Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

ChrissyLu, hope your weekend activities went well, now you can relax!!

Meredith, thanks for that website, I have added it to my favorites!...I am already in love with a few suits...the Carnival 1 piece is beautiful! Love the facts that the suits have underwire--an absolute MUST! I love lane bryant bras, in my opinion, they are made waaay better and wear waaay better than victorias secret, and i dont have to worry about a wardrobe malfunction! LOL!

LadyBandito, glad you decided to join us! I always follow along by email notifications, but am at work all day and sometimes at night too--working 2 jobs sucks--so i dont always have a chance to reply, but i do look forward to the posts from everyone! We are a great group! I agree, a suntan can make anyone look better!

I have been doing much better with hunger lately. In the morning I have an iced coffee, then for lunch at work I have been having a lean cuisine or smart one. The amount of food never satisfied me, but it does now! How wonderful! At night, it depends when I am doing...I usually cook some type of lean Protein, potato, and veggie. Sometimes a salad and homemade Soup. If I am working at the family restaurant, I will have something there...the food is sooooo good, my dad is an amazing chef :)

I am also obsessed with drinking green smoothies. I was afraid of them at first, but they are amazing--here's how I make it--6 oz coconut almond milk (made by blue diamond), 6 oz plain fat free greek yogurt, 1 banana, 3/4 cup fresh pineapple (I get the precut, pre-cored kind in the produce section, cause I make the smoothie a few times a week and I hate cutting up pineapple!), 2 T shredded coconut, 1-2 servings lite tofu, 1 cup or more baby spinach....blend, add ice, blend again...OMG soooo creamy soooooo delish! I got the recipe from skinnytaste.com, a great website!

So I don't know if I have officially had a pb experience, but this past week is the closest I have come to it. Sunday I was eating PB cheerios (oh, the irony)...got stuck-ish for a while. I felt the pressure, the pain, the panic. Then I noticed I had some extra saliva. Ew. Went for about 30 mins that way, didn't know if I was truly stuck, because I could feel little, tiny bubbles gurgle up every once in a while, but never any relief. Finally, I had to go to the sink and make myself gag. Not fun. Then, a few burps into it, and a noticeably bigger BURP! Then, liquid cheerios emerged. Instant relief. The same thing happened on Thursday night while waitressing at work. Sorry if that was TMI, but had to share! LOL!

Congrats to you Chrissy for enduring the weekend marathons. Now, take a hot bath, relax, and enjoy your evening and day off tomorrow. You deserved. And Kudo's on the weight loss.

Elizabeth: Congrats to you. Sounds like you had a "stuck" and PB. I've had a few of them lately. Not fun at all. Didn't chew well enough and wrong choice of food for me. Glad you like the website. Funny you mention, LB Cacique bra's. I LOVE them and swear by them for support and look in tops. This will be one thing I'll miss from LB when I no longer require their services.

I had my 2nd fill Thursday night and having difficulty eating this whole weekend. All he gave me was 1cc but I'm just having such discomfort and not able to even drink Water without gurgling noices, and discomfort. I'm just hoping it's temporary but if it's still like this tomorrow, I think I'll have to call the Dr and go in to see him.

Good job Ladybandito! Keep it up! JDI...thanks! Yes...It feels great to be active...now for some rest. LOL. Thanks horsegirl! and I agree with Meredith. Sounds like a full on stuck episode. Take it slow and make sure your bites are small. that's where I get into trouble. My doctor and the NP both said my bites should be no larger than my pinky finger. ugh...so hard to get used to. Thanks Meredith! Busy weekend but gald to have some rest time tomorrow...after I go to the gym. LOL. And I would at least talk to the doctor or nurse and see if what you're experiencing is normal. We can't be too careful, you know? I pray its nothing major. Keep it up ladies! We're doing great!!

