Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suck It Up!!!!!!

I HATE Whiners....I can't stand people who cry and say "I can't do this" I can see right through people who "Make excuses"

I did not have this surgery so I could go on another diet. The Dr. told me if I have this surgery, it will "Change My Life" forever, and take away many,

if no all, the medical problems I have.

I expect nothing short of this!!! And have acheived it!

People whine saying what do you mean, I'll never be able to eat this or that again??? What do you want...being skinny or your comfort food.

If my Dr. told me, in order to have 100% success, I would have to eat bread and Water for 6 months, I still would have asked "Where do I get in line?"

It took me 13 months to reach my goal. There are many foods I will never, and really don't want to eat anymore. No more family barbecue "Pig Outs"

No more "All you can eat Buffets"

I didn't cry and whimper when I got stuck. I took it as CHANGE and learned to live with and around it....changing ME not the band.

I can now walk in public, wear a bathing suit, do yard work shirtless, buy normal clothes in a regular store and look good.

I read here on LBT everyday from people, and they talk as though they have come to a cross roads in their lap band journey, have to make a decision,

and they BACK DOWN instead of sucking it up and moving forward.

It's a free world, everyone chooses how to run their own life. Just don't come back here a year from now and say the "Band does not work".

I just had to read this when I saw the tease on Facebook, I should have recognized you right away lol I still come here daily to read and support. You have done amazing. I know that for some people it is a really hard change. For me, and I know it will drive you crazy, but the band really does all the hard work for me. I have been banded since october, and I just got a great fill and am now really losing. But I have been very passive in the exercise department. I think it will come and I will want to do better. I have the equipment, just need the gumption to get er done.

You know, B-52, you talk straight. I was just reading a little on other people's comments, and they are moaning that they don't like skinny people. I always wanted to be "skinny". Not so much that I wore size "0", but enough that I could shop in regular stores, and as you said, look good in a swim suit. Now, I have a lot of wrinkles, where the truly skinny folks, who never had to loose weight, don't. But, I wear a size 8-10 suit, and it fits me fine! I am proud of my weight loss and don't feel that I am missing anything! Thanks for letting me say my piece! Karen

Wow B-52 that's fighting talk and I like it. Unfortunately everyone doesn't have your no nonesense approach to the lap band and I'm guessing... life.

But certainly the problem with a lot of lap banders is they have been misled that it's a 'set it and go' weight loss solution, but it isn't at all. You do still have to make sacrifices, but that's life.

If you want that body to die for and you are desperate for a solution (which by the way you should be to opt for weight loss surgery at all) then you've got to do what it takes.

Think of the lap band as a tool to get what you want, it's not a solution in itself, but you have to work with that tool to get results.

Good post B52

Amen B-52! :)

Amen! I expect this to work because I expect to do the work!! I will be successful. When my Dr told me that lapbanders lose about 50% of their excess weight, I told him I was not doing this to be average!!!

I agree 100%. When I first started researching lap-band I was thinking it would be a good thing for my daughter. As I was researching I quickly figured out you have to have your "head" in the right place, foodwise. You have to be willing to give up certain things without regret. In my research I realized that my daughter's "head" wasn't there yet, but mine was!! Guess what? Three and a half weeks post-surgery and down 18 lbs and I'm thrilled!! I did enough research to realize it was the right thing for me to do. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people that don't do research. The info is abundant and easily accessable to anyone with a computer.

Great post, B-52! Your posts always encourage me. Whiners and excuse-makers annoy me, too, but I try to remind myself that they exist in all aspects of life. Though we can't change our genetics or some of the life challenges we face, we do possess the power needed to work our hardest to overcome our obesity. You've and others have said more than once that the band is a tool, and that's exactly what I need. Individuals like you inspire me! smile.png

Agree 100%. Life is about sacrifice and compromise.

My doctor said that too about the 50% and I've never actually been able to intellectualize that. It makes no sense to me that if I change my lifestyle by eating right and exercise how it would stop at just the 50%. I expect it to be work, hard work but well worth it.

Agree 100%. Life is about sacrifice and compromise.

My doctor said that too about the 50% and I've never actually been able to intellectualize that. It makes no sense to me that if I change my lifestyle by eating right and exercise how it would stop at just the 50%. I expect it to be work, hard work but well worth it.

I got the 50% spiel from my dr, too. They have to average the successful banders with the less successful banders, and they come up with the 50%. If more of us are successful banders and follow the band rules and make it to our goal weight, that 50% number will rise. My doctor also told me he would be happy if I got down to 160 (just at the point where my BMI would be in the normal range). He doesn't have to worry about that, my goal weight is 140 and I fully expect to see that number by the time my son gets married in 2013! I don't want to be the fat MOTG!!!

YES! YES! YES!!! Great post.

right on the money B-52. The posts from the whiners are like train wrecks - I know I shouldn't read them but I'm powerless to stop myself LOL - truly they do not bother me and after reading them I actually get a lift and feel better about myself and my success if that makes any crazy sense. BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL ON OUR JOURNEYS!!!wink.png

I never understood Dr.'s who say the 50% thing. Like most scientists, they probably take all data, good and bad, and come up with an average that does not indicate that that is how it will be.

If we were to take ALL people's stories here on this website, we would probably come up with similar averages between those who make the most of it and those who don't put much into it. Not necessarily the bands fault!