Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (On track so far. SIGH!!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (None so far but the day is still young.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. ( Will see come Friday how this is going )

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (easy peasy - got it in)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

So far today:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (Done!)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (Done)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Done! Did laundry and started cleaning out closets.)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (I'm doing great in this area. Feels so good to think about more things than food and being online!)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (I'm about to give up on this. Bleh)

Today is going to be a real challenge for me. For the last week and a half, I have had company - friends and family - around me, keeping me busy and on the go. Today I decided I wanted to be alone and called for a "Me" day. The hard part will be getting up off my arse and doing something. When I'm alone, it's like I freeze up. I can think of a million things that need to be done around the house, and yet I just sit here on the computer, zoning out and letting the day go by. I did this for an entire year last year and I'm sick of it. I don't want to have to rely on others to get me off my duff. So, today Im going to add a few things to my goal list to try and motivate myself into doing them:

1. Shower, hair, manicure, paint nails, do makeup. (didnt do, family showed up)

2. Shred at least one bag full of old bills and papers from my desk. (didnt do *sighs*)

3. Wash all bedding in the house, even stuff in closets (to freshen things up a bit) done!

Typical daily stuff:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (didnt do, ankle is hurting :) )

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (done)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Did one thing only, I guess that's good.)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Did well.)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (Did sort of ok)

i have a question....may be a little off subject, but the whey Protein everyone talks about.....can you add it to food, or is it just to make drinks out of>?? may be a silly question, just curious, I recently started the whole eating better so I am trying to do my educating!!

thanks

also can someone give me some Vitamin suggestions..

I have never tried nutrisystem or the prepackaged foods, but I bet its well worth it already done for you...that is the hard part for me!!!

my commitment for today:

1. will go to the gym 45 cardio. and weight training

2. will drink my Water

3. try to do some mushy foods...( just adjusted to 2.5)

keep up the good work everyone.....

have a good afternoon

A friend on here uses the unflavored whey Protein powder in her mashed potatoes and says she cant taste it at all.

Here is the list of Vitamins I'm taking:

1 - chewable Centrum Daily

1 - E 400 units

2 - Chewable Calcium 600 mg each (carbonate - look in the ingredients to be sure its carbonate - one per Breakfast and lunch)

3 - Chewable C 500 mg each (one per breakfast, lunch, dinner)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (10 min on Ab Lounger; OUCH; 10 min at top speed on the Recumbent Bike; OUCH; 10 min using the weight bench working on flabby arms, shoulders, and back; OUCHIE OWIE!! ) It all feels good though.

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (easy peasy)

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (10 min on Ab Lounger; OUCH; 10 min at top speed on the Recumbent Bike; OUCH; 10 min using the weight bench working on flabby arms, shoulders, and back; OUCHIE OWIE!! ) It all feels good though.

Today: Spent the entire day out with girlfriends. Had a blast.

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (didnt do, ankle still sore. but was very active all day in other ways)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Vacuumed!)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Did very well.)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (Dang it. I'm so frustrated with myself. I should be able to sit in quiet and eat. But I hate eating in silence. I hate eating alone, so I come on here and read while I eat. I know I eat too fast because Im distracted. I could really use some help in this area.)

Today: Ok, I think my friends have decided I shouldn't be left alone. I spent the entire day out with my girlfriends again. Had a wonderful time.

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (I walked 2 miles outside. Went through a walk-through museum of sorts. Beautiful gardens, whimsical statues, prayer gardens.. the entire place was Christian focused and so cool!)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (I made the bed. *snickers* I was gone all day.)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Did very well again!)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (I did much better today!)

I faltered some this week with the diet. I do really good for Breakfast and lunch then it goes to hell in a hand basket for supper. I just go crazy.

I will be happy to just not have gained any this week. I am actually afraid to get on the damn scales tomorrow. SIGH!!

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Nope none today)

PS: I think Susan and I are the only ones that are using this Committment Thread. LOL!!

Doesn't matter to me cause it is keeping me accountable. LOL!!

*laughs* I think you're right, Penni, and it's doing wonders for me too! I shared the idea with the Gone for Good Club and am encouraging them to use that thread much the same as this one. You'll probably be hearing me asking you to wipe out some posts when the thing starts growing. And you should join us. Sweet folks that are all doing really well, very determined not to make excuses for themselves. Refreshing :)

well for me I already started this friday off with a BAD start....

instead of my morning hot tea or hot cocoa sugar free....Stopped at good ol EXXON and bought a full of FAT, Sugar and who knows what else Cappichino......OMGoooosshhhhh...

so for the afternoon....

1. I will eat my planned lunch- tuna salad, yougurt(if room)

2. Drink my Water

3. exercise- not today, its my off day!!

4. stay positive about my wieghtloss- sometimes Im really hard on myself when i go off track....

Good luck ladies on your goals today and just remember to stay focused...I hope you have a lovely friday!

cynthia

How did the scales treat ya this morning Penni?

I'm planning on a day at home. I'm going to modify my goals today:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile every day.

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day.

I will write down every bite I put in my mouth - quantity, calories, Protein.

I will take on one achievable cleaning project in my house per day.

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom!

How did the scales treat ya this morning Penni?

They showed a 1 lb gain. So I am at 251 this morning. I am so frustrated.