Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYMIE!!!!

I met my goal!!

Everyone set a goal for my birthday- by July 4 my goal is to have lost 60 lbs!

Hey Gals, first I must say happy birthday Kymie. Don't worry about the 5lbs, 10 is better then nothing. We have JDI's birthday in July. Love the realistic goals we're shooting for. Keeps us in check and a healthy competition with ourselves.

JDI, Kudo's on your goal and thanks for the info on the bra inserts. I never heard of them. I actually went to Lane Bryant yesterday and didn't cut up my card. Realize I love their Cacique bras so I'm going to keep it for those and those alone. I'm a 40B, went from a 42C. I found some nice ones, actually bought 6 in 3 colors! #1 I do this probably every 4-5 years as they last forever. #2 I got my $75.00 coupon off in the mail and #3 buy one, get the 2nd one half off. Great deal for the quality of their bras and they fit the "girl's", both of them!

Yesterday, I went for my 3rd fill but really 2nd, since the 2nd fill of 1cc 6 weeks ago had to be removed. So, 4mths out, I'm probably the only one on a 2nd fill, but that's ok, I'm losing. He put in .6 cc {standard size 10 band} this time to see how things go so I have approx 3cc's altogether. So far so good. I need to mentally get back into working out 3-4 times a week. Since the weather has become nice out, I've been working alot in the yard so I've been using that as exercise but I still think I need to step it up and get back in the gym, treadmill, and my "personal trainer" Leslie Sansone. :-) We bought a house 4 yrs ago with a game room and pool table they didn't want. We don't use it and we finally found someone who wants it for free but needs to have some one come in and professionaly disassemble it. My husband has a rower, elliptical and an entire weight bench workout station in storage that we're going to put in there. I can't wait because I need to work with the weights as well as doing cardio. I've been doing push ups standing up on an agle on the pool table and kitchen counter. {do these in between 2 minute commercials} which has really improved my shoulders, back and arms. One of these days, I would like to do "man" pushups as my knees can't do "girl" push ups but I'm seeing an improvement this way for the most part.

Chrissy, your DH is a smart man. Thinking about what he said re: your co-workers and lunch time, I think he's right. Sometimes we have to take a step back and look at things people do and say to us in a positive way. I have to say, for the most part, people have been very happy for me, albeit, I'm in between jobs right now so I'm not working closely with people on an everyday basis but I'm sure there are those who think I took the easy way out, {I know 3} and that's ok with me. They're entited to their opinion. I'll never allow them to wipe the smile off of my face feeling and looking so much better then I did before surgery. :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYMIE!!!!!!! I am short on my dial, wanted to be at 218, but I am at 221 today. CLOSE ENOUGH!!! The old .me would have gained weight. I see here that some of us made our goals, and some of us came up a little short....but you know what? We are awesome. We stuck together and worked for our results. How much in total did we lose this month, I wonder? What I love about our challenges is, although we may not make it every month, I know for me, its something I always have in mind. I am always thinking, if I do this, will that get me closer to my goal? If not, then I TRY to not do it! Why I couldn't do this on my.own is beyond me...but what I do know is, with our bands, ans each other, we can do anything!!!! So happy I have you ladies to keep me going! I'm excited to start a new goal, July 4 I want to have lost 50 lbs...which means I have to loose 9 lbs by then...I can do it! I will look so fab by the 4th!! It will be the first one in years where I will be smaller, instead of bigger! OH HAPPY DAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYMIE!!!!!!! I am short on my dial, wanted to be at 218, but I am at 221 today. CLOSE ENOUGH!!! The old .me would have gained weight. I see here that some of us made our goals, and some of us came up a little short....but you know what? We are awesome. We stuck together and worked for our results. How much in total did we lose this month, I wonder? What I love about our challenges is, although we may not make it every month, I know for me, its something I always have in mind. I am always thinking, if I do this, will that get me closer to my goal? If not, then I TRY to not do it! Why I couldn't do this on my.own is beyond me...but what I do know is, with our bands, ans each other, we can do anything!!!! So happy I have you ladies to keep me going! I'm excited to start a new goal, July 4 I want to have lost 50 lbs...which means I have to loose 9 lbs by then...I can do it! I will look so fab by the 4th!! It will be the first one in years where I will be smaller, instead of bigger! OH HAPPY DAY!

