Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery jan. 3rd.Hey banders I am a sandwich and low carb wrap person. I jus wanna know will I ever b able to eat them again. I know not in a large sandwich or wrap, I still wud like to eat one every now and them

Everyone is different.

I can still eat a sandwich - sometimes. I always eat wholemeal, grainy bread and find it easier to eat if the sandwich is toasted. Most of the time I can only manage half a sandwich. Or I might do an open sandwich. 2 slices of bread is generally way too hard for me.

Wraps are easier but again I would normally only be able to eat half a wrap.

As for something like a Subway sub - I wouldn't even dare to try.

I don't usually have problems with them, I was banded in October. I can eat bread as long as there's something on it, like a sandwich, pizza, english muffin with pb, etc. I took one bite of an Olive Garden breadstick and was instantly stuck a couple of weeks ago. This week I had a kids size sub from Subway and no problems. The only time I really have problems if I try to just eat carbs plain...like the breadstick, french fries, bagel, etc. I have been a carb addict my entire life, but since having the band I don't crave them anymore. Oh...and I get stuck on baked potatoes every time no matter how small of bite I take but I can eat mashed no problem. It's weird and such a learning game. Something will be fine one day and the next it gives me problems. Good luck to you!

Foods I eat with my hands are always riskier than knife and fork. Like elcee, I do a half of a sandwich. A whole sandwich is not possible. Toasted bread is better than soft.

Wraps are a better selection for me than breads, but some bandsters have trouble with tortillas. For me, they are a slider food.

When I eat with my hands, I need to be very careful to take small bites, chew well, and wait between bites.

I can eat bread. Keeping in mind I really really like bread I don't keep it in my house. Too much of a temptation. If I do eat bread I want it to be worth my while and choose really fancy types. I don't feel I would be able to really enjoy the bread as much as I would like if I included meat and cheese with it.

I can not eat one slice of bread nor a tortilla, and my doctor advises against them. I have tried, but they stick every time. UGH. I was banded in oct and have had 2 fills.

Foods I eat with my hands are always riskier than knife and fork. Like elcee, I do a half of a sandwich. A whole sandwich is not possible. Toasted bread is better than soft.

Wraps are a better selection for me than breads, but some bandsters have trouble with tortillas. For me, they are a slider food.

When I eat with my hands, I need to be very careful to take small bites, chew well, and wait between bites.

Same here- especally anything like sushi that tends to fall apart because you shove it in quickly to avoid a lap full of rice.

I can eat a sandwich, and at times a whole one, but ive never liked sandwiches, too many years of school lunches, i guess. Wraps are much harder, the dense chewy texture does me in.

I can't do bread at all - sandwiches are guaranteed to get stuck as is toast. This morning I spotted the English muffins in the freezer and thought, yummy, I'll toast one of those. Well, I did and I ate it and I paid for it. I just have to accept that bread is no longer on my menu! But it is a very small price to pay for the rewards I am gaining.

Same here- especally anything like sushi that tends to fall apart because you shove it in quickly to avoid a lap full of rice.

I can eat a sandwich, and at times a whole one, but ive never liked sandwiches, too many years of school lunches, i guess. Wraps are much harder, the dense chewy texture does me in.

Oh I love sushi! But it is REALLY hit and miss. I've been known to deconstruct it, but it just doesn't taste the same. However, a Dragon Roll doesn't taste as good coming up as it does going down. I do better with the nigiri sushi or sashimi. Rolls are my favorite though. sad.png

Honestly, I was banded September 7, 2011 and I have not had a problem eating a single thing yet (knock on wood) lol. That doesnt mean I go crazy and eat whatever I want, but I do allow myself to eat subway a couple times a week because, like you, I love sandwhiches and wraps :) Good luck with everything!

I had surgery jan. 3rd.Hey banders I am a sandwich and low carb wrap person. I jus wanna know will I ever b able to eat them again. I know not in a large sandwich or wrap, I still wud like to eat one every now and them

As of right now I can sill do sandwich bread and wraps, I've had one fill.the only issues I've had is with biscuits or dinner rolls probably due to their consistency.

I have been craving turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. Man I hope I can eat bread when I get to the solid stage. U guys are making me hungry lol

Bluetatoo I really feel u on that one I hope I can hold it down too. a turkey sandwich wit lett, tom, mayo and a pickle sounds so gud.

Bluetatoo I really feel u on that one I hope I can hold it down too. a turkey sandwich wit lett, tom, mayo and a pickle sounds so gud.

Oh, yeah, since my last fill....pickles are a problem...go figure :-/