Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lap Band Doctor Sucks!!!!!!!

By the way, you can bash Dr. Carter all you want but reality is... does it solve anything? Does it make you lose more weight? Does it make you become a better human being? Nope not at all, I think it makes you become belittled.

I am curious...the original poster says she has a 12cc band..yet Dr. Carter was only putting in .5cc each visit. If the OP was not losing weight why wasn't more Fluid added to her band to achieve restriction?

Wow, that just goes to show how unprofessional that doctor and/or his staff is!

Of couse we all have 'attitudes' when we come in because we are frustrated and this is the last resort for most of us that have spent a lifetime struggling with our weight. If a patient had unrealistic expectations, a good doctor would have discussed that with the patient BEFORE they cut them open and slapped a lap band on them when the already felt the patient didn't have the right mind set to be successful.

And then to top things off you post this patient's real first and last name to an open internet discussion board and discuss your doctor/patient interactions? You had no right to do that sir! I know that's got to be some violation of HIPPA laws.You just confirmed all the negative things she said about you.

GB2011 - as in ***** ***** right? Well, here's my 2 cents on the whole deal. You came in the office with already an attitude. You want to lose weight, but don't want to work the program. You want the the lap band to basically do everything for you. Well news for you, it's just a tool to help you lose weight. You still have to count your calories, diet, and exercise.

I also love how graceful and poise you were when you STORMED OUT OF THE OFFICE AND SAID, "KISS MY ASS b***h"! Very lady-like... I'm sure you will make a wonderful gf/wife to any man not from this world.

I hope that your next visit with another doctor, you will treat them with respect.

Cause honey if you do that again, no one wants to help you lose weight. They will definitely just want you to be fat and have to live like that forever...

Have you heard of HIPPA ? You do NOT speak about a patient this way in a public forum. You do not use the name. If I were your boss, you would no longer have a job.

In fact, your boss does not have to do a thing. The state will take your job and more if they find out you have broken these HIPPA laws that protect patients.

GB2011 - as in ***** ***** right? Well, here's my 2 cents on the whole deal. You came in the office with already an attitude. You want to lose weight, but don't want to work the program. You want the the lap band to basically do everything for you. Well news for you, it's just a tool to help you lose weight. You still have to count your calories, diet, and exercise.

I also love how graceful and poise you were when you STORMED OUT OF THE OFFICE AND SAID, "KISS MY ASS b***h"! Very lady-like... I'm sure you will make a wonderful gf/wife to any man not from this world.

I hope that your next visit with another doctor, you will treat them with respect.

Cause honey if you do that again, no one wants to help you lose weight. They will definitely just want you to be fat and have to live like that forever...

Wow! Definitely would blog about this Doctor...not at all the type of professional approach that I would expect.

Tisk tisk Dr and you r underperforming staff.

Now this person from the Dr.'s office tried to delete their posts because they broke the law. They do not understand how the site works. They changed their name twice too. Anonyous1 and nomnomnom , YOU are not too bright. We all got emails with the content of the posts...like this email :

Humming Bird,

nomnomnom has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "My Lap Band Doctor Sucks!!!!!!!".

and this email: *****************************************************

Humming Bird,

nomnomnom has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "My Lap Band Doctor Sucks!!!!!!!".

By the way, you can bash Dr. Carter all you want but reality is... does it solve anything? Does it make you lose more weight? Does it make you become a better human being? Nope not at all, I think it makes you become belittled.

Defiantly a HIPPA violation!!! Considering this doctor has several known complaints filed against him, might as well add one more...

GB2011,

Click the link below and it should load the Health Information Privacy Complaint form:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/hipcomplaintform.pdf

Fill out the form and then email it to:

OCRComplaint@hhs.gov

I did a search for "Dr Richard Carter Texas reviews" and a few sites popped up..the one I found that info on was: http://www.casewatch.org

You can try sites such as:

vitals .com

healthgrades .com

obesityhelp .com

great info good job!!

wow, that's some crazy $#&$ from that office! I'd definitly be hand delivering copies to the dr.....oh wait though, the doctor was a$$ too! I'd be reporting him to the medical board.

Wow!!! Someone "needs" to be held accountable for these actions. Unbelieveable. Sounds like whoever just posted all that and tried to cover it up MUST BE WORRIED. To really search the internet and say things like this in violation. (shaking head). - News spreads fast on the internet.

I would file a complant against person that posted your name on the net and make sure Alex knws about it. They should be kicked off this site.

Sorry to hear that. Try my doctor, Robert Snow in Hurst. He is awesome! He is truly one of the most fun, upbeat and attentive doctor's I have ever known. And is staff rocks! I wish I could make him my PCP.

He takes other doctor's fill patients because my friend goes there and she had her band done in Mexico.

Dr. Snow is my Dr. too and YEs he ROCKS!!!!!!

For new people considering the band, research the doctor you are choosing.

****Inappropriate Language Coming Fast and Furious*****

For the asswhole who posted this comment and tried to cover thier tracks, trust and believe I have reported this to HIPPA and retained an attorney for the violation of my privacy. Sorry b*****s like you are the reason why people are so unsuccessful at weight loss even by extreme ventures such as bariatric surgery. You can post whatever your stupid ass wants to post because clearly you don't comprehend what an IP address is and that forensics can be done to figure out what computer this was sent from and who sent it. My attorney will be working on that (check).

In the near future you may want to focus on your job at hand and the few patients you have left instead trolling the forums on lapband sites trying to "expose" people. I would suggest sending out resumes quick fast and in a hurry because that raggedy ass office and your incompetent staff will be collecting a welfare check real soon. Sorry b*****s!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I cant believe that office posted that information...GB, you are doing the right thing, DO NOT let the HIPPA violation go unanswered. I hope you find another doctor that is worth YOUR MONEY, because you are the one paying his salary, and jerks like that deserve to lose all of their patients as well as their practice!!

Bluetigereyes,

I already have and he is EXCELLENT. He actually "talk" to you when you come in. Had a fill last week and have already dropped 6lbs in a week.

Thank you all so much for the support. He defitnitely won't be seeing or hearing the last of me. I plan to be his worst nightmare!!!!!