Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need A Buddy In The Dfw Area!

I could really use a buddy in my area! Its hard enough going at this alone!!!

Hey...I'm not too far from you..just a few hours east...I would love to have someone to talk to about the daily ups and downs with my life after my band!

Wish I was closer!! I'm closer to the Longview area

I'm in North Dallas and just getting myself in the swing of things. Had my surgery June 2010 with very little restriction, 2.5; which was ok since I was traveling for work & having to do business dinners fairly often the less restriction gave me freedom for that. I had not had a fill and lost about 45 lbs, but this weekend i finally got one and really want to do this not so half-ass as I admittedly have been. Rapid weight loss was not my original goal, overall health and feeling better about myself was. I think now the my two year mark is approaching I'm having a freak out moment where I realize I have let precious time go by that I could have had much better results with. When I went in they measured my fill at 2.0 and filled me to 3.5. I Was doing so mny things wrong I'm surprised I lost any weight at all. I'd love to know some Texas peeps going thru this. No one I know can fathom my decision other than a handful wh

Hello Im Brenda I would like to find a buddy close to Arlington.I am new and pre op.

Hi! I have had my band for 8 days and live in the mid-cities area! The gas pains are about to kill me but I'm optimistic!! Lol

Hello Monica,I hope you are feeling better today. I have my last appt with the Nutritionist the 10th,than they get authorization from my insurance co.Hoping to be banded in June. What have you been doing for your gas pains? Have a great day Everyone! :)

Dfw area here. Surgery was 4/18 and first fill is friday

Hi DFW friends! I'm 11 days post op now and the gas pains are pretty much gone. I just have a horrible pain in my left shoulder. I've read others have had this and am just scared its not going to ever go away. Walking walking walking was the best for the gas. There's really nothing that helps the shoulder pain. :(

Hi DFW friends! I'm 11 days post op and the gas had mostly subsided. Walking walking walking is the best for it. Right now I have horrible left shoulder pain. I'm so afraid it's never going to stop! :(

Just found this thread and thought I'd bump it up! I live/work north of Dallas. I'm hoping to be approved for surgery soon. My husband was banded about 2 years ago and has lost about 130 lbs in that time (started at 380lbs).

Ok DF/W banders, wanna be banders, and curious ... lets set up an evening, after work, where we can gather.

Irving or Arlington might be good just because there are those of us from Rockwall and Benbrook, Allen and Alvarado ....

Lets hear some suggestions. We are all at different stages so we can't all have the same things. My suggestion is Mexican food or maybe a steak house. Because Soup, refried Beans or baked potato, and Protein like steak and chicken.

Say??? A Tuesday night? June 5th?

Let me hear from you. You can email, text, message on here, or whatever.

Kay Mikes

817.894.1564 (cell)

Kaymikes@ebby.com

Kami 76065.I would enjoy meeting other people,but not to sure about the date,and current time.my husband just started a new job in the evening,and i have a 13yr old.I would have to find something for her to do. Brenda

I'd be interested, Irving would work best for me since I'm in Justin but work @ the airport.