Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie Intake?

I am up.to 1000. My doc said at six weeks on I need go be between 1000 and 1200 with exercise

What do u eat ?

With my current restrictions - I am eating about 800 calories a day. I didn't think that was good - I will try it for a few weeks and see what happens. Thank you for posting that article.

I shoot for 1200 but somedays I exercise a lot and then I'm starving and usually end up at about 1500 - 1600. I think I am in need of a fill.

i was not given a number to stay around by my doctor, and my nutritionist has never delt with anybody with lapband so she has no idea right now i am lucky to be losing a pound a month, im just wondering around where i should stick for calories

I shoot for 1200 but somedays I exercise a lot and then I'm starving and usually end up at about 1500 - 1600. I think I am in need of a fill.

These numbers are likely about where you want to be if you are exercising "a lot"... Of course everyone's definition of exercising "a lot" is going to vary but you should eat more on days of most intense exercise. I would run some calculations before seeking a fill. Eating too few calories will snuff out or at a minimum inhibit your metabolic potential.

Kudos to you for getting good exercise! It will carry you a long ways on your journey!

Brad

It drives me batty seeing all of the posts on LBT using body variations as a crutch... Yes, everyone's body is different - A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT... not elephant Vs. mouse different though... We all still have human bodies - and no human body is best operated at 800 calories while getting sufficient exercise... And no human body operates efficiently without any exercise. The only people that get a pass on that are those bedridden or have such a debilitating disease that there are NO muscle groups unaffected. If that's not you - then you must exercise or you will not reach your full potential. Why would anyone accept less than their full potential?

We are all muscle bearing - and muscles need exercised. It's just the ugly truth that many obese or unmotivated people don't want to hear... And that at one time was a fair description of me - I was obese - I was unmotivated - I didn't understand how the human body was properly fueled or used fuel. But with a lot of hard work, research, and real life trial and error I learned. And I hope that with a reality slap I drag a lot of people with me, because every day life is so much better.

It takes a lot of food and a variety of food to get optimal nutrition (Macro and Micro nutrients) I am convinced that doctors are telling people to eat so few calories because they know that even though they tell the patient to exercise - they aren't going to. So hopefully with that little intake it's their only hope that the patient will lose some weight and get motivated before they completely crash and stall out.

The bottom line is the truth aint always pretty peeps... :)

Brad

These numbers are likely about where you want to be if you are exercising "a lot"... Of course everyone's definition of exercising "a lot" is going to vary but you should eat more on days of most intense exercise. I would run some calculations before seeking a fill. Eating too few calories will snuff out or at a minimum inhibit your metabolic potential.

Kudos to you for getting good exercise! It will carry you a long ways on your journey!

Brad

Well, you look like you know what your talking about :). Nice work.

My alot is 60 minutes of Zumba followed by 60 minutes of Body Pump. I do that 3 times a week, which is a lot in one day for me. I'm starving on those days.

I'm happy with my restriction level, but I always feel like I'm "cheating" on those days I eat 1600 calories! My Dr. sort of scowls at me too. I don't think they even always understand how the band "works"

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

Teresa

Well, you look like you know what your talking about :). Nice work.

My alot is 60 minutes of Zumba followed by 60 minutes of Body Pump. I do that 3 times a week, which is a lot in one day for me. I'm starving on those days.

I'm happy with my restriction level, but I always feel like I'm "cheating" on those days I eat 1600 calories! My Dr. sort of scowls at me too. I don't think they even always understand how the band "works"

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

Teresa

Good Job Teresa! An hour of Zumba is definitely in the "a lot" category! :) Zumba is tough and burns lots of calories! You would have to run the calculators with your specifics to know for sure, but I bet you are still pushing a significant deficit on those days even at 1600 calories. Keep up the hard work and thanks for the kind words.

As for the doctors, I think if nothing else there is just a big disconnect. It's one thing to read literature and preach... It's another to live the experience. Shedding body fat is very hard work. Last numbers I saw was that patients lose on average 60% of excess body fat with the Lap Band... Maybe that is acceptable to some - but not me... I didn't get cut on to lose 60%... I made up my mind nothing less than 100% was acceptable... And even 4 years out I'm still slowly stripping body fat... The last portion of it is very difficult to get rid of and a very slow process...

Brad

I stick to around 600 calories per day. I loose about 10 lbs a month that way. I usually start my day off with a smoothie & nipple the rest of the day.

Nipple?

What are the best sources to figure out what amt of calories we should intake with moderate exercise 30-45 mins a day 3-5 days a week?

There are a lot of TDEE calculators online such as this one.... http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html .... You can do an internet engine search and find quite a few....

Brad

I don't know how to have such few calories

I have a Protein shake that has more Vitamin and stuff in it and that's 268 cal and I have that with milk so that's a 160 cal

And then if I have a small tin of tuna for lunch and meat and veg for dinner its a huge amour of calories

What is a samle menu

I've eaten more over the weekend and must have touched 1500 easily but have dropped 2lb in two days. Maybe I do need more than I was having. Am due a fill in 3days so will chat to dietician then x