Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No More Starbucks??!?!?

So I was sad that I may not have starbucks frappies Well my hubby took me by there today and I just got a little excited and motivated! They made me a non fat sugar free frappies and I loved it!! I never really paid attention to low fat sugar free stuff in my life but since I started my whole pre op diet. So the reason I posted this was to in courage people that there are healthy ways to eat what you like! Good luck!!

they are so good, just be aware of the carbs in them

i love when i find good alternatives to things i love! thanks never even thought about this one!

i dont drink coffee but love hot chai tea from my local coffe shop every morning. if you dont know what chai is ,its a tea from india that is made up of tea, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, sugar, cardamon and other sweet spices. they mix mine with a cup of skim milk, and i ask for only 3/4 of a scoop of chai mix. for those that want a hot sweet alternitive to high calorie coffee drinks, you might want to try it. its delicious !( you can also get an iced chai but i dont care for it)

I love Starbucks too. I love their hot chocolate. So now I just order the Skinny hot chocolate and they make it with sugart free mocha, sugar free vanilla and fat fee milk. I donsider it one of my Snacks for the day when I get it. It tastes great! Dont cheat your self of all the things you love, just alter them to meet your new dietary needs.

Starbucks is yummy BUT like someone mentioned, carbs are hiding. And if you notice on labels for almost anything low fat, low sugar or no sugar doesn't always mean it's truly low or no and it fact it usually means there is a lot more fat in another category. A little trick I learned from a fellow bandster was playing with my Protein. For example, my chocolate protein mix, I would add some instant coffee crystals and let them absorb. When cold (I never did blend but would love to have) it tastes just like a mocha. Not exactly Starbucks but play around with it. You would be amazed at how crafty and creative you can get :-)

Don't deprive yourself BUT be careful and don't work hard on a pre-op diet to find out that you have been slowing down your weight loss due to lurking carbs. I found this out the hard way.

Starbucks is yummy BUT like someone mentioned' date=' carbs are hiding. And if you notice on labels for almost anything low fat, low sugar or no sugar doesn't always mean it's truly low or no and it fact it usually means there is a lot more fat in another category. A little trick I learned from a fellow bandster was playing with my Protein. For example, my chocolate Protein mix, I would add some instant coffee crystals and let them absorb. When cold (I never did blend but would love to have) it tastes just like a mocha. Not exactly Starbucks but play around with it. You would be amazed at how crafty and creative you can get :-)

Don't deprive yourself BUT be careful and don't work hard on a pre-op diet to find out that you have been slowing down your weight loss due to lurking carbs. I found this out the hard way.[/quote']

Wow! You know I did not even consider that! Yikes!! Thank you everyone for your input! I'm still learning so THANKS! This is one of the reasons I love this place

I will try out you ideas!

If you want to go to Starbucks on the preop diet, you can always get the iced black passionfruit tea with Splenda. It's not coffee, but it's yummy and you don't feel left out when everybody goes!

If you want to go to Starbucks on the preop diet' date=' you can always get the iced black passionfruit tea with Splenda. It's not coffee, but it's yummy and you don't feel left out when everybody goes![/quote']

Do you order that like your coffee? Or is it bottled? Thanks I'm gonna try it!

You order it like the coffee! It's very refreshing.

if u want a Starbucks then drink it, i drink the large carmel Frapp. once or twice a month or the Frappe @ McDonalds!! u cant deprive urself of all things!!

You order it like the coffee! It's very refreshing.

That's I'm gonna try that!

if u want a Starbucks then drink it' date=' i drink the large carmel Frapp. once or twice a month or the Frappe @ McDonalds!! u cant deprive urself of all things!![/quote']

Thanks for the motivation! Once I get banded then every once in a blue moon I will!! I'm just trying my hardest to stay true to the pre diet right.

I use the smoothie as a Meal Replacement in a pinch (usually Breakfast when I'm running late). It has 17g of Protein. They recently upped the calorie count to 300 (It was at 260 before) so I have slowed down a little on it. You can have it made with skim milk but it only brings it down 20 calories. (Which is odd to me.)

What I have done is invest in a Blendtec (the brand of blender they use) and have become really good at making my own smoothies and I can get the Protein level up to 30g+ for 250 calories.

If you are in the neighborhood, swing by! I'll make you a chocolate Peanut Butter smoothie Meal Replacement that will knock your sock off for 300 calories and 38g of protein! :P

Thanks for the motivation! Once I get banded then every once in a blue moon I will!! I'm just trying my hardest to stay true to the pre diet right.

ur right i stayed true to the diet from Jan011 to Aug011 i lost about 111, so now i add different things in ocassionally so i dont get bored, but sometimes i will over due things and then its hard to back on track again....!! good luck and u will do fine!!