Meredith, one thing I am hoping for, is that I might stay on the bottom end of the sizing on the LB cacique bras...haven't found any better

Good job Ladybandito! Keep it up! JDI...thanks! Yes...It feels great to be active...now for some rest. LOL. Thanks horsegirl! and I agree with Meredith. Sounds like a full on stuck episode. Take it slow and make sure your bites are small. that's where I get into trouble. My doctor and the NP both said my bites should be no larger than my pinky finger. ugh...so hard to get used to. Thanks Meredith! Busy weekend but gald to have some rest time tomorrow...after I go to the gym. LOL. And I would at least talk to the doctor or nurse and see if what you're experiencing is normal. We can't be too careful, you know? I pray its nothing major. Keep it up ladies! We're doing great!!

I'm thinking so too, full on stuck-ness. the only thing that had me doubting it was, the resulting pb was liquid? But both instances were not really something that is a solid mass, per se, like meat or chicken...not like I hacked up a chunk of something. Oh well. I got chinese on friday night, beef and broccoli with 1/2 cup white rice...for some reason my band did not agree with it. I can eat rice, I can eat beef, and I can eat broccoli. But not together, apparently!

One thing I have noticed, I am always tight for my first meal of the day, no matter that time it is. I know most people are tight in the am, and usually have a shake bc of that, or hot tea to loosen things up...but for me, its whenever I eat for the first time. Weird. But cool, because I usually am not hungry until about 2 pm. I do think I need a little more restriction as far as the amount I am able to eat, but like I said I have had a few pbs since my last fill, and the tightness in the first half of the day, so I think more fill may push me into the territory of adapting to slider foods, which I don't want to do!

Not to have 3 posts in a row, but I just noticed, ChrissyLu, we had the same starting weight! :D

Hello Everyone!! Thought I'd stop in for a quick update. I have been doing pretty good about my eating, I get a little needy for something sweet at night, but will either have a Healthy Choice 100 cal fudge bar or 60 cal pudding. My 3 fill did nothing for me. I am at 2.5cc in a 10 cc band, they are conservative and only put in .5cc every 4 wks. I can still eat anything, but do fill full for about 2-3 hrs. Willpower is still in full force!! I have only been exercising 4 times a week, but the days I do workout I am extremely sore the next day so I must be getting a good workout in. Family life still sucks, I am just working hard at keeping myself busy and remind myself it is my turn to take care of me!!!

Erica and Bandito- I totally feel the stuck on a weight! I have been up and down 3lbs for 2 weeks, but I hope I can get over the hump like you did!

JustDoIt- how exciting to be wearing smaller sizes. How low in sizes does you stash of clothes go? I gave up 2 yrs ago and just donated everything, so I have plenty to donate, but nothing to wear. The Goodwill and Consignment stores have been my friend!!

Congrats Meredith on the 2lbs!! Hopefully I will be right there behind you!!

Chrissy I am so impressed. I actually do not like to run I even have a new Nike shirt that says "Running Sucks!" But now that I am lighter I might actually like it! I will have to go to the track and give it a try.

Apple, Pear??? I have no idea what I am, I am not an apple or a pear. yes my boobs have shrunk and my mid section have shrunk, and my tush, but my hips are all still there. Does that make me a pear?

So I have heard great stuff about spin classes, I would love to try it, but due to an arm injury I can't, I highly recommend you give it a try!! As for the calories and exercise I have a hard time calculating all of that. I am trying to base it on my heart rate instead, by heart rate monitor calculates it for me, but I think it is on the low side.

So wish me luck I am trying a Jazzercise class this week. I totally understand doing all of your exercising at home, I am like that too and it is part of why I got a personal trainer in a really small gym, no one would see me. I started circuit classes and every one is so busy with their circuit they don't have time to look at me. I will see if that is the same at Jazzercise!

I am so excited for all of us! I hope this is the week I get below 220 and stay there! fingers crossed!!

Congrats to everyone with all your accomplishments this weekend.. running, smaller sizes, reaching and passing goals, breaking plateau's... this is a great group.

This morning I decided to try on my family birthstone ring (a Christmas gift 3 yrs ago) that I was never able to wear because it was too tight. I'm wearing it today and it actually have room to spin on my finger..Yay for the NSV.

