Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months Post Op No Weight Loss Why!!

I can hardly eat I can't eat usual foods as family no chips no pizza no bread nothing that bulky (GOOD) I'm better eating Soups but surely this can't go on, shouldn't I at least have lost something I've stayed the same since 23 Oct 2011 13st (I'm only 4ft 9") I've always been about 8 1/2 stone so to carry this extra weight around has played havoc on my joints I suffer from arthritis and have 2 total hip replacements, soooooooo can anyone enlighten me or reassure me it's gunna kick in soon coz I'm getting worried

I suggest that you evaluate what you are doing to help yourself loose the weight. I see that u have joint problems so that may restrict your exercise. And how much food intake and the kind is important to evaluate. have you been for a fill? Have you talked to a dietician? some people just loose slow. I know I do too.

I've had 2 fills. 3rd due on Feb 2nd 2012 I'm just feeling why is it me whose not losing like everyone else is coz I'm small or because I'm not 19st + I'm just discouraged

Oh thankyou for answering so quickly I just want to speak or know someone whose didn't lost anything in the begining but much late.......... to give me some encouragement :)

Is it possible you aren't eating enough? I know that seems like knock on wood, but some people do not lose weight as well on a severely restricted diet. Maybe bump up your calories a little and see if it helps?

Not only how much you eat but how often as well. Im 4-10 and unless i jump around a bit I have never lost, I am frozzen but not yet filled as banded Dec 22. Any chance getting to a indoor pool?

wish that i could help with your question - I am struggling too but in reality I have made some bad choices. Not a lot but obviously enough to put my WL on a hold. i know it is hard, talk to your dr. - journal your intake and take with you, this will help with knowing how he can help. - are you loosing inches? i know some say you loose inches when the scale doesn't move. I would think if you measure everything and keep track of our intake with a journal and liquid intake calories/proteins this will help a lot. also journal what kind of exercise you get in. i also have joint pain, bad knees, etc. - maybe if you can walk some it will help starting off. good luck ;)

In the beginning I was discouraged because I wasn't losing as fast as some of the others. I was down 13 pounds the first month whereas others were down 25 or more. Slowly but surely it has come off. I am 11 months out and down 79 pounds. I have surpassed my goal of 75 pounds for the first year. The key for me is weighing and measuring everything I eat and keeping track of it in my journal.

I had my procedure on Dec. 30th, I am still healing and had a hernia removed while I was getting the band. I have had no weight loss since surgery, but kept the 12 lbs off from the 2 week diet before surgery. I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but too scared to try breads. I try to make reasonable choices, two hours after I eat, I am hungry again. I am always hungry. I was under the impression I would not eat as much. My contact at the Dr. office said I may not have an adjustment until my first apt. in a couple of weeks since I had the hernia repair. Is this common? Could my band be open, therefore not giving me a full feeling? I am super nervous about getting my first fill in a couple of weeks, hope my sutures are all healed before then.

I also weigh and measure everything I eat. I eat Protein 1st, I try to try some new items so as not to get bored. some months the weight loss is small but I have lost many inches. I am happy with this.

I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain all the weight and all these inches overnight - I'm not going to lose them overnight either.

I try not to compare myself to others. If I know that I am doing what my doc and nutritionist has told me to do - trust that it will work. people lose at different rates of speed.

m doc told me this was not going to happen as fast as a bypass - I did not want that surgery. this is going to work, it is working and I feel success.

you have not told us what you eat and how you exercise. they definitely work together & they are not magically happening without daily work.

Getting active is the best way to kick start your weight loss. The good news is that the less active you are at the moment, the less activity you have to do to get results! I hope you can find some form of exercise that doesn't aggravate your joint issues but helps you on your way.

Ok, if you're only eating Soups that you're not getting full on what you're eating. Coz it slides through your band. Your band isn't even getting the chance to work.

It's one thing to not be able to eat pizza or bread or chips (you realise pizza and chips probably shouldn't be an 'everyday' food if you're trying to lose anyway right?), but quite another if you weren't able to eat fish or grilled chicken or soft cooked vegetables.

Because with the band, you could easily eat a whole block of chocolate and in one fell swoop take in your whole day's worth of calories. Slider foods will not help you lose weight. To feel 'full' you need to be eating a low fat, balanced diet of foods that are not too processed, an probably not more than a cup or 2 of it at the most, or a small plate's worth. And then if your band is working, it will keep you 'full' for 2 - 3 hours thereafter. If you can't eat fish or chicken or anything but Soups, you need to talk to your dr, not just eating slider foods.

I would suggest food journalling but I think it actually goes further back than that. You need to learn to eat right and work WITH your band, because right now you're working against it by the sounds of it.

Feel free to PM me if I'm out of line, but just from your OP, I got the impression you either don't understand how your band has changed the way you should eat, or you just don't know what you should be doing.

OMG!!! I thought "O" I'll just weigh myself even though I know in my heart I hadn't lost anything..........I had to look 3 times honestly it says.....7lb lighter thats 1/2 stone off..........12st 7lb I don't get it..........I bet tomorrow I'll be 13st again I'll let ya know whats what tomorrow fingers crossed It's the start of my weigth loss & then I can finally start calling my band my best friend tar tar