Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hi all,

Well, what a revoltin' mess I'm in!!!!. Had my Surgery as planned on Oct 24, went home 25th with no problems. WALKED!!!! about the house. On Thursday 11-1, I started to get short of breath, but my surgeon just blew me off. On Friday night EMS took me to the hospital where I was diagnosed with 2 large pulmonary emboli, one in each lung. Yech!!!! Just got out of the hospital today, Sunday 11-11. Here's the corker....Can't get fills till I'm off blood thinners, which could be 6-9 months OR FOREVER. Am now on oxygen. I could just spit!!!! I really feel this whole episode has been nothing but a waste of time and insurance $$. Maybe I'll feel better in the AM. Am now seeing: Blood DR, Respiratory DR, Vascular DR (still have clots in my legs), surgeon and pcp.

Julia

julia, I'm so sorry for your complications!

Did they give you a blood thinning shot in the stomach before your surgery? I also had one after.

I had to wear the boots on my legs that pumped the blood, kinda like a big blood pressure cuff on my legs to stop clots from forming.

You keep your head up!

we're here for you.

julia: you should thank God your still alive. I'm sorry to hear how it turned out. But contact me and I will tell you how I lost 100lbs.before surgery. "if you want" This was a criteria by my Dr. atHenry Fords. Shirley...

Thank you all for your well-wishes. I was really feeling sorry for myself. I DO thank God every day for the extra time He's given me. This was not my first go-round with clots in my lungs, although obviously I was younger. The surgery was done at Harper Hospital in Detroit. Had one Heparin shot prior to the surgery and 4 or 5 after. The oxygen's a pain in the butt, but it's only temporary, I hope. I'm losing weight without even thinking of fills. I CAN DOTHIS!!!!!!!! Now, if only I could convince my dear hubby to take off some of the cotton he's wrapped me in. Maybe in a week or two, I hope.

Again thank you all.

Julia

Hi all, I went to my first post op on November 9th and had lost 14.5# :) I go back on the 6th for possibly my first fill. How has everyone been? Life's been rather busy and I haven't had a chance to visit on here in a couple weeks.

julia...hope all is working out for you

kimmi.....great job on the weight loss. Are you feeling fuller longer even without being filled?

another girl on the board lost her 1st 60+ lbs without having a fill!

Everyone have a great thanksgiving!

Hi, I'm from Michigan, my surgery date is Nov 29 at Hurley. anyone else out there going to hurley? :)

hi

i just returned from my 2 week post op with dr featherstone in tc and i have lost 21lbs. i know that the next 4 weeks will be hard, but if i walk and watch what i eat i should be okay

Hi, I'm from Michigan, my surgery date is Nov 29 at Hurley. anyone else out there going to hurley? :)

I had the AP band placed at Hurley by Dr. Wagner on June 21st.

Good experience all in all.

Hi all,

Haven't been keeping up with my e-mails. :ranger:

Not really strong enuf after all my doc visits and blood tests with the thinner. But I've lost 30 lbs since I started my liquids 2 wks prior to the surgery. The hunger is there, but with 6 small meals I can make it. Anyway, what choice do I have? And I'm no longer feeling sorry for myself. That was just an aberration. I'm sorry if I bummed anyone out.

--Kimmi, congrats, and keep up the good work.

--Happy Thanksgiving to all. :hungry:

Julia

I had the AP band placed at Hurley by Dr. Wagner on June 21st.

Good experience all in all.

I'm going to have Dr. Farhan, kind of scared, but not backing out.

Hi everyone, I was so excited when I heard about this site. But right now I'm kinda of disappointed. It doesnt seem there is anyone on here from Michigan anymore... Hmmm....

Well, If anyone reads this I hope to hear from you soon! I'm pre-op and excited to hear about anyone's experiences! I hope you write!

Thanks!!!!!

Hi there cinnaberry! Im too from Michigan,(Sanford,near Midland) Thought to reply to you, Im in the works right now, just waiting to hear from the insurance company!Im very anxious;nothing like hurrying up and wait! Im excited for this! Ive got roughly 125lbs to lose and Im ready to get on the bandwagon myself!!! Please reply!!

Hollimarie

I'm waiting for the insurance company to respond too. Hope it will be soon. I've been going through th various motions since May. Hurry up and wait is right! Surgery will be done in Traverse City, hopefully sometime in February.

hi, everyone, I'm from Kalamazoo, Michigan. banded about 6 months ago. doing great except for some PBing.