Hey Horsegirl :)

I weighed in at 221 today also! You have lost much more weight than I have though and I am so proud of you. Perhaps we can move forward from this point and keep each other on track. I have been such a slow loser up until now, however, I did have some bad news / good news to share.... Memorial Day weekend consisted of 3 parties, one at my house, tons of awesome food, and I gained 3 lbs. by Tuesday morning. Today, Friday, I had lost ALL 3 lbs. in

..... continuation

Today, Friday, I had lost ALL 3 lbs. in 3 days. I couldn't believe it. I also feel like I finally have "some" restriction and am feeling "satisfied" on less food, which is awesome. Excuse me, I meant to sing that... "AWESOME"!!!So, even though it's a net-net, I was thrilled to see the scale show 3 lbs. down.

By the way, my birthday is July 26th. I'm thinking group goal time for everyone's birthday's. :rolleyes:

So tomorrows the big goal day. I know I lost 10 but the additional 5 I'm not sure. Will weigh in tomorrow morning and see if I reached my 15 pounds in 5 weeks birthday goal. Good luck everyone.

Happy Birthday Kymie!!! :P

Happy Birthday Kymie!

I am in for the July challenge. This will be the first one I have participated in. My weight loss has been slow, so I am going to set a realistic goal of 5lbs.

I have been doing good since my last fill/unfill. I have a total of 7.3cc in my band (I think). I am starting to feel the restriction and am noticing more problems with eating in the morning and bread. I definately need to chew more and take it slower than I have had to in the past.

hi everyone! sorry I'm checking in so late...I've been having trouble logging on to LBT...anyone else have issues? HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYMIE!! Well, I came up short on my goal too...missed by 3 lbs by my doctor's scales. Yes, I went by my doctor's office this morning just to weigh on their scales because they weigh me less than mine at home do. And I figure since that's the scale for the "official" records, they would be best to use. So, even though I missed my "Onderland" goal...This morning I hit 60 LBS lost!!!

Meredith...you are right. I've let the whole office incident go and am moving on. Everyone was so excited for me this morning with the 60lb news. :) And I agree with you...even if we might have come short on our goals...we still did some amazing work! You all rock!

My JDI/July 4th goal is to a)maintain the 60lb loss for a couple of days (not go back up tomorrow...LOL); B) get to Onederland; c) try to get to 75lbs.

You all are wonderful and I'm so glad this forum is here for us to "band" together. :) (pun intended)

Chrissy,

Congrats on your loss, that's awesome! I love your comment hoping to maintain your weight. :-) When I did hit 199 I took a picture of it on the scale thinking it would be just for that day and I would go up but I didn't. I guess it's our nature to think this way. Even if it's a lb, we need to realize it's usually Water weight so I don't get upset.

I agree with Chrissy, we have an awesome group!!! Wonder if the other's are as supportive to one anothe as ours are?

I went for my fill the other night and as I was leaving a young man came up to me asking me if I was happy with my decision on having the surgery. He was about 20 or so, large frame, and a good 350 I would say. He was so sweet. He's going for the sleeve next Friday and was scared if it hurt, etc etc. I told him it was the best thing I've ever done weight wise and also told him how he had to work with it, etc etc etc. I told him it was important to have wonderful support in his life,as well getting on here and read all he could to become more knowledgeable about this as I found it to be the holy grail of all websites! I suggested he hook up with his June Bandsters as well. After that, he seemed so releived. It was just nice to be able to pay it forward. I'm sure I'll meet up with him during post op visits. Can't wait to see how he does. :-)

Hi, I am Becky, I was banded on January 19, 2012.

