF get together. (Bring Your Own Food) We will eat what we normally do and if they want to eat, they can bring it, fix it and clean it up. Wow.. this band does wonders in many areas of life! :confused:

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (well I followed the plan up till dinner - then I cheated big time. Had a small veggie pizza. Not one or two slices but the WHOLE dang thing. SIX slices. There goes the three pounds. SIGH!!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (I did 10 min on Treadmill and 10 min on the recumbent bike)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (The official weight in is tomorrow. Egads! I am afraid to get on those scales.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (easy peasy - got it in)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (On track so far. SIGH!!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (None so far but the day is still young.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. ( YUP 3 lbs gone!)

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

Penni,

I know this could be costly, but I have recently joined another gym AGAIN..but this time I did something different, I see a trainer Twice a week....It took me some time to save some cash...BUT I did it and He has kept me very motivated to go to the gym....its like I know I better go do what he asks of me or I will pay by working even that much harder when I go for my session....

I am on board for this.....

I will drink my Water daily

Try not to snack( my big problem right now)

Exercise my 5 days for the week.

already blew the snack thing....Im having the hardest time on this eating business.....

Cynthia I see your starting weight was 296 so was mine.

I don't eat after 8p and if I get an urge I just drink a bottle of Water and that quenches the urge.

I had a trainer coming to my house once a week and that helped tremendously but she has since retired due to an injury unrelated to being a trainer. I am a member of Bally's so I guess I could just go there and make use of their trainers.

Lots of luck and perserverance.

Ok, so yesterday I totally messed up on Water and walking. I've had company.. my mom's visiting this weekend, and honestly I have been so sore and tired from all the housecleaning last week I have just slacked off yesterday and today! Doing great on food choices though. Had a couple of really important NSVs. Tomorrow's mom's last day here then it's back to the routine. You know, typically I have fallen off of diets in the past when company came. It usually involved big meals that I cooked or going out to eat, then it was hard to get back on the good food. This time all I need to get back on is the treadmill! Thats a huge improvement over the past!

Penni - I saw your slip up and your big sigh. *hugs you* Don't get discouraged. We never fail unless we give up and stop trying, right? I know you can do this! I'm not familiar with the Nutrisystem thing. Tell me some about it and why you chose it?

Dawg and I are supposed to start at our gym on Monday night. If I back out of going, I want someone to yell at me! :)

Hope everyone is having a really great weekend. *hugs to all*

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (On back on track so far. SIGH!!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (None so far but the day is still young.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. ( YUP 3 lbs gone!)

Susan: Nutrisystem caught my interest because it sends you pre packaged meals and they are portioned controlled. You get Breakfast, lunch, dinner and even a dessert. You supplement it with Fresh fruit and Veggies. The food is yummy. I have only found one or two items that I can't stand.

You really dont' have to count calories but I like to just to see what I am eating in one day. I typically stay around 1200 to 1400 calories. The meals cost $250 a month. They are delivered around the 4th of the month.

It is great actually. I am staying on track after the slip up. I am allowing myself at least one a week. No more than that though or I go off track too far. If I was perfect I would be skinny, RIGHT? LOL!!

Penni - Wow, thats very reasonable. Under $3 per meal average. Dawg has been buying Healthy Choice meals for his dinners, and eats instant oatmeal, canned fruit, and tuna lunch packs for his lunches. He's having a hard time getting to 1,000 calories and I'm starting to worry. He doesn't want to deviate from the set foods he's now happy with, but he's just not getting enough calories. 1,200 to 1,400 would be perfect. I think I'm going to have to look into this for him and me too. Wow, no more big shopping trips. That would be lovely. Do you have a freezer in your garage for all the meals?

Penni - Wow, thats very reasonable. Under $3 per meal average. Dawg has been buying Healthy Choice meals for his dinners, and eats instant oatmeal, canned fruit, and tuna lunch packs for his lunches. He's having a hard time getting to 1,000 calories and I'm starting to worry. He doesn't want to deviate from the set foods he's now happy with, but he's just not getting enough calories. 1,200 to 1,400 would be perfect. I think I'm going to have to look into this for him and me too. Wow, no more big shopping trips. That would be lovely. Do you have a freezer in your garage for all the meals?

The meals don't require any refrigeration at all. They can stay in the box it arrives in till you are ready to eat them. I know I am most likely eating some preservatives in the meals but I think it outweighs the alternative. I grab a box of Steak and Green peppers for dinner pop it in the microwave and voila' in 2 minutes I have a hot tasty meal. I supplement it with a nice salad of greens, 8 walnuts, some blueberries, Feta cheese, cauliflower, and have some Pear Vinegrette dressing. Total calories are under 500 for all of that. Protein is usually around 30 to 40g for the one meal. Very tasty.

I am one that my taste buds get bored really easily. So I have several different tastes in one meal. The salad is full of different flavors.

I try to get in 4 Fresh Fruits and 4 Veggies a day.

For Breakfast, I have blueberries in the morning with my Nutrisystem Cereal or pancakes or oatmeal.

For lunch, I have a Fuji Apple or a D'Anjou Pear with a Nutrisystem Soup or Sloppy Joe or Tuna Salad or chicken salad.

For a snack (which I don't always have), I have a Half banana and Kraft Cracker size cheese. Three of the slices are about 100 calories and 8 g of Protein.< /span>

For dinner, I have a Nutrisystem Cheese pizza, Beef Tacos, chicken and Mashed Potatoes, or any of the other tasty meals and a salad mentioned above with usually some carrots and Light Ranch dressing for dipping.

If I get hungry before bedtime (which I rarely do I have my allowed Dessert from Nutrisystem). Or I drink a 16 oz bottle of Water.

The meals are great and I think even being banded the foods would be easy to get down. Of course you need to take your Vitamins as well.

I will not eat any chocolate kisses today, I know I shouldn't have put them in the candy bowl, mixed with my Vitamin and Calcium squares.

I will eat Protein first today and more of it.

Exercise, well I'm gonna think about it.

Good luck Penni, I worry every day that I don't PB or have a reaction from my band that it must not be working. Hugs

I will not eat any chocolate kisses today, I know I shouldn't have put them in the candy bowl, mixed with my Vitamin and Calcium squares.

This made me laugh! How cute :eek:

Penni, thanks for all the great info about the meals. I'm going to talk to Dawg and see if I can get him to try it out. Is there a contract or is it just month to month?

Ok folks, today Im back on track. Ive started taking my calcium suppliments along with extra C and E. I will walk on the dreadmill and drink my Water like I'm supposed to and I have a friend over who's going to help me get my closets organized. Should be a good day!

Penni, thanks for all the great info about the meals. I'm going to talk to Dawg and see if I can get him to try it out. Is there a contract or is it just month to month?

I didn't have to sign any contract. It is month to month. You can cancel shipments at any time. If you do an autoship every month it gives you a percentage off the cost of the meals. After three months I think it goes up on the percentage. I think it is well worth the money.