Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Dogs dumped at my house...

MeganA

Dog threads get me every time! If the boxer adoption doesn't go through and you don't want to keep him, you might PM Christina (I'll Succeed), who had a beautiful boxer boy and may have some suggestions. If you change your mind about keeping the lab mix, please PM me to let me know what state you're in (geographical, not emotional!) and I'll send you the info for a local Labrador rescue contact. Most breed rescue groups keep the dogs in loving foster homes until they find their permanent guardians. You are a special person for saving these two big guys!

Wow they sure are some lookers arn't they! They're gorgeous - I think you should keep them - especially for the future boyfriend aspect - what a great way to meet men in the process too lol! Keep us updated and I thought there were 3 dogs? Am I just missing something? More pics please!

I've got a crazy week so I apologize to anyone who has PMed me that I have not gotten back to. I will, I promise!

Here is another photo for you guys of the dogs. I'll write more tomorrow when I'm at work and supposed to be working but I'm really playing on LBT.

post-203829-13813132928044_thumb.jpg

LOL I love those dogs. hehehe

Paula, did they check out as no one looking for them? I know I asked this before, but the reason I ask is this happened (my previous post) to my two dogs and thank god I found them. The police had them. I'll never forget the relief on my face and my dogs too, when I went to the back of the building and they were sitting in cages.

Okay, I have to share my puppy dog too. His birthday is sometime around now. We don't know what his birthday is because I found him in the wash in the town I work in while I was patroling.

Here is the story as I know of it: Someone dumped him off from the highway in the desert because the entire litter started being found within the next few days. He was the first, and only one, I actually came across. Other officers and citizens found the rest. Thank goodness I didn't have to find any of the ones that didn't make it or were caught by the coyotes. I saw the others though and they are definitely the same litter. A box with some blankets were found with one that didn't ever leave the box (and didn't make it unfortunately).

I found Bettis (named after Jerome Bettis, Pitts Steelers) wandering in the wash of the desert last May around dawn all by himself. I found him at around age 8 weeks old. When I walked up to him, he sat down in a perfect sit, raised his head, and seemed to smile sweetly while gently moving his tail in happiness. Although he was cold, hungry, dirty, and the sweetest damn puppy I had ever seen and had a great temperment. I had to go on a call before taking him to the pound so we got to spend some time together. He hooked me within 30 minutes and he was then mine (or I was his anyway). He has been an awesome addition to our family and has SO much personality.

Sooooooooo, we are now celebrating his FIRST birthday. We are guessing his litter birth was around the end of Feb or beg of March according to the vet and the rest of the litter. He is a German Shephard/Rottweiler mix breed.

post-204351-13813132958916_thumb.jpg

My Astro doggle got out side naked :omg: got picked up and taken to the pound. Mike called them, but they told him they only had a female lab, no males. I was pretty stressed because they lost my naked dog. (no colar or tags...)

Astro was so old that he couldn't lift his leg, so he went potty like a female, that's why they thought he was a female. Mike went down and checked out the "female" and low and behold! My doggles.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Oh they are just the cutest. They sure don't look like they have missed any meals..LOL I hate to think someone out there would just dump two beautiful dogs like that off but I also hope some poor family is not searching for their lost little family. But if you have checked the vets, pounds, police etc... and no one has claimed them then they sure are lucky to have found you. Thanks for the update on the great photos.

I'm thinking the same thing. I think they are escapees too. I sre hope no one is looking for them, that would be too sad. :-(

Vooey & Sissy will send some treats if you PM them your address. I hate humans that hate animals. I mean HATE... so if any of you that are my friends secretly hate animals, you better stop now and send Megan some dog food!

My pets are my babies, now that the babies are grown. My heart would break if anything happened to them. It is undeniably cruel to dump pets like that. I would rather see them dropped off at the animal shelter than to just dump them in someone's yard. I too would have taken them in. Someone knew you had a kind heart perhaps, but shame on them for doing this. You will be rewarded in heaven.

The best treat in the world is love.

That is so wonderful of you to take in these beautiful babies! More pics please :scared: (do you have another dog as well?)

I myself have 3 dogs and one cat....One is a pound pup...everyone else found us. Each of them is a welcome addition to our lives and family!

I love my fuzzle mutts :P