Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Not Feeling Negative?

I was banded on 1/27. The first week was the WORST. Now, Im moving on and Im feeling better and better every day. Im not thinking of food every 2 seconds, Im losing at a decent rate, Im feeling better and healing good.

My thing is, I come on here every day..actually this site is always up..and all I read is negative. I know its tough..and everyone is going to get in their ruts..but I thought there would be a lot more positive than negative. I almost tell myself not to come in for awhile.....so..can I hear some good stories???

I haven't had that experience. Go on the Jan. bandsters site. Everyone's pretty positive so far.

Go to the success stories forum and read some of those posts! The pre-op and post-op forums are often filled with stories of surgery pain, fears, questions on eating, being stuck, not enough restriction, etc. It's all just part of the process in the beginning phases of this journey. Once you get out a few months and get in the groove, things pick up and you start living life and not focusing on food so much. It just takes time! :)

I feel like I see an equal of both positive and negative on here. Make sure you also read the blogs and like someone said above, the success stories. Iv'e lost 45 pounds in 10 weeks, so I believe I'm a success thus far. I would do everything the same and do not regret my decision at all. Good luck and stay positive! :)

We were banded on the same day :) im optimistic.

Ive been banded for over a year now and have never really been negative about the band. Im actually happy and excited I have it because well for the obv we can loose weight and not gain it back! I havnt gained any back and dont plan on it either. Ive lost 80 pounds and very happy! The only negative thing that happens to me is when i do it to myself and I clearly understand its my fault. Like not chewing enough and getting stuck! thats the only negative thing but other than that we have to make it positive because we chose to have the band :)

I'm very positive about the band. I've had it for over 2 yrs now and have lost all but about 9 lbs. The only complaint I have isn

t actually about the band - it's the fact that my dr told me I'm maxed out at 10cc in a 14cc band. I can't have any more fills. I'm gunna have to lose the last 9 by myself. Everything else is honky dorry. Good luck!

Marci

Yes! Negative when you go in for a fill and find out you gained 2 lb in a month!!

I don't really look at them as neg.s. just peoPle posting their pit falls/stumbling blk.s. looking for support A little positive feed back. Everyone needs someone to say you'll get through this from someone that can say I was there.

No negative here. I love my band. I'm at goal and have been for almost 2 years. Feeling good, looking good, no major problems.

YAY BAND

I think usually people want to get out their pain and frustration so they come here, but there are lots of positives too! Writing about things really helps sometimes and there are so many knowledgeable people here.

I too was banded the same day as you and so far, I don't see much negativity. I even opted out of going to the first support group meeting tonight as I feel I get more out of this group, good, bad or indifferent. Basically, I take what I need, if it applies, and leave the rest for someone else to learn from.

I see what you mean, sort of. I was banded the day after you and when I started reading the forums and blogs after my surgery, all I could see were people having negative experiences. Or people that had had complications or the band hadn't "worked for"... I think it's just my own fear that is zooming in on these things. Before surgery, I only found positive responses and experiences and thought EVERYONE was super happy with their band. Right after surgery, it seemed the opposite was true.

Go figure. I think it's just that now I have a dog in the fight, I am more attuned to people who are having a rough time or have failed... because that's my fear.

Make sense? :)

I love my band. Losing weight has finally "clicked" for me. It's not a struggle every day to monitor what I eat and to make good choices. I can deviate from my meal plan, enjoy a small amount of an indulgence and move on without another thought. (In the past, a deviation would be the beginning of quitting/failing again.)

I have increased my activity because I feel better. I have not started a strenous exercise program but I am losing weight steadily.

Can I eat bread, Pasta, or rice? I don't know because I haven't tried. My doctor's program (like most) recommendes eating Proteins first, then veggies, and carbs/starches last. So far, I haven't had a meal where I had a desire for more food after eating my Protein and veggies.

I can have thin crust pizza with no problems but I am satisfied with one slice. (I also usually make some chicken tenderloins with Italian spices to have with pizza so I can be sure that I am getting some good, low fat protein too.)

I am a happy bandster.