Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Bmi And Weight Loss

Hi all!! I too started w/ low bmi...31.

Today marks 3 weeks since my surgery and have lost 11 pounds... A little frustrating bc the scale has not moved in 1 whole week!! I am also following drs orders on eating religiously!

Dont get it? I get my 1st fill on the 19th...

I also eat about 1 cup of food at each meal, mostly healthy Protein.< /p>

Anyone else a little frustrating? I'm sure it's too soon to start stressing out:) any suggestions???

Jenny Bee, my question to you would be, how are your clothes fitting? Sometimes the scale is not your friend.

Well Iriegirl, it's not quite as easy as it used to be, but we'll try. First, click on any ticker to take you

to 'Ticker tracker', then you go through the fields and find what you like, then go through the figures

to find one that goes with your field. Now for the fun part. Find the box that has the URL and a bunch

of other text and put it in your clipboard. Now go back to LBT, top right and find your name, click

on it and go to my settings, then 'Signature. Put the URL you copied earlier in the bottom box.

In theory, that should work. let me know if you're still having trouble

Thank you for the great instructions. I was thinking I'd never figure this out. :)

Hi xoxoxo

I hope you feel better soon...it sounds like the first few days can be hard...but when the pounds start coming off...I guess we will all forget about it :)

My plan is to spend the first two days watching a whole series in a row....like all of Desperate Housewives season one or something...just to keep my mind off eating, pain etc....

Congratulations on being on the other side!

Hi JennyBee

I would give anything to be down 11 pounds right now....:) that's great!!!!

I am sure you'll see the rest coming off soon-it has to!!!

Truth is though....I am going to be the most impatient of all.....I want those forty pounds off next day :)

Aren't you so happy you're post op...I still have a few weeks...it's nerve wreaking....

Thanks for the encouraging words Irie.... Yes I am sooo happy I did this, soon you will be too! So glad I found supporters like you for my journey:)

I was banded about 5 weeks ago and I had a starting BMI of barely 30. I have been overweight my whole life and was sick and tired of being fat, chubby, chunky, whatever! I had my first fill this week - 5cc in a 10cc band. I can very happy with results- down 13lbs. in last 6 weeks. Pls message me if you have any questions about the journey. Good luck!

Wow they do fill quickly in the US. Here in Aus they prefer to do small fills. I think my first was 1.5ml, then 1ml then not sure what. I only have about 5ml in now almost 3 years later. Glad it is going well so far.

I have a BMI of 35 and im getting banded on the 21 so your question was very helpful. Thanks to all repliers! Elcee ur post makes me want to have surgery tomorrow, hope to have the same results :)

Hi Sophiesmom... Congrats on your success! I was actually quite happy when I stepped on the scale this morning, another 2 pounds gone. WHEW!

Are you exercising? What does a day of eating look like for you?

I am having my surgery next Thursday (march 16) and have a BMi of 34. Getting nervous about the surgery and if it will be really worth it . Has anyone been extremely successful with it starting with a lower BMI?

What would you consider extremely successful? My starting weight was 74kg and I am now between 50 - 51kg and have been maintaining that for 2 years.

What would you consider extremely successful? My starting weight was 74kg and I am now between 50 - 51kg and have been maintaining that for 2 years.

That's great ! I had talked to someone this morning who has lost like 25 lbs in 8 months and isn't really happy about her decision to have lap band . I just wanted to know of more success stories bc she kind of put a downer on my excitement to have the surgery

I love hearing this!!! Makes it much easier to go through with the whole thing:)

Thanks Elcee!!!

Wow Elcee. That is amazing. Inspirational. My dr says I can get to 55kg or a bit below. I am actually scared to get that low. I would be happy to get to 60. :-)