Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were any of you moderate drinkers before banding and either 1) stopped drinking after lapband or 2) continue to drink after banding.

Yes and yes.

I was a moderate drinker and 2) I still am.

I drink a glass or 2 of wine a couple of nights a week. Sometimes (like tonight) I dilute it with soda Water. I don't drink as much as I did preband and when i do drink I have to be careful as I now get drunk a lot quicker.

I'm a moderate drinker, and I have not changed at all.

I treat it as if I would with any other diet....be aware of the calories you're consuming.

Yes! Before and after. I used to drink vodka with tonic Water but now it's vodka with water lime and a half packet sweet n low or vodka cranberry juice. I haven't tryed anything else yet.

Yes before and yes after. However, right now I'm focussed on getting my last 8 lbs off so I'm having a month alcohol free. I love my red wine ... Mmmmmm....

Lap band doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying yourself, just in smaller amounts

Yes and yes also! before banding it was all light beer all the time - i'd drink only one weekend night a week - and would drink 6-8 coors light or equivalent. Since starting the pre-op diet in June 2011 - no beer at all (no carbonation) BUT i still drink about 1x a week or 1x every 2 weeks - and it's a shot of vodka in a Water glass with ice and water filled to top and mix in 1/2 pack of crystal light. Yes, i'm drunker quicker - but it's likely because i weigh almost 90 pounds less than i used to plus it's liquor instead of beer.

I agree- alchohol in moderation is ok. Just be aware of the calories in the drinks and I know for me it can give me the munchies and with a buzz I'm more likely to cave to the cravings.

Moderate drinker before and after...

yes, drink before and after. Drink wine, vodka and rum. Just careful with what I mix with :)

Just curious.... What is the least caloric non carbonated alcoholic beverage? Anyone know?

(raises hand) I am a beer lover. I am aware of the calories. The carbonation sometimes gives me the hiccups.

I didn't drink much during the weight loss phase, and if I gain a tad it's a first like of defense for cutting out excess calories.

Yes, and yes. and to th OP asking about low Cal. I believe its red wine. One glass if shiraz (my fav!) Is 117 calories. Just remember that a true glass is not a full glass. Just fill your glass until it curves back inward, only about 4-6 Oz. I also drink vodka and lite cranberry but I haven't figured calories on that...

O I love love love beer too :) carbonation does not bother me, but the calories do :( I can drink beer all day but can only do a couple glasses of wine, so less calories is better for me now.

Vodka is 60 cal per shot, I believe. The lowest of hard liquor.

That's GREAT to , thank you! :-)