Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to ask you all what brand of Protein Shakes is recommended by your doctor and by you of course! I can't for the life of me drink the Protein Shake powders I bought so far. I just keep spending money and then wasting it because I cannot stand the taste they have. Can anyone recommend a good tasting shake?

Thanks

I used slim fast low carb and they were okay but I prefer the costco pre made Protein Shakes which I still drink 5 months after surgery.

I make my own. smoothies. Use 100% whey as the basic starting componet for the protien only, than add whatever my imagination can come up with.

Water or skim milk, mixed betrries, strawberries, mixed fruit, whatever.

I have one every morning for Breakfast, along with my other supplements Vitamins, etc.

Have been doing this every morning for over a year.

Not to mention my band is very tight in the morning and I can not tolerate any more solid than that.

I also invested in a GOOD QUALITY Blender.

I really enjoy the Unjury shakes. They can be ordered online or through your doctor. My doctor has them on hand in their office so it makes it convenient and the chocolate and vanilla are really good, especially if you mix them. I also did buy one from Sam's, but be careful about the ingredients. My dietitian suggested only using shakes that first ingredient is whey or Soy Isolate not concentrate or blend, Hope this helps...good luck!!!

I had the same problem after surgery trying to find one that i like....I found 2 the first one that my dr suggested was from smoothie King, it ran about $45 in a big tub, called "Gladiator" I got the vanilla because i can add frozen strawberries ... with this one you have to put 2 scoops powder in the blender with Water and ice and whateer else you want......TASTES GREAT

THIS shake WILL GIVE YOU 45G OF Protein PER SHAKE!

The second was a pre-made EAS lite shakes, they run about $7-8 for a case of four cans ....I got the Cookies and creame flavor or the the vanilla and with this one, although its premade I would still pour this in the blender and add a fat free chocolate pudding cup to it and blend .....SO GOOD!

THIS shake WILL GIVE YOU 32G OF Protein PER SHAKE.....

i love the "Boost" Protein Shakes that come in a small bottle , in a 6 pack for around $6.50- $7.00. Walmart, target, grocery stores have them usually next to the slim fast or in the diabectic section. chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, but i find the vanilla really too sweet.

I'm a fan of the Premier Protein shakes from costco, they have 30 grams of Protein, 160 calories, and only 1g of sugar per shake and I like the taste. I also occassionally will drink a boost but they are higher in calories and sugar and only have 15 g of protein per shake but they do taste better.

I loved chocolate muscle milk light, but I now switched to GNC brand chocolate lean shakes. They are less calories and fat than the muscle milk light. They are very good. I only buy the ready to drink ones. good luck!

I use Isopure (Dr Recommended) they have SEVERAL Flavors! I usually only stick to vanilla because I can mix with all kinds of fruit. I also like to go to smoothie King and order a small gladiator (grape and strawberry is my favorite combo) It feels like you are cheating... MMMMM GOOD! It is the only smoothie you can order there with LOW Carb all other smoothies are LOADED with sugar! You can also buy the Gladiator powder from them and make smoothies at home but I am usually on the run so I get a Gladiator Smoothie to Go!

My surgeon said NO Protein shakes, he wants me eating my calories, not drinking them. I bought tons of the stuff only to throw it out.

I now keep one around for after a bad stuck episode called Isagenix (available online). I like the vanilla and the chocolate.

But it really comes down to personal taste.

I like GNC Pro Performance, it has 4 carbs and 20 Protein. My doctor doesn't recommend any more than 25 grams of protein at a time as your body won't absorb it. I usually buy vanilla so that I can mix it with fruit, or sometimes I only add a little pumpkin pie spice. No matter what I add I always add 2 packets of splenda.

I use Pure Protein 100% whey from Walmart at half the cost of the tubs in my doctor's office. Good for Breakfast in the morning. One cup skim milk in blender with one scoop Protein Powder (chocolate or vanilla) and 1 splenda plus a small handful of fruit. I also add a handful of ice. It blends up like a chocolate or vanilla shake and its great!

I know people like the costco one, but I can't stand it! I prefer the pure Protein (chocolate only) the other flavors are nasty. It doesn't taste as good if you buy the powder either. Fresh & Easy has one with 35 grams of protein. They're low in fat and sugar. My favorite is from Bariatric Advantage orange cream or one scoop of vanilla and one chocolate mixed with ice. It's expensive, but my favorite! My doctor recommends at least 80 g of protein and at least half of it from food each day. I don't eat after 7:00 anymore, but sometimes when I'm up late I'll have a Protein Shake. I also have one for breakfast on the way to work. I had my surgery Dec. 2,2011 and Ive lost 42 pounds as of today.

I have been using the Target brand of GNC. I am only allowed shakes with whey or soy isolate too. And they must contain no less than 20 g of Protein per serving. I haven't found any of the brand names I like yet. I've heard good things about Unjury though and am going to order some this week.

My favorite, after having gone through a fortune in tubs, is ISO-100 by Dymatize nutrition. The chocolate is on the sweet side, good for chocolate cravings, otherwise I cut it this way: 1/2 scoop chocolate, 1/2 vanilla = tastes like a milkshake. I also got the nectar ones, they taste funky to me. Except the cappucino one, I mix that with the chocolate for a mocha frap type shake, tastes delicious. One other thing i love to do is mix PB2 with chocolate protien, and oh my gosh, tastes like a reeses milkshake. PB2 is the powdered Peanut Butter that has most of the fat and oil removed.

Also spent a fortune on the sugar free flavor Syrup pumps from DaVinci gourmet. Really helped cravings and taste phenomenal.Try to stay carb-free, and I swear, the pancake flavor tastes just like a liquid, buttery, syrupy waffle. :)