Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can 1 Cc Really Make That Much Of A Difference?

I had my 4th fill last week. Prior to the last fill, I could eat anything and any amount I wanted. Today I had a hard time keeping 1 cup of Soup down. Can 1 cc really make that much of a difference and provide this much restriction?

Yes it can. You were obviously very near restriction. so long as you can keep your fluids down and eat small meals without difficulty, you will be fine but if not, you may actually need a small unfill.

yep. 1/2 cc can make a difference. i had to have 0.4 cc taken out cause i was way too tight and wow, i felt so much better. still have good restriction but not so much i am uncomfortable.

Absolutely. .5 made me swell so much I couldn't keep liquids down.

What they said! Yes, it can make a big difference. Maybe a cup of Soup is too much! Sometimes, 1/2 a cup is enough. But, if you are having trouble eating and drinking you might need a slight unfill! Karen

I had my 4th fill last week. Prior to the last fill, I could eat anything and any amount I wanted. Today I had a hard time keeping 1 cup of Soup down. Can 1 cc really make that much of a difference and provide this much restriction?

Absolutely can make a difference, when u are close to full restriction even .25 cc can make all the difference in the world. So if u need a slight unfill make sure its a small one :)

I had my first fill last week of 3ml and have no restriction at all and can still eat lots, I'm praying the next fill will make a difference and can't wait, but how will I know when it's right? Will I still feel hungry? Will I just not be able to eat or will food just get stuck? I've had the food stuck feeling if I don't chew food small enough but can still carry on eating, does anyone else have this problem? I'm really getting disheartened and beginning to feel like I've made a mistake and wasted a lot of money, can anyone HELP please

O yeagh ! Just look at yourself and figure it out.

I'm sure you wanted restriction, and you have it.

As long as you can drink, and eventually eat something your fine.

If you can't eat let your Dr. know.

I had my first fill last week of 3ml and have no restriction at all and can still eat lots, I'm praying the next fill will make a difference and can't wait, but how will I know when it's right? Will I still feel hungry? Will I just not be able to eat or will food just get stuck? I've had the food stuck feeling if I don't chew food small enough but can still carry on eating, does anyone else have this problem? I'm really getting disheartened and beginning to feel like I've made a mistake and wasted a lot of money, can anyone HELP please

I am a week away from my year anniversary and I still don't think my fill is at the right spot. So to answer your question if you made a mistake, NO WAY! I have followed the rules and hoping my visit on the 7th will get me to the green zone. Hang in there, some people take longer than others.

I just had my 4th fill last week (I'm at 4cc in a 14cc band), and for the first time I've noticed a change. I have not had to slow down when eating or even think about chewing more thoroughly or anything to this point. Since the fill, if I eat too fast I'll get the hiccups after my 2nd bite. The other big change is that I'm not hungry in the morning. I still can eat whatever I want, and I can eat a ton of food if I let myself. My surgeon has wanted to cut back what he's adding, and I'm at a loss about what to do at the next appt. I know I need more of a fill, but I don't know if I want the 1cc I've been getting, or if I should cut back to .5cc. My surgeon is pretty conservative, so if I ask him the question, I know he'll cut me back and I'm not sure that's what I want. Any advise from those that have been there?

If your already feeling that little stuck feeling... Then you have not wasted your money at all..

Once you hit restriction, you will learn very fast to chew a lot smaller, and the Hunger Hormone will be supressed, and you won't feel that hungry. You have to learn that, because your not Hungry, it still is not a free ticket to go and munch.

You find other things to do, and in time the weight will fall off.

I am a week out from surgery and had my first "unfill" today. Just the slightest bit removed was awesome! I can breathe now. Does everyone follow the "24hours of liquids after an adjustment" rule?

Yes- 24 hour to 48 hour liquid only!! GO SLOW!! I'm 6yrs out, felt like a little fill would help me lose last 15#--- wrong 0.3cc made me overfilled!!! I have had horrific reflux, can't sleep even sitting up, choking, burning, coughing, PB'ing, sliming, very few solids, too tight for yogurt, takes an hr to drink protein-- going for unfill. I tried to allow swelling to go down- I've waited a month, I'm too tight for liquids even. Less than 1cc can make a HUGE difference!!