Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am I missing? Why are ppl leaving?

OK, I've noticed an exodus of people from this board and to be quite frank, I don't understand it. I don't read every thread, and most threads that I do "read" I just skim, so perhaps I missed somewhere where everyone got into a huge fight and things were being lobbed across the room . . .

I imagine it would open up a huge can of worms if whatever the big deal is is addressed again, so would someone please PM me and tell me what's going on?

(as an aside, I have found some threads offensive but, then, I just don't read them. I have also disagreed with some things I have read but I generally just ignore them)

I feel the same way, I'm new so I'm sure I missed everything, but I see that some long time members are leaving because of a "change in atmosphere" or something of that sort, can any one clue me into what's going on?

hehe can't be me, I just got here! From what I have read its about some of the offensive (adult in nature) posts and stuff like that, I think. I mean that's what I have gathered so far. But I think it's kinda sad, every one has been so nice and helpful to me so far.

Posts of an "adult nature"? Haven't seen many of those. :P

I think the erosion issue was done-to-death, maybe that put a few of the long-time members off?

You guys are funny. I'm not quiet sure either but I don't think it is the adult stuff. There are some very strong personalities on here and they are very opinonated and don't seem to be very compasionate. But for those poeple I just move around them.

Oh yeah congratulations on you guys bandings. WOOOHOOOO oh yeah if not one told you, don't take your band off at night when you go to bed. You have to wear it at all times.

Ooh, I forgot to say, best of luck for the 24th, K@t! I'm sure it'll be a breeze for you! (remember to ask all the right questions) :P

OK, I've noticed an exodus of people from this board and to be quite frank, I don't understand it. I don't read every thread, and most threads that I do "read" I just skim, so perhaps I missed somewhere where everyone got into a huge fight and things were being lobbed across the room . . .

I imagine it would open up a huge can of worms if whatever the big deal is is addressed again, so would someone please PM me and tell me what's going on?

(as an aside, I have found some threads offensive but, then, I just don't read them. I have also disagreed with some things I have read but I generally just ignore them)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Its a shame. I don't read certain things b/c I know I will be upset. Instead I just shake my head in disbelief & move my mouse to something more worth my time. It truely sickens me to loose any bandster.

I have to agree, if you don't like something, just don't read it and move on. However I will say I am for XXX or something of that nature in the title of adult themed threads. But regardless these kinds of things pop up any way, were only human. It's sad though because even though I have only been coming here a few weeks it seems like some of the really important people are leaving. I've gotten nothing but help and support from people so i plan on sticking around.

I don't get it at all. I was reading thru another post about the few that are making everyone leave... and I don't get it... Buck up and tell that person their behavior is inappropriate and ask them to leave or stay away from their posts.

There are a few threads that I take no interest in at all and I just skip over them. I don't get it either... I know that some people have been debating things... but I don't think it is bad enough to walk away.... You don't have to read it.

Maybe one of the ones that is leaving will post in here and tell us the "real" reasons they want to get out????

I do feel bad that they think they have to leave tho.

In some ways I feel bad for those people who have chosen to leave, alternatively I don't think it has any impact and it is a little imature. There are many, many threads and many, many members so the chances of every thread and every member being to your liking is nill. Reading something you find offensive is not a big deal. Running away from it is a little much.

To decide to leave but first post a thread blaming others for your decision is in many ways, just another shot across the bow and it appears to me no different than anything that the person/people you are admonishing has done.

You learn and grow as a person from challenging your beliefs and listening to contrary opinions. Running does nothing but make one appear as the spoiled child in the playground who takes the ball and leaves when the game is not going their way

I only know why I took a break and have concidered making it a lonnnggg one.

I get frustrated when new people come on board and try to tell everyone else what to do/what works/what doesn't work. It makes my blood boil because this is such a personal journey and I find it ironic that someone who has been overweight all their life can tell anyone else how to lose weight.

We only know what works for us.

So, out of frustration and not having the time or wanting to take the energy to fight about it, it's easier to just walk away and shake my head. Now, that's not helping anyone (especially the brand new bandsters who are struggling) but sometimes we must self-preserve. Plus, I don't want to make it worse for anyone because I can't drop a subject.

That's what I know about it.

Megan

I get frustrated when new people come on board and try to tell everyone else what to do/what works/what doesn't work. It makes my blood boil because this is such a personal journey and I find it ironic that someone who has been overweight all their life can tell anyone else how to lose weight.

But isn't this why we come here? Being new and not being banded yet, all these post about what to do/what works/what doesn't work is what is helping me to understand how things are going to be. I think most people mean these as suggestions, and are just saying what has worked for them. I don't think they are trying to say that that is what works for every one or in every situation, just what has worked for them. With out all those suggestions I think I would be lost.