Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded On April 13 :)

Hi everyone,

After much contemplation, I finally booked my surgery for April 13. Honestly speaking, I can't say I'm excited. I just want to get this over with now :(

Think I'm suffering from buyers remorse right now, LOL

I know exactly how you feel! I'm also being banded on the 13th. I want to be excited, and I am - but I'm totally nervous about everything. From being strong enough to not cheat on the pre-op, to waking up from surgery, etc. etc. etc.

But I'm not going to miss this opportunity. Let' s support each other.

I can relate to both of you. April 13 is also my surgery date and every day that passes I get more and more nervous

You need to get your head around that this is a life change...it is the start of something so positive and so rewarding....The surgery is daunting and so is the recovery and life with the band is different but It is so overwhelmingly worth every second....I am different to alot of people I still eat little bits of what I enjoy (that the band is ok with) but my portions are so so so much smaller than they ever were, I try to get low fat versions of my fave foods.....I lived on potato and leek Soup the first three weeks.....It was so filling. Remember that the first few months is more about caring for the band rather than losing weight!!! good luck I wish you both so much happiness for the future!!

It is ok to feel nervous, but its ok, once the surgury is done and you are out of the hospital you will feel exicted =)

good luck to all of you. My surgeryisAril the 9th, here we go.

I'm another one for the 13th. I've had my surgery scheduled since early this month and the closer it gets the more things I have running through my head. I've even thought of staying off this site for a while and trying to think about other things. Just not sure what is best for my mindset right now.

I think of after having surgery as "Being on the other side", moving from pre-band side to post-band side. Or maybe it is more like a Wednesday, when you start looking forward to the weekend and not dreading the week ahead. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Well hello April 13 bandsters! I was banded April 13 last year and am so glad I went down this path. Sure, there are some tough times but I have lost 58kg and have a new zest for life. Good luck and keep on posting on this forum as it is a great place to get your questions answered, as well as to get the support we all need.

Thanks everyone!!! Makes me feel much more confident knowing that there is a huge amount of support.... Feeling better alteady :)

Bthslim and any other April bandsters: would love to have a buddy to provide support to each other.

SageTracey .,..58 kg????? Wow!! Ur truly an inspiration

For those of you who are not already in "Springers" go to the groups tab at the top of the screen and look for us. It is for people who have (had) surgery in March, April and May. Lots of good conversations going on over there!

I will be a year on 4/14, and I would do it all over again. I am about 11 lbs from my goal, but I would be very happy if I stopped where I am at. Please dont have buyers remorse or get to scared. It was a fairly easy procedure and the down time wasnt all that bad. I went back to work in 4 days.

This forum, if u use it properly is great. Meaning by properly, in that you will hear alot of advise but u really need to have a good doctor and go to your fills and use them as much as you can. This first few months will be about learning alot of new things about yourself and your new body part (band) and it might consume alot of your time. It is still a big part of my life one year later. You will find alot of useful information from this forum, but also alot of information from alot of different people. You have to be able to tell what information is best for you.

good luck. it will be exciting to see the new you in a year!! Someone just told me today they almost didnt recogize me from last year!!

I am scheduled for April 23 and feel the same way. I felt the same when I had my first child too, but there was NO turning back there! I have to tell myself the same with the band. I WANT to lose weight to be able to do more with my kids. I NEED to get my blood sugar under control. I HAVE to do this for not only myself, but for my hubby and kids. It is no longer an option. I am DETERMINED to lose this excess weight and I need this tool to help me make that happen :)

Oh, and anyone know how to get to the Springers group from the iPhone app?

I am scheduled for April 23 and feel the same way. I felt the same when I had my first child too, but there was NO turning back there! I have to tell myself the same with the band. I WANT to lose weight to be able to do more with my kids. I NEED to get my blood sugar under control. I HAVE to do this for not only myself, but for my hubby and kids. It is no longer an option. I am DETERMINED to lose this excess weight and I need this tool to help me make that happen :)

Oh, and anyone know how to get to the Springers group from the iPhone app?

I sent you an invite, I hope it works.

Funny thing is on my adroid it always tells me I do not have permission to view springers posts. I have not idea why, I can on my computer and can view other things on my phone.