Hi everyone! I just had my 3rd fill of 1 cc, which puts me to 8 cc's in a 14 cc band. I hope this puts me at some restriction. The Water went down just fine in the office. Luckily I remembered to bring Soup for lunch!! This past Saturday I ate a whole grilled chicken sandwich- bun and all- just to see if I could, and I had no issues at all. I was still within my calorie range, etc, I just wanted to test the band with bread, regular bites, etc- and I could totally eat it "normally." I do think I feel ~some~ restriction, like I 'm not nearly as hungry as often as I used to be, but I can't wait to be in the actual green zone!!

Horsegirl, I too love the LB bras. I'm sure I can find something else I really like, though, as I'm sure they won't fit me anymore when I'm a size 8, LOL. Just do take smaller bites and see if that helps. I know that's going to be a huge challenge for me- I'm already really practicing not drinking while eating or for 15 or so minutes after, which is huge for me. Back in the day I'd drink 3-4 diet cokes with my dinner at a restaurant, or a big glass of Water at home.

NJ2NC- yay for you on the ring! I too have some really pretty rings I want to wear again! And some necklaces too, when my neck isn't fat anymore!! Good for you!

Nicole- I too am a sweets to end the day kind of girl. It used to be a HUGE bowl of eci maerc, but now I freeze 2 pudding cups. Super yummy and cures the craving. I also bought the Fiber One brownies someone mentioned, haven't tried one yet, but they're there for me just in case, LOL. I'll be you love Jazzercise- I know when I do a class like that, I know no one is looking at me as they're all worried about themselves, LOL. I have clothes in my closet from 26 to 18- but unfortunately not too many of the smaller clothes are good work type of clothes- those run out at size 22. So I'll be doing the consignment/Good Will thing too!

Good luck to all of us today!!!!

Oh, I forgot to post- I think that after I lose about 40 more pounds and am under 200, I am going to start looking into becoming a zumba instructor! Or, rather, I'll figure out how to do it now, but start when I'm a little less fluffy, LOL.

0.9 fill today. 8.6 in a 14 band. I think I'm there now, swallowing liquids is interesting.

I have been in agony since my fill last Wednesday. I had 1.5cc out in bribing the total to 6.5cc. The first day was ok, but I had a lot of problems just getting Tomato Soup down. It has progressively gotten worse. I can drink about 3 spoons of broth andthen I am in pain like it is stuck. I was out of town sat-today. I was too afraid to go to the ER. I have dropped 6lbs in 5 days because I can't eat or keep anything down. The earliest I can get in for an unfill is Wednesday. I hope I can make it till then.

I have been in agony since my fill last Wednesday. I had 1.5cc out in bribing the total to 6.5cc. The first day was ok, but I had a lot of problems just getting Tomato Soup down. It has progressively gotten worse. I can drink about 3 spoons of broth andthen I am in pain like it is stuck. I was out of town sat-today. I was too afraid to go to the ER. I have dropped 6lbs in 5 days because I can't eat or keep anything down. The earliest I can get in for an unfill is Wednesday. I hope I can make it till then.

N2Animals, I am going through the same thing with a very bad episode a few hrs ago. Mysecond fill was Thursday night and I thought I just needed some time. I only had 1cc put into my band, total 3.5cc. I could hardly drink Water let alone food of any texture. I was giving it one more day today, {I know, how stupid} and decided to have a Carr's cracker. I just felt like a carb to chew and chew and chew. NOT a good idea. Threw out the box as I will never eat one of my favorite cracker's again! Like HorseGirl described her bad episode over the weekend, it was that, plus more. It was too late to call the office so I'll be calling first thing tomorrow morning. Finally, feeling better but damn hungry. I just tried a spoonful of FF Hormel Turkey chili and it went down but I decided to just not eat anymore. I too have lost a few pounds but don't care to lose it this way. N2, hope you're feeling better and get relief soon.

N2animals, can't u call your doctor and tell them its an emergency??? You sound miserable! My doc always says to call right away if I have issues- if u don't go til Wednesday that will be a week!!! Call them!!

Kymie, we have the same size band. My fill took me to 8 cc. I don't feel any change yet, maybe tomorrow. Can u describe what it feels like so I have an idea?

On liquids today, I hope lipton noodle Soup counts as a liquid!!

Oh Meredith, we cross posted. Those are my fave crackers too! I hope you're all right too!!