Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

My doc says 70-80 Protein still and shakes are fine to take. Perhaps it's your low protein level?

I think I just figured out insurance paid all of surgery costs! So confusing between NRA and deductible and billed amt vs patient responsibility but omg if it's all paid for I am one happy lady!!!!!

Otaknam, I too heard at least 60 g Protein, preferably 80, and 1 shake a day okay. I do mine in the morning on the way in to work, easy to drink on the way in. It will come!! You're doing it, it will come.

Kymie, yay on it bring paid for!!! Nice!!!

I sometimes feel this is the justdoit thread! But I want you all to know how much your support means to me.

OTAKEM- How many calories are you eating?

Just do it- I might not post a lot but I read everyone. I appreciate you posting!

As for me, I am healing pretty well from my port revision. Mostly off my pain meds. I took one today because I took the kids to the zoo and I was hurting afterwards. I forgot to take my nausea medicine and then threw up an hour later. Stupid pain meds, I always have to take nausea medicine, it makes me so sick without it. I wish I was back on track, I can't even exercise for another week and half! I am not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds for another week also, so much for my 26 pound two year olds. Oh and on top of that, I have been stuck a pound up for a week since surgery. Oh well, enough venting for me. :)

How is everyone else doing?

Erica, wishing you a speedy recovery. You'll be back to feeling good in no time.

Erica, what a bummer, but well on the way again. It is hard to not lift, isn't it. Don't forget your pain meds!!! And that silly pound you are up is just surgery bloating.

Everyone have a great day- dd's birthday party is today, followed by a family

Oops, sent too soon, dang phone! Followed by a family dinner at a great restaurant. No potential pitfalls today, LOL. Wish me luck!!!

Hello;

Just want you all to know I too was banded i January, of 2011! Exactly one year prior.

So I have been following this group with a little interest, guaging your progress as mine has for the past year.

For myself, I reached my personal goal in about 12-1/2 months. And I am still loosing, although very slowly now. But that's to be expected.

So, if any one has any questions, feel free to ask away!

Good luck!

Hey everyone! I had my band placed on January 11th. Lately my port has been sore. If I rub my stomach up against something or if I even lay on my stomach it's uncomfortable. Has anyone had anything similar happen? Its not unbearable or anything... Just uncomfortable and sore. Just wondering if maybe my body is still healing/ getting used to it.

Thanks!

Kathleen

Meredith - thanks!

Justdoit- have fun with dh birthday. Good luck making lap band friendly choices! Let us know how it goes.

B-52- congrats on reaching your goal in a year, that's awesome! How much did you have to lose for goal?

As for me, that pesky pound is gone along with another:). Now I am down 38 pounds, hopefully back om track now!

Kathleen- we must have been posting at the same time. I don't know about the port hurting again. I was still a little sore every now and then before my second port surgery, but nothing terrible. If it really starts hurting you, or if start running a fever, I would call your surgeon. I hope it feels better soon.

I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Protein-my doctor gave me a way of calculating ur amount of Protein a day take ur weight and multiply it by .3. That will tell you how much you need daily. She recommended adjusting it each month based on weight

hair loss- I have not had this problem. What has your doctor said? Hopefully it will grow back healthier than before!!!

Erica- I am so glad to hear ur port surgery went well. Remember how we all lost a lot right after surgery? Well that will probably happen once the swelling goes down & you will be ahead of all of us!!

B52- congrats!! I figured about a year to loose 100lbs. I hope to follow in your foot steps. What was the thing you did that made you so successful?

Me?? I can't wait to get my next fill. I am feeling more hungry & able to eat more before filling full.

Oops I almost forgot!!

Went into Dollar Tree & cashier offered daily special of a dozen mini candy bars for $1. I didn't even think about it & said no. On the way home I realized before the surgery I would have bought one for the family and one for me and eaten mine before getting home & hid the trash like I hadn't had any yet. Boy have things changed!!!! I love the new me!!

I have collar bones!

Struggling a bit since my last fill. My first fill was 2cc. My second fill was 1cc. Im not sure if it was too much? Im not hungry, but eating is uncomfortable at times. However, i have felt a little lax with myself as well. So im not sure if its the timing of my fill or the fill itself. I had my 1st throwing up episode , thank God we were at home. I think i need to listen to when im full. I definitely have a fatgirl sitting on my shoulder going, " come on, take another bite!"..............ill let you know what this week brings.