Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Dogs dumped at my house...

MeganA

God Bless you for being so sweet!! Here's a gold star for you...:D Those little lives needed you and they knew where they could find love. I hope you do find good homes for them or end up keeping them....either way, you did a good thing. We have had animals all my life and cannot imagine a home without a pet. Keep us posted.

Oh man Megan! I cannot believe people would just drop their dogs off like that!

I don't have any pets in SE ID because I life in student housing and its against the rules. But my DH did bring me a stuffed dog that he adopted for me.

*sniff sniff* if there was any way I'd take the lab mix right now, this very minute.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I have 4 dogs-none of which I brought to my house. They are all female and I had to have 3 of them spayed (The one that moved from the neighbor's house to my house on her own was already fixed! Thank God!). I just consider them little gifts from God. Each and every one of them has brought me such great joy. We obviously needed each other, even when I didn't think so!

You guys are so cute!

So...the vet was interesting. He used his scanner to check to see if the dogs had implanted chips but no luck. He did a urinalysis on the boxer and it came back with blood in it, so he took an Xray to see if he had kidney stones. That was negative so $155 later, we left with antibiotics for the boxer and a clean bill of health for the lab/mix.

They are such good dogs,andthe vet (who also happens to be the area pound) just can't believe someone would dump them, but he knows where I live and it just doesn't make sense. I've checked with all the local agencies agian and no one has heard anything. The vet thinks I should hold on to them for another week and then try to find homes. I'm afraid after another week I will fall more in love with them and not be able to give them up! I named the boxer tonight...Rocky is his name, after the only boxer I know of. I haven't named the girl yet but we had a talk and she's thinking of a new name for herself and I just have to figure it out.

I also learned today that Rocky is a total guy magnet. Men love him and want to pet him so I'm thinking that maybe he's my new dating tool.

Here they are!

post-203829-13813132926721_thumb.jpg

Be still my heart!! The boxer definitely looks like a Rocky. :boxing:And who could resist the those precious eyes they both have? My husband's motto is always, "I will save you" whenever we see a stray anywhere. We've brought a few home in our time.

I sure hope Rocky is OK and hope his symptoms go away.....$155 is nothing to sneeze at especially since it was an unexpected expense. I have paid more in vet bills than I have ever paid for my kids b/c they have insurance. Last year our lab had surgery to the tune of $1500 right b4 Christmas to fix a torn ACL. I had people ask me why we don't just put her down. I couldn't believe it. I would get a loan for her b4 I would put her to sleep. :biggrin1:

Thanks for the update and the pic. They are precious!!!

awwwww gawd, their soooooo cute!!

We live in an apartment and have 2 cats, but I told hubby the next place we buy is gonna be a house with a fenced in yard so I can get a doggie!

Here in Portugal there is not an oragnization like the Humane Society or any thing like that. They only have a pound of sorts and if they get an animal it stays 3 days and then they put it to sleep. I told my hubby if we ever win the lottery I'm buying a huge farm and starting my own Humane Society over here in Portugal.

There was recently an abandoned husky here on our street. He was sooooo pretty and playful and sweet, but he wandered into the elementry school nearby and they called the pound, so I'm sure he's gone by now. It makes me sad what people do to their animals. We need more people like you Megan around here!

Just a question, are you sure they were dumped? Could they have both gotten out of their yard and went running?

Have you checked with your local shelters and police to see if anyone reported them missing?

Megan you are so gonna fall more in love with those dogs they are beautiful. You will get that 155 dollars back 10x, you'll see. They are beautiful dogs and I know they are happy for such a warm and loving person like you to help them. I hope you find a good home for them it is evident that they belong together since they were together when you found them.( I am secretly hoping they Have found a home with you) You Rock girlfriend Big time!

P.S. the lab looks like she should be named Deja( DAYJAH). LOL I love that name.

PRECIOUS!!!! they are so cute. i have a little pup that was a stray, so far i have spent almost 1,200 getting her back to health ( she has some pretty serious issues) those to cuties look like they were house pets and obviously didnt miss to many meals!

thanks for all the compassion you are showing. i agree with dee, it will come back to you x10!

michelle

What sweeties they are!! I have never yet gone looking for a pet - they always find me... Maybe these two have found you.

I think people that mistreat pets should be hurt - severely. If you aren't going to love and care for an animal - you should never have it to begin with. Abusing pets ranks right up there with abusing children - as far as I am concerned.

I hope that, whether you keep them or not, you get all the good karma you deserve for rescuing them.

:]

You are such a sweetheart! I love boxers. My little boxer boy, Dave, is such a honey. However, he has very little fur and can't be outside for long in the winter. Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking that boxer and his retriever pal into your home. There is no way a boxer can stand to be out in the cold for long. Oh, the poor dogs.

I'm going to go hug my dog right now...maybe bake him some Cookies. Hey, maybe I'll make a double-batch of his favorite Cookies and send some to you for your houseguests. I'll PM you.

The mystery is driving me crazy! Aren't you dying to know their backgrounds?!??!?!? They are both adorable. I think the lab mix's name should have something to do with her white feet - like socks or boots or a shoe name like nike or something..............glad they checked out OK....keep us posted