SLOW but sure it is working. Went out to dinner with family and I still find it hard to find something on menu I feel safe eating in public. I do not want to get sick or stuck in public. So by the time i deside their food is there. LOL... Oh well They just laugh with me and not at me......

Meredith...that is such an awesome testimony! Ive had a couple of my friends ask me about the surgery and I've told them I would do it again in a heartbeat! I don't know if any of them have gone to a seminar or anything yet...but at least they've asked...which means they are thinking about doing something to get healthy. So a seed is planted and I pray the Lord shows them the best way for them.

Hi Becky! welcome! I see "hale" in your in your ID. My maiden name is Hale. :)

Otaknam...I know what you mean. Decisions, decisions. Fortunately, we don't go out to eat too much. In fact, our brother-in-law gave us a Chili's gift card for Christmas. We still haven't used it yet! LOL. I don't know what I would eat anyway...some kind of chicken I suppose. LOL.

So...as you know, I posted that I weighed in at my doctor's office Friday morning...I like their scales better. Well...this morning...my scales showed 60 lbs gone as well! yay!!

Meredith...that is such an awesome testimony! Ive had a couple of my friends ask me about the surgery and I've told them I would do it again in a heartbeat! I don't know if any of them have gone to a seminar or anything yet...but at least they've asked...which means they are thinking about doing something to get healthy. So a seed is planted and I pray the Lord shows them the best way for them.

Hi Becky! welcome! I see "hale" in your in your ID. My maiden name is Hale. :)

Otaknam...I know what you mean. Decisions, decisions. Fortunately, we don't go out to eat too much. In fact, our brother-in-law gave us a Chili's gift card for Christmas. We still haven't used it yet! LOL. I don't know what I would eat anyway...some kind of chicken I suppose. LOL.

So...as you know, I posted that I weighed in at my doctor's office Friday morning...I like their scales better. Well...this morning...my scales showed 60 lbs gone as well! yay!!

Hi ChrissyLu,

Yes, I am a 'Hale of a girl', LOL. My husband is orignially from TN, but I got him to cross the river into Arkansas.

Thanks for the 'welcome.'

Becky

Hi everyone! Becky- welcome!

Chrissy- awesome that your home scale says 60 lbs lost!!!

Otaknam, I still don't have any problems yet eating whatever. I read someone else's comments about eating out- that they choose what won't get stuck, not what is "diet friendly" because they know they won't eat enough of it to matter, and they don't want to get stuck, LOL

Meredith- I am glad we have such a supportive place! I know I really appreciate everyone's successes and struggles- only my immediate family and DH know I've been banded, no one at work or other friends. So I count on all y'all! That was really nice of you to recommend the forum to that guy, it is nice to pay it forward!

As for me, good weekend, some awesome zumba on Saturday, followed by a visit to the library. I painted a TON of trim on Saturday and Sunday. DD's high school graduation is this coming Saturday, so I want the house clean- I'll be seeing my ex-husband in a couple days- haven't seen him in years! Also, get another fill tomorrow, hopefully I'll be more in my sweet spot. I think I"m close. Also, I saw 229.5 on the scale this morning- hopefully I'll be entering my next decade!

Everyone have a fabulous day!!

Becky...it's a small world. What part of Tennessee is your DH from? My dad's family is mainly from Corinth, MS but he lived in Ripley, Savannah, Decatur. I think I've got family all over West Tennessee and Northern MS. LOL.

JDI...yes...I never thought I would be excited to see "202" on the scale. LOL! working on those last three or four pounds to get me to Onederland! I will have a challenge this weekend though. Its my son's 12th birthday on Sunday so there will be cake. I know I won't be able to resist having just a little bite at least. I do love a good buttercream frosting. But...I will work it into my allowances for the day and be okay!

Here's to another great week!!