Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I Guess I Failed Already ......

I was allowed to suck on hard candies, I chose sugar free lollipops. They help, too! I don't know your history, but this is kind of the reason that I feel the 6 month dieting helps beforehand. Your stomach has already shrunk somewhat, so you are not quite starving. And when you start eating, you are sued to the smaller plates, and portions. But, good luck, I hope that you survive this "bandster hell".. Karen

I was banded Nov 22, and I am exactly like you. I couldn't get over being full on a cup of yogurt now I am HUNGRY, and I have been making some pretty poor choices. I was hoping to be one of those people who never need a fill. WRONG...I need to make that next step, it's been 5 weeks time for phase 2. I know once I have a fill I will once again be satisfied on a cup of food. You have to think how swollen everything was right after surgery, now after a few weeks of healing the swelling has gone down so the restriction is much less, therefore it's time to get a fill. I know I'm not horking out but I'm not always following the rules, add holidays in there with tons of crap laying around what's an addict to do?! Don't beat yourself up, this is a journey not a race. It's a small phase of your trip and the beginning is rough. Hang in there and just know this is common from what I've seen. Listen to B-52 I totally agree and it's posts like his that make me realize this is temporary, so be kind to yourself, you are not failing, try and imagine yourself this time next year we are going to be amazing!!

Thanks for the feed back every one ... It really does help .

I know the first 4-6 weeks is all about healing . But the first 3 weeks I was not hungry at all .. I thought ,WOW I love this LB. Then I feel like I'm right back to how things were before surgery . So I got a little discouraged .

Im so damn impatient lol ugh ..

Ok .. In the voice of George Lopez.......I GOT THIS !!!!! Lol

Oxoxo thank you all

That was probably because of inflammation mimicking restriction, giving you a taste of what is to come. Now that the swelling has gone down, you are returning to normal.

Trust me....it gets even better!

I was banded 12/7 and am in the same boat. I just got hungry again and went a little "off the wagon" for a day or so. I'm back to eating better but I am HUNGRY, too!! I get my 1st fill on 1/3 and it cannot come soon enough! I know I am still in the "healing" stage, but I loved loved loved how much restriction I had right after surgery - that swelling was doing me some good lol. I hope to get a good fill and have adequate restriction. I think this is a pretty normal thing we're going through - sometimes referred to as Bandster Hell on some of the boards/forums. Good luck, keep going in the right direction - we will get through this and come out successful on the other side :)

sometimes it takes more than one fill too, don't get your hopes up too high for the first fill. For some that is all it takes but for others (yours truely) it takes more. I am getting my third on 1/11.

sometimes it takes more than one fill too, don't get your hopes up too high for the first fill. For some that is all it takes but for others (yours truely) it takes more. I am getting my third on 1/11.

Very True! Between my first and 2nd fill, of which I got 4 cc's, I GAINED weight because also, at that point, I was allowed to eat just about anything I wanted, or whatever I chose would be a more correct phrase.

Things really did not start to happen until after my 2nd fill, then after my 3rd (and last) WOW!

I try not to get to much of a fixation on the food I've been trying to just keep busy and right now post everything I eat in fit life app. I am paying more attention to nutrition area to see where I can better adjust it for later. When I move to purred and reg. Food. I lost 12 lbs since band Dec. 22 but I'm not expecting that to cont. We all knw we loose a lot in beginning of diets and this is only different if you change your habits long term. We can change we have a great tool. I too feel hungery hope our first feel. Feels us up!

This is a hard time until you get restriction. Took me 6 months! Planning is super important. Do you live alone? I have an easier time than others because I live alone and don't keep my trigger foods in the house. I like crunchy things Cereal, low fat rice cakes, chips. But I eat way to many of them. So they are banned from my house. While my doctor frowns on Snacks even during bandster hell, I tried to choose healthy Snacks (low fat string cheese, chicken breast, baby carrots-now that I am at restriction need to eat them with hummus). If you are going to be out bring a low fat/cal premade Protein shake with you.

