Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Cant Haves

I have been banded since Oct 2011 but finally just got restriction 3 weeks ago with my 4th fill. After this fill there are foods that i just cant have no matter how well i chew before i could eat 1small piece of pizza now not even one bite :) ground beef nope not now Peanut Butter nope :( i love peanut butter today realize even scrambled eggs get stuck. BUT i can still have my ground turkey tuna moist chicken an salad.

What are some foods that you can nolonger have?

You will loosen up a bit as you lose weight. I had three green zones which I lost as I lost weight and had to get a bit more fill...anyway I have no foods whatsoever that I cant eat...but I just have to be extra mindful with things like bread and rice...

I can eat almost everything. Except pizza crust. I can eat bread, hamburger Buns, etc - but no Pizza Crust. No clue why.

Marci

chicken breast is off my menu. Soft, doughy breads are no longer my friends, either. Hamburger is hit and miss, so I will do veggie burgers or turkey burger instead.

Handheld foods are a challenge. Like sandwiches or burritos. I do better if I use a knife and fork to cut them into smaller pieces, rather than take bites off of them. I tend to take bites that are too big if I hold them in my hands.

For me, the very first thing was bread, and any doughy products.

Then came melted cheeses. they are globs and no matter how well you chew, it's still a glob.

Sticky foods like Peanut Butter.

Shrimp and lobster are a big problem. Again, no matter how well you chew, it does not brake down into a mush very well.

I have become a incidental vegetarian...ANY red meat, including pork, is a very big problem with me so it is no longer as entre of choice. This include fake meats such as turkey meatballs and such. Same consistancy.

I mentioned this to my Dr. and he said that is not surprising at all. Then added it's not really bad thing either, right?

There are many other foods I stay away from. ANYTHING breaded and deep fried is another one that stands out.

B-52: What do you eat for your Protein?

I was wondering the same thing B-52. I know you are a big woek out guy. How to you meet your Protein requirements?

No more sirloin steak. I'm strictly filet mignon now. Or it just comes back up. Sorry for the TMI.

I start the day with my homemade smoothie concoction for 40 gm of Protein to start the day. After that it is not hard to make up the difference. Today I had black bean chili for lunch, and stir fried chicken and veggies for dinner. I also carry a Protein Bar with me for Snacks. I may have yogurt before bedtime if I have a craving. So getting my daily Protein is never a problem at all.

Also I should clarify something for newbies...when I say I cannot eat something, like pizza, I is not entirely accurate. I could eat a slice, but it would take me 20 minutes, each swallow being a risk like walking through a minefield. So what's the use. I just don't boher with it anymore. Same with a shrimp I love shrimp.

But I have to take a bite, chew then swallow as much as 4 times to get through one shrimp.

No more sirloin steak. I'm strictly filet mignon now. Or it just comes back up. Sorry for the TMI.

Agreed. If it is very tender, like prime rib, it would be better. But would you take hat chance at a resturant?

I can't eat red meats, breads, spaghetti and foods of a thick consistency. chicken, fish, turkey, fresh fruits are all good. Potato in any shape is a big no no.

no more oranges, grapefruit, chiken/turkey breast, bread, thick crust pizza, globby melted cheese, or apparently, as I found out this morning, raisin bran. also no potatoes with skin.

And if I take too big of a bite, it doesn't matter what it is, it doesn't stay. So, then I get rid of it, and am reminded to take small bites, chew slowly, and take my time!

The only thing I've found that I couldn't eat is an Orange. I actually didn't even swallow. I chewed and chewed and realized I still had a glob of those fibers that weren't breaking down after a long chew. So I spit it out and didn't even try. Same thing happened with sausage now that I think about it. I had to spit our the casing. Nothing else has bothered me other than having to slow down. I'm still not in my green zone but I have a fill today.

I cannot tolerate any bread, rice, Pasta, and tortillas! I miss it! And potatoes and eggs are very difficult! Can't do any veggies at Chinese places at all! No matter what I throw it back up!