Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I got anti-nausea meds at the hospital but nothing since then. I also stopped taking the pain meds, thought they really contributed to the nausea. I got up and went for another walk and will try the milk of magnesia today. Heating pad also helps. It's a bit better, but I too having a hard time getting my liquids and Protein in. Going to a support group tomorrow and will talk to my bariatric nurse as well there. One day at a time!!

It takes me all day to get 8 oz of Protein Shake down. Today I have been able to get more Fluid in so the swelling must be going down. I still am not hungry!

yvonne74

I know, it is a strange feeling........not being hungry and "HAVING" to eat, well drink. I got one shake down yesterday, some Jello and about a 1/4 cup of broth....OH and a fudgecicle. But really, I am not hungry and worry about drinking too much....I do not want to vomit. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice. I got anti-nausea meds at the hospital but nothing since then. I also stopped taking the pain meds, thought they really contributed to the nausea. I got up and went for another walk and will try the milk of magnesia today. Heating pad also helps. It's a bit better, but I too having a hard time getting my liquids and Protein in. Going to a support group tomorrow and will talk to my bariatric nurse as well there. One day at a time!!

That is the key.....One Day at a Time.........everyone is different, that's what makes this forum so helpful. We can do this together :D

I have been looking for this blog, sharing my experience with others having lap band surgery at the same time. I am scheduled for 3/20. I started my boost yesterday And my belly rumbles all day long. I even dreamed about food last night. But I am so looking forward to this and nervous at the same time. I try to avoid blogs about people having problems.

How is everyone else doing

Alerker I had my surgery 3-1-12 and I am so happy I did! Did I have that day four feeling of "what have I done to myself?" I did but it only lasted a day or two. All in all it has been a wonderful experience! I am going for my first fill in one and a half weeks. I couldnt be more excited!

Mandagay, I am happy to hear you are doing so well. Thank you for sharing your "what have I done experience" it well help me when/if I have the same feeling which I'm pretty sure I will.

What type of food are people eating for your pureed diet?

This forum is awesome! i have learned so much and gotten so much support! for those Marchies that have been banded..congrats on your step towards a new you! For those waiting..best of luck! i am a week banded tommorrow and thought the worst before going in...i am soo happy i took this step!

Quick ? for new bandsters..is your port site swollen? my nurse said its normal as long as it is not red or looks infected...she said to use ice pad 3 times a day..anyone else feel swollen on the port side?

Healthylife.....I am swollen on my port side too. My nurse said the same thing. Ice packs. None of the other incisions hurt at all. I was banded March 6th. Had a really hard time with gas and all the suggestions didn't seem to help much, but it finally went away after about 3-4 days post op. Today was the first day I could get an entire 11oz Protein Shake down. I am so glad.....I'm not a fan of pureed meat so getting enough Protein in was begining to be a problem. I love my shakes! Good luck with your port pain, dear!

thanks soo much Kmom2! i start soft items tommorrow..been hard getting in 60 grams of protien..i am close, but feel full quickly.. trying to go for the highest Protein items! best of luck!

You are most welcome! Good work getting in the protein! I am on soft foods also...trying scrambled eggs tonight. I hope they go down okay. And stay down.....LOL LOL

I am 8 lbs down in 10 days, loving my band. Still not hungry, feeling 80% better today.

...wow.. so your day has come. all the best to you. i hope it goes quickly and painlessly for you. talk to you on the other side.

JudyCh1946, thank you and I've made it to the other side. So far feeling really pretty good. The worst of my pain is in the left shoulder from the gas. I'm having issues with my couch and recliner they both sit very deep and make it almost impossible for me to get on them....I have taken a nap not really eating much yet did have some broth when I got home it helped with the sore throat from the tube they put down my throat. My doctor told me that he found a hyatial hernia and he fixed it while he was in there...(I know I butchered that word) Here's to feeling better tomorrow. Peace and Love :)

Ok I read on here that a lot of people are eating sugar free fudge pops. I went to look for them in the store and all the ones I saw had like 14g of carbs. Is there a special one you guys are eating with low are no carbs? 4 more days on this liquid diet then to soft foods. Trying to find something different tired of Soup, yougurt and Protein shakes.. Thx in advance.

I told my whole work place. I work with firefighters and seeing weight come off me quickly I know they would be concerned. I have been very lucky, everyone has been BEYOND supportive. My boss has rearranged my schedule, co workers have brought in old uniforms that I will be able to use during my journey. I know its a personal choice but I have always said that if people want to judge me then that is their own issue

i have the same issues ... what to say about the op when i dont want to share what im having done. i just said that i was having a hernia fixed. that simple. also, because i have bad joint issues and fluctuating blood pressure, i have to lose weight, which i do. ive told family, no one else, that a dietician is onboard now as my problems are chronic. that will take care of the op.. and the weight loss afterwoods. i hate lying. this was the closest i came to telling the full story. i hope that you can just share enough without having to divulge everything. we shouldnt have to ''please explain'' to others.