It's all about preplanning!

Most people think that getting the band will automatically take away your appetite and your cravings. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The band is to teach us control. I haven't changed much at all what I eat. There are some things that I physically can't eat because they get stuck but if I want something sweet I have it. Avoiding the "bad" foods doesn't teach you anything. Bad foods are never, ever gonna go away. You have to learn how to have a handful of cheetos instead of 1/2 a bag. Until you get 4-5 fills you're in bandster hell and will be miserable :) I'm 14 months out, down 102 lbs and its hard...been there, done that. You can do this. You don't have to deny yourself...just control yourself.

I too live alone so easier to do. It all reminds me of when I had babies, making milk and preparing baby foods etc etc. I have made a huge bean Soup, with butter swash and seasonsings and mashed it all up n strained it into liquid enough to make 2 quarts. The thing with the Soups, it makes you feel like you eating great adult food. and very satisfying. Feels good on the tummy asl well. Beans are great for you. so try to fix a good meal and make enough carry you through. My 1st fill is Jan 24,,, hang in there!!

Most people think that getting the band will automatically take away your appetite and your cravings. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The band is to teach us control. I haven't changed much at all what I eat. There are some things that I physically can't eat because they get stuck but if I want something sweet I have it. Avoiding the "bad" foods doesn't teach you anything. Bad foods are never, ever gonna go away. You have to learn how to have a handful of cheetos instead of 1/2 a bag. Until you get 4-5 fills you're in bandster hell and will be miserable smile.png I'm 14 months out, down 102 lbs and its hard...been there, done that. You can do this. You don't have to deny yourself...just control yourself.

I guess everyone is different. The band has curbed my appetite immensely! Sure, everyone gets cravings, but it does not take long to realize you don't really need it.

People say the band makes you feel "Full". It is not that way for me. When you are full, there is a signal sent to the brain that you really don't need to eat anymore. It is that signal I get. It as though I don't have any interest in eating, or food. There are times I blow it off for an entire day!

It's 3 o'clock here as I type this, and all I have had so far today is my shake for Breakfast. I'm just not interested in eating. THAT is the message my brain is getting.

I am going for my second on 1/10, First one I felt a bit of restriction for the first 5 or so days, probably swelling, and my first fill was 3cc. The goal is to watch your calories and "CONDITION" yourself for success. The band is only a tool, it will not take your cravings of "bad" food, you can still get hungry, you just have to control WHAT AND HOW MUCH you eat. You must have the desire to lose weight to do it.. .remember only a tool, you are the one that makes the tool work.

I am going for my second on 1/10, First one I felt a bit of restriction for the first 5 or so days, probably swelling, and my first fill was 3cc. The goal is to watch your calories and "CONDITION" yourself for success. The band is only a tool, it will not take your cravings of "bad" food, you can still get hungry, you just have to control WHAT AND HOW MUCH you eat. You must have the desire to lose weight to do it.. .remember only a tool, you are the one that makes the tool work.

There appears to be 2 schools of thought on this, and each of us can only go on their own personal experiences.

For me, it definitely controls my hunger! It also controls "How Much" I eat. Anything more would result in pain - vomiting.

My only decision is to decide What and When. And a lot of the "Whats" have been eliminated, and I am not that hurried for the "Whens"

Until you get 4-5 fills you're in bandster hell and will be miserable smile.png I'm 14 months out, down 102 lbs and its hard...been there, done that. You can do this. You don't have to deny yourself...just control yourself.

I don't agree with this. At least personally for me. I am trying to do this without fills. I am really trying to change my behaviors with both diet and exercise. To me it is important to see this as a lifestyle change and not just eat less because I am forced to. We all use this tool differently. I however, don't think that I am miserable without fills. I feel more empowered to be honest.

I'm there with u. I was banded on 12/6. I am not making the best choices right now and my stomach is rumbling away all the time. Having my husband around helps. He is so good about helping me stay on track. The trouble is I'm on vacay and home with the kids and he has been working late. It's not a good cOmbo.