Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my second fill last week and now have 5 cc in my band. I am finally feeling a little restriction! Since I gained 3 pounds last month, I am glad to finally feeling some restriction. I go in for another fill next month. I have a feeling that my third fill is going to do the trick. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I got my third fill today, so now I have a total of 3.8 cc in my band. I have been getting fills every two weeks, but my next one is a month from now. My doc said I should be averaging a loss of 2 pounds per week, some weeks will be more and some will be less. I still feel that I can eat too much, but he didn't seem that concerned. He's happy that I'm not hungry between meals and am eating a lot less than pre-surgery. I'm shooting to lose 8 pounds by my next fill (June 26th)!

Alerker I can't really tolerate any food until about 2-3 hours after I'm awake. I drink a bottle of Water during this period. Anything else is just too much. I may be able to get in some hot Cereal or yogurt. Maybe a Protein Shake, but that's still at least 2 hrs after I'm awake and I'm already at work into my day.

Lewilli, I live in FL it's hot and I live alone, I almost never cook. I have cottage cheese with chopped veggies,Greek yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit, low fat cheese, ricotta cheese, tuna salad, chicken salad, blended veggie, fruit, nut, drinks. I sometimes put soy, milk, or yogurt or Protein Powder in the blender drinks. I recently have been eating spinach salads with finely chopped veggies with feta cheese. When I do cook (rarely) I use a crock pot with chicken and veggies or pork roast with veggies. I put this outside on our screened in covered porch so I don't heat up the house. This crock pot feast will last me for many days and I just reheat in microwave in small bowl servings. I sometimes poach a couple eggs in microwave with spinach, cheese or other veggies. I made a huge meatloaf with much filler including blended onion, bell pepper, garlic, herbs, and oatmeal mixed with diet lean burger. This lasted many meals and I reheated in microwave. I made chili with lots of Beans, onions tomatoes and bell pepper. I made ff refried bean dip with ff sour cream chopped tomatoes guacamole and low fat cheese. I don't like eating mostly Protein so I mix veggies and fruit with about everything. I try to avoid cooking anything except about one big pot of food once a week. I hope this helped. There are lots of good band recipes online. MelVan

im really impressed with what you have shared with us here. could you give us/me recipes please?? for example,, the eggs with spinach?? in fact,most of what youve put here.. is that too much to ask?? we grow spinach, i would love to know what you do with spinach and eggs... and the other dishes you mention as well.. is it too much to ask of you?? i would appreciate it so much if you could. thanks. judy

Judych, I will email you this weekend with my recipes, eating plan, websites I like etc. I laughed at your request because I am not known as a good cook....I try to eat very healthy. No salt, sugar, healthy fats only. About 10 yrs ago I tried to be vegan and I have tried the raw food diet, juicing....I feel food can cure us of illnesses caused by the standard American diet(S.A.D.) this new way of eating according to the band has been very different from what I have been doing. I would prefer to mostly do without dairy and almost never meat. WOW am I doing things differently on this diet. Anyway I still believe in lots of veggies fruit nuts and seeds whenever possible. I think I can find your email. Melvan

so after much today i Got my first fill yesterday, although i had to get the fill by my dr doing in with a xray,but i went well, i got 2ccs yesterday, he said that most people get that their first fill. I was only allowed to eat post operation diet untill this evening, so i dont know if i will feel fullier fast or if i will have any restrictions. I will get you informed.

Judych, I will email you this weekend with my recipes, eating plan, websites I like etc. I laughed at your request because I am not known as a good cook....I try to eat very healthy. No salt, sugar, healthy fats only. About 10 yrs ago I tried to be vegan and I have tried the raw food diet, juicing....I feel food can cure us of illnesses caused by the standard American diet(S.A.D.) this new way of eating according to the band has been very different from what I have been doing. I would prefer to mostly do without dairy and almost never meat. WOW am I doing things differently on this diet. Anyway I still believe in lots of veggies fruit nuts and seeds whenever possible. I think I can find your email. Melvan

hi Melvan.. ive been away for a few days.... thanks for this. in case you didnt find my email address here it is...

chestermanjudith318@gmail.com .... appreciate this. judy

Melvan email the info to me too if you dont mind. Info@sydneywyatt.com

Thanks so much

I am down five pounds since I got fill #2 ten days ago. I am not really sure if it is due to the band or temporary side effects from medication. All I know is that I am not hungry during the day. Whatever the cause, I am happy!

I had my 3rd fill yesterday, so I now have 5ccs in my 10cc band, I immediately started feeling a difference, and low and behold I had my first pbing episode....of course it happened at work :(.....defenitely not something I want to expience again. With the feeling of very little to no restriction I guess I got a little lazy in my chewing and small pieces. Will have to be more diligent from now on!

Flipped port.... this suxxx... banded march 5th went in today for a fill and they were not able to access the port... after floroscopy confirmed thd port is flipped and i need a second surgery...... uugghhh why me?? Does any one know why this happens?? Has anyone else had this happen to them??

Sorry to hear about your port! :(

Flipped port.... this suxxx... banded march 5th went in today for a fill and they were not able to access the port... after floroscopy confirmed thd port is flipped and i need a second surgery...... uugghhh why me?? Does any one know why this happens?? Has anyone else had this happen to them??

What does that feel like? I'm 4 weeks post op and still have a great deal of pain and discomfort at my port site

How is everyone doing?

I gained 4 pounds (during TOM) and that took what felt like forever to lose again.. Now I haven't lost anymore since then.. I have to admit the last month wasn't a good one. There was lots of stress at work, 3 baby showers, 1 graduation party, 1 Teacher of the year party but I passed on the cake at all of the events. :) I started jazzercise this morning so hope that helps get me back in gear.

Sounds like you are on the right track. You will love Jazzercise! It is such a good workout and fun, too! I am also on the right track again. It feels great to be losing again. I eat about half of what I used to eat before I was banded. I would like to eat less, but I think I will need about one more fill to get to that point. I am leaving for Italy on Monday. I hope I do well there and lose some more. Even if I eat more than usual, I usually do not gain weight on vacation due to all of the walking we do. However, I think my wine consumption will be up.

How is everyone doing?

I gained 4 pounds (during TOM) and that took what felt like forever to lose again.. Now I haven't lost anymore since then.. I have to admit the last month wasn't a good one. There was lots of stress at work, 3 baby showers, 1 graduation party, 1 Teacher of the year party but I passed on the cake at all of the events. :) I started jazzercise this morning so hope that helps get me back in gear.