Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To Lbt. Soon To Be Bandster March 14Th....

Hello everyone!

My name is Allie and I am a new member to this site. I have followed many of your stories for a couple months now but I was waiting until my surgery date was official to formally sign up. smile.png I have my pre-op on March 13th and my surgery is on the 14th. I am 20 years old and I decided to make a change to my eating habits and lifestyle. I don't have a lot of support from my parents and friends but my confidence in myself and my choice is what keeps me going. I know that this is going to change my life for the best but I am nervous much like everyone else on here!

Any advice for the lap band? Did you have much support with your decision?

I know that it is going to be a very difficult journey and I am just thankful there is an entire forum with so many people going through the same things I am going through. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Allie

Zero support... everyone thought I was crazy for doing it. Youre not getting banded for other people so dont let others' opinions ever get you down! Eyes on the prize. :)

whars

Whoops..meant to say, what's your pre op diet?

I don't really have one. They said I didn't really need to do one because my liver and stuff is healthy. My plan is to be on a diet a week before but I am not sure what would be the best diet to consider.

Any suggestions of a good pre-op diet? Right now I am drinking a lot of Water and trying to stay away from calories.

I go on a liquid diet after surgery, so I decided to drink two Protein Shakes a day with one healthy meal. My Dr's diet stated that I was to follow a low fat diet, but I wanted to kick start the weight loss and feel like I am doing something.

I go on a liquid diet after surgery, so I decided to drink two Protein shakes a day with one healthy meal. My Dr's diet stated that I was to follow a low fat diet, but I wanted to kick start the weight loss and feel like I am doing something.

How long did you do the pre-op diet for and how much weight did you lose?

I have been doing the two shakes/one meal per day for about a week. I did go lenient on Sat/Sun, so have only lost about 10lb. I am going all for it this week because I should have my surgery scheduled soon. My surgeon's office submits for approval before scheduling a date, so I know I've been approved and now am waiting for surgeon's office. I should have surgery in the next few weeks.

Congrats on your decision! Sorry that you don't have support. Is it that they just don't know enough about it? I think its great that you are doing this at 20. Best decision so far that I've made. Wish I would have done it back then! Keep up with the site- it gives lots of support rolleyes.gif

Im jealous...was on Clear Liquids for 5 days...but I just do what the people with the scalpels tell me.... :)

Focus on you, its your journey...I will be banded on March 9th, and I have told no one really besides my husband and a couple of people, maybe for the fear of back talk and not being strong enough to deal with it, hear it, or to take a stand to it, butI feel ok...I dont tell everyone when I go on a diet, so this is no diffrent...People may feel diffrent once they see you work hard, and they may be scared for you, one for the medical reason, and two or the change....they may be afraid of those two things, re asure those you have told, but if this is what you decide...then do this for you and your future!!! good luck!!! and yes I am doing a pre diet, doc orders, he just wants to make sure my liver is a bit less fatty..so shake for Breakfast, lunch and a sensible dinner....basically it sucks....but...doing my best...lol..good luck!!

I just had 1 week of low fat. He just said if it taste good don't eat it Ha. I just ate as low fat as possible lost 5 lbs and so happy to be dropping wt again after plateau for weeks. It happens. Welcome hope all goes well for you I'm very happy with mine

I was on Atkins induction (less than 20g carbs) per day for 2 weeks prior... I lost 8 lbs on that and had surgery in 2/24.... I'm on Clear liquids only for 1 week post op, then full liquids for week 2, then soft thn mushies for week 3 then fuller mushies for week 4.... I don't have my post op follow up til march 9 which is 2 weeks post op... Hoping to have lost a total of 15-20 by then :)

Everyone's dr seems to have them on different pre op and post op diets ... Mine seems a bit strict post op, and today I started feeling some hunger pangs....

Good luck to you on your journey !

I have been doing the two shakes/one meal per day for about a week. I did go lenient on Sat/Sun, so have only lost about 10lb. I am going all for it this week because I should have my surgery scheduled soon. My surgeon's office submits for approval before scheduling a date, so I know I've been approved and now am waiting for surgeon's office. I should have surgery in the next few weeks.

Is your meal low in carbs? Congrats on getting your surgery soon! I hope the approval goes well and everything goes right on track for surgery!

Congrats on your decision! Sorry that you don't have support. Is it that they just don't know enough about it? I think its great that you are doing this at 20. Best decision so far that I've made. Wish I would have done it back then! Keep up with the site- it gives lots of support rolleyes.gif

Thank you so much, that means a lot! I guess they don't know enough as you stated. They keep telling me it's a "cop-out" or the "easy-way out" which really upsets me. I just don't think anyone who is considering lap band is aware that the band itself doesn't make you lose the weight but the diet and determination does. I don't know what to tell them when they say it's a cop out. <_< How long have you had the band?

Im jealous...was on Clear Liquids for 5 days...but I just do what the people with the scalpels tell me.... smile.png

What does the clear liquid consist of? chicken broth and Water? Haha!