Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got banded yesterday man that gas was nothing nice but once u felt that the sores from surgery where nothing

Just got banded yesterday man that gas was nothing nice but once u felt that the sores from surgery where nothing

Right.... Once I took that gas x and walked it went away.

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

Hi Steph, I'm doing great, hope u are too!

Hi Steph, I'm doing great, hope u are too!

Yes, I'm feeling better and better as the days go on :) Day three has definitely turned for me. I am sore, but not in pain. Still forcing myself to eat and finding it hard to drink 64+oz. Definitely still have gas issues.

Hi Alerker I am on day one of recovery and I'm not in pain at all. I've walked and took gas-x so the gas has sustained. I am not hungry at all and have to make myself eat. Yesterday before surgery I was 235 I stepped on the scale today I'm 225 is that normal.

I found the day after surgery when I weighed, I had dropped 3 or 4lb, but now today I am jumping around between old and "new" weight. I think I will put the scale away for another week and see the real numbers soon. I still have a lot of gas, so wondering if this is playing with the scale.

Hi All,

I am now 11 days post surgery. I feel very fortunate that my surgery went so well. They kept me overnight because my oxygen level was low and sent me home with the oxygen. Went to the Dr. today and found that I lost 17 lbs since pre op so far and my oxygen level is back to normal and I am released from the 50 ft hose that I have been toting around the house.

I am on soft food and have tolerated all that I have eaten very well. I still find it hard to get all my Protein and liquid in. Other than that I feel fine.

I hope eveyone's surgery and recovery goes as well as mine did.

Lori

Hi Everyone,

After all the crazyness this week, I have decided to go through with the surgery after all. I am due at the hospital at 7:30 and the procedure is at 9. I am a bundle of nerves right now (obviously right? since I'm posting at 2 in the morning instead of sleeping)! I spent so much time today making sure things were prepared for my kids, that I hardly ate anything! So, now I'm a little hungry and I just want it to be time already!

According to my doctor, I will have 1 week of liquids and 1 week of puree's.

See you on the other side!

I have a question for you early March Bandsters . . . I was banded on the 9th and today marks two weeks. This last week has been great, I was getting all my Protein, but having a hard time getting all my Water. Yesterday, however was horrible! My back was hurting (It's also my time of the month, grrrrrr) and took some meds (probably a little overkill, but I took some of the liquid prescription from the doc, not a lot mind you). Anyways, about an hour later I am began to feel extremely nauseous and threw up twice. I had some nausea in the beginning, right after surgery, but this marks the first real vomiting experience. I am back to being frustrated and feeling like, What have I done? Has anyone else felt this? I am guessing that the meds upset me, since I had a pretty empty stomach. But sheesh! Today my belly and incisions are sore all over again. I am just ready to eat something substantial! Thanks for letting me vent . . . this can be so hard and, of course, I am so emotional and weepy! Argh! This too shall pass. :(

Hi every one. My surgery day is finally here. Have to be at the facility at 10. I am a little anxious and I hope I have lost enough weight on my preop diet. We will see!

gboreing

I was banded on the 9th as well. I have been feeling great and moving about without any problems. I have not had the nausea but do know when you vomit you use some of those abdominal muscles not generally used, add to that the surgery and the port being sutured to one of those muscles and I think you can explain the discomfort. What I am having is some pain issues and muscle issues where the port it. I also have a bit of drainage from my biggest incision, call into the doc and waiting on a return call. I've done all I can to keep things clean but this incision is right at the waistband and I think it just got rubbed. The port area isn't tender to touch it is movement in one direction so I am assuming it is the muscle the port is sutured to.

D

trenai77

Good luck today........keep us posted :)

Got banded on March 20th and feeling "normal" for the first time. Drinking chicken broth and Proasis mixed with Water for two weeks. Then it is pureed foods for another two weeks. I had horrible stomach cramps, gas, and diarrhea on Day 2 and Day 3. I discovered that it was being caused by the Isopure Protein liquid, which contains sucralose. My body is very sensitive to sucralose and cannot tolerate it. Once I stopped the sucralose, my life improved tenfold. Going back to work on Monday!

sassybee

Glad you figured out what was causing it.

D

awww.... thank you so much for this. im just about ready to go now. i do feel a bit calmer now. thank the Lord for that. yes, i do appreciate so much the love and support coming from this forum now..... love all you folk.. i will try and get on when i get home. maybe saturday our time. sending hugs now... and thanks so much Violet C. judy

...welll , im home, was banded on thursday afternoon, had a hernai, as i thought. im sore... some gas affecting the nerve in my shoulder, but i find if i take a deep breath that helps a lot. ive had a small cup of coffee this morning which went down slowly but well. ive got some clear home made chicken Soup out for later. im not having any trouble keeping anything down so far, which is good. i did find thursday, after surgery when trying to have some ice that it tasted very salty. the staff told me that sometimes the taste buds get affected... not sure if thats temporary or permanent. lol. i even tasted a little salt in my coffee this morning... go figure.. lol. Has anyone else had this?

i was unwell on thursday afternoon... wanting to vomit.. the staff put so much "" stuff"" in my drip i was doped to the eyeballs... didnt sleep well on the night of the op. was trying my deep breathing all night. yesterday morning i was dozing a lot. the dr came in, said i could go home if i could keep liquids down, so i came home about mid afternoon. To a nice warm fire burning and my own bed. i didnt sleep all that well last night either. After travelling for nearly two hours in a car i was a bit stirred up. no matter.. im up and feeling a lot better today.. still sore but feeling better. how is everyone else doing that was banded yesterday??

thanks... yes' date=' i agree. perhaps the time will come when i can talk about it. not now though... im feeling pressured enough without family judging me. better close for now. got to do a few things before i leave. (( hugs))[/quote']

I agree...for now it is my immediate family's information. Some people don't discuss their procedures so you do not need to either until or unless you choose to do so.