Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi And Weight Loss

HI , did all you low bmi, self pay or did Insurance cover your surgery?

My paper work just went in yesterday for approval im BMI 36 and also a size 16 and hatting it right now.

My insurance would not even look at me... Lol

I had bmi of 30 and no underlying conditions, only family history.

I paid 10,000 for my surgery... Hopefully I'll see the results of the 10 grand spent sooner than later, scale hasn't budged in 3 weeks:(

Hello

My Bmi was 30...and I kind of knew it would not be covered by any insurance....so I paid 16k myself....hoping it will be covered by me eating a lot less ;)

How is your journey going Jennybee?

Feeling a bit down a week post op....

I was on this post op "high"....and just came crashing down today....

Kind of feel like I have no Band....nothing has changed....

I know I'm being ridiculous, as I have to wait for restriction/fills etc....and excercise....I guess I'm just an impatient person:)

Ieiegirl - good luck. I am from canada and now a size 8. 15 more lbs to go :).

Hello kiskis

Please tell me about your success (size 8 is a true success)....because I'm one week post op and feel like I'll never get there....feel like I have no band....same hunger level as before...I know, I know....I need to get the fills.....but I'm so discouraged.....I would kill to be size 8 :) (or spend 16k and have a surgery for it - lol)....I'm also in Canada....

Hey iriegirl,

I just got back from SWLC..I needed to drop some forms off etc.... I am getting my band on Wednesday and hearing you struggle is making me a little nervous with the whole thing. Does Dr. Coboun never fill the band a little while you are having it put in? I have noticed some ppl get the band on with a small fill at the same time. I wonder why you have to wait a couple of weeks to get your first fill?? How have you been able to cope with the liquid diet while you are still so hungry? I hope that things start to look up for you, as I know they most likely will! Keep your head up and just keep reminding yourself that you will see success, it just might take a bit of time ;)

Hey iriegirl' date='

I just got back from SWLC..I needed to drop some forms off etc.... I am getting my band on Wednesday and hearing you struggle is making me a little nervous with the whole thing. Does Dr. Coboun never fill the band a little while you are having it put in? I have noticed some ppl get the band on with a small fill at the same time. I wonder why you have to wait a couple of weeks to get your first fill?? How have you been able to cope with the liquid diet while you are still so hungry? I hope that things start to look up for you, as I know they most likely will! Keep your head up and just keep reminding yourself that you will see success, it just might take a bit of time ;)[/quote']

Chaya,

Dr Coburn did mine. At time of surgery there was 2cc in the band as part officiant the band. I know have 5.6 in there. His nurses are awesome and will get you to the green zone quickly.

Hello kiskis

Please tell me about your success (size 8 is a true success)....because I'm one week post op and feel like I'll never get there....feel like I have no band....same hunger level as before...I know' date=' I know....I need to get the fills.....but I'm so discouraged.....I would kill to be size 8 :) (or spend 16k and have a surgery for it - lol)....I'm also in Canada....[/quote']

Iris girl...I was self pay and low bmi...at just over a year later I'm sporting size 8 pants and medium tops...

Thanks Kerewpah, I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I am trying to get a list together to shop for post-op liquids and Vitamins etc.... what protien shake did you go with? I didnt have to do pre-op, so I didnt order the shake mix that they recommended. What chewable vitamins did you get? Due to a computer error, kim at the clinic only got me my "food guide" and "procedure guide" today.......I was wondering why I felt so 'up in the air' regarding what to buy in order to prep for this.....I did call several times but didnt get any real answers from the girls there. I didnt even know who Kim was untill today when I went to the clinic to hand in my consent package.......what last minute things can you, or anyone else, tell me about? I am going into surg. on Wed and feel a little lost.......maybe I should post-pone??!! :wacko:

I started from a BMI of 36, my weightloss is sloooow! Mostly because I was waiting for the band to kick in before really getting my act together. So i''ve only lost 10 kilos in 5 months. I have been in a plateau for the past month! My recent fill is working really well, so I am eating much better now, but it's only been 10 days.

Just motivate yourself to diet at the beginning before the band effect kicks in, I didn't do that until I got proper help from my band which is why I lost so little. If I had I could have probably lost twice as much by now.

After u have ur surgery, u r super swollen. If u had a lot of fill in ur band u could have serious problems. I know we all think we had the surgery now let the weight loss begin but we actually need to know that it takes a while for the weight loss to start

Here's the deal....if I was good at dieting, I wouldn't have needed the band :) I just find it impossible to diet....

You are all so sweet and helpful :) I know on a rational level that once I get a few fills and get to my green zone- that is when the band starts to really work....but on an emotional level, I'm just frustrated and want it to work yesterday....

Chaya....a few days before the surgery thus pharmacy that works with SWLC will call you and they have like a $70 kit with Vitamins, liquid codeine, liquid Tylenol, chewable gas x etc....you will get this once you get there....as far as liquids, first week I just has Popcicles, chicken broth, Protein shakes -mostly I just didn't feel like eating the first week -hence the 7.4 pounds lost....the downer came when my regular appetite came back and with it four pounds....

Trying to keep my chin up :)

If I could lose even ten pounds at this point...I would be so happy....

So, my Surgery is on Wed. (as in, day after tomorrow) and I have had no direction regarding any kit for Vitamins etc.....I feel like I am in the dark about everything!! No pharmacy has contacted me, I dont know what protien shake to buy...ARGGGGGGGG!!!! I am feeling very defeated right now!!

Oy

Ok....protein shake I got from GNC....it's a vanilla one whey protein-low fat/carb and you get 20gr Protein in one scoop....I love love ice capps....so I make the shake with skim milk, one scoop, one tsp coffee and lots of ice:)

Re pharmacy....call SWLC and ask them to have the pharmacy call you or call them....

Don't worry...be excited....I know I sound down about it...but I am happy I did it and I Do Expect I will lose the weight once I get the fills....

The whole thing went by really fast and easy :)

You'll be great!

Yes it would be nice to wake up from surgery thin but we all know that it is not going to happen. It took time to put on the weight and it takes time to lose it. I lost most of mine in the first 6 months.

Having your band filled in surgery sounds wonderful until you hear some of the horror stories from people that have had that and had issues.

Each fill makes a difference and even the band on its own makes a difference. The difference may feel as though it is only slight but if you are sticking to the guidelines and eating less and healthier than you were preop then you should still lose weight even if you don't have what you consider to be ideal restriction.I took Multivitamins initially but have not done for ages. Any kind of complete Multivitamin should be fine. I also do not do Protein shakes so that was not a problem for me. It is perfectly possible to get sufficient Protein from a regular balanced diet.

It won't be long and then you will be looking back thinking "wow I can't believe I have been banded for ______________ already" .