Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

Here is my committment to myself.

I will follow good healthy eating.

I will exercise for a minimum of 60 min 4 days a week.

I will lose at least 1 lb a week.

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day.

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue buy exercise equip then not use it and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to be lazy & say well there is always tomorrow.

I WILL LOSE ANOTHER 20 PDS BY JUNE 3RD-MY 1 YR BAND ANNIVERSARY. WHICH WILL BE 55 FOR THE YEAR!:clap2:

Today has been good so far...

I have made wise choices in my food

Breakfast I had 1 scrambled egg and 1/2 hamburger patty.

lunch I split a chicken ceasar salad w/ my co-worker

so far I have drank 40 oz of Water and that is not counting my 3 cups of coffee.

This afternoon and Tonight I plan to ride my incumbent bike for 30 minutes and eat a small healthy dinner and drink the rest of my Water

ONE DAY AT A TIME IS ALL I CAN DO!

So far today:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (Done)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (Done)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Done! I cleaned my desk! It looks brand new! Yay!)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (started blech.. ended up great.. feels good to DO something!)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (Still working on this.)

I am still here and committed. I drank my 64oz of Water everyday. When I complete this for a week, I will add something esle.

Thanks Penni :eek:

Kisses

d

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (so far so good)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (I got up this morning and did 15 min on dreadmill, 5 min on recumbent bike, 10 min on weight bench for a total of 30 min).

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (will have to wait till Friday to find out)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (easy peasy - got it in)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

By the way I have LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Grats, Penni :confused:

There's a book called "Write it down, Make it Happen" that I read a couple years ago that teaches primarily what you are doing here.

If anyone disbelieves the power of your own words, check it out here:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0684850028/sr=8-1/qid=1141148410/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0151640-2143975?%5Fencoding=UTF8]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0684850028/sr=8-1/qid=1141148410/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0151640-2143975?%5Fencoding=UTF8[/ame]

Good job Penni and everyone who has publicly committed here. If you truly want to change an old habit (at least for me) add this clause to your committment: I will not beat myself up if I do not STRICTLY adhere to my goals. I'm not trying to add a cheating clause just a change from past habits.

I will start my 5 day pre-op fast on Thursday.

I will try to control my terror of:

Flying (Mexico)

Surgery

Loss of food/friend

Failure

DonnaB

5'9"

03-07-06 Surgery date

Dr. Roberto Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico

175 (closer to 180 actually)/150

PhotoNut: I have success in battling the 'lazies' if I give myself a specific goal. i.e. I may sit and read a book or watch a movie without guilt if I vacuum the house first. Or go to the grocery store first. Or load the dishwasher and then clean the catbox first. Usually once I'm moving and I know I'm going to 'indulge' my lazyself I end up doing much more than the original goal. I don't know if you've tried this or not but it really works well for me. When I'm done with my task(s) I really am much more relaxed and can enjoy my down time. Out of curiousity, have you recently stopped working?

Penni!! That's awsome! Three pounds! You go girl! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Donna, thanks for the tip. This makes perfect sense and I'm going to start following the advice. Earn the lazy moments, and feel good about them.. rather than being lazy and feeling guilty over doing nothing. Excellent! Thanks Donna!

So far today:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (Nope, but I got a lot of exercize cleaing house today.)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (Done)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Completed several projects today, felt great!)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Did well on this today.)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (Yacking with a friend at lunch, eating without paying attention almost over ate.. felt the pain, the gurgle, fear.. ahh.. no PB. Slow down Susan!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (skipped today but plan on tomorrow - I did go grocery shopping and lugged lots of heavy bags. Does that count?)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (will have to wait till Friday to find out the official loss but for not the 3 lbs is awesome.)

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

Thanks for all the encouragement. IT feels really good to get back on track. Watch out world here I come. LOL!! :)

(skipped today but plan on tomorrow - I did go grocery shopping and lugged lots of heavy bags. Does that count?)

Sure! If can count my house cleaning, you can count lugging groceries! Sounds like a fair trade off to me. At least we were moving! :)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (I did 10 min on Treadmill and 10 min on the recumbent bike)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (will have to wait till Friday to find out the official loss)

Thanks for all the encouragement. IT feels really good to get back on track. Watch out world here I come. LOL!! :)