Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 Of 14 Day Pre Lap Band Surgery Diet

Well it's day five i have to say i really go back and forth on the hunger scale some times i am thinking this isn't so bad other times i would do anything for some food. The sugar free popsicles actually do help. Not usually a big popsicle eater but it sure helps you get thru the hard times. I have read on here that the first three days are the hardest then it's gets easier. Still not the easiest thing i have ever done but definetly not the hardest either. I was scared to death about the pre-op diet more that i am about coming up surgery. I am having surgery Dec 30th. Anyone else out there with this date?

Hi Chasity...I am also having surgery on the 30th!! YAY! I can't wait! I started the pre-op diet on Friday. I am permitted to have 1 meal per day and 2 Protein shakes. I think I may try the sugar free popsicle thing. I find that I am getting hungry in between meals :(! I met my surgeon today...first pre-op appointment! Everything went really well and surgery is scheduled! YAY! I'm ready!!

Corina

My date is the 29th teeth_smile.gif so i definitely feel your pain lol. I haven't tried the sugar free pops, but I may. I just drink a lot of Water when I get hungry. But I did feel feel better when I stepped on the scale yesterday and had lost 3lbs in about 3 days! Now to get through the Christmas food, next Thursday can't get here soon enough!!!!!

I'm having surgery on the 22nd. My doc's preop diet is three days Clear Liquids. Yesterday made me feel like a junkie going through withdrawals. Today is more manageable. :-)

i was thinking being super strict during my diet and then i can have some dressing on christmas day this is what makes it feel like christmas for me. I have done great and have not cheated so far i am saving my one cheat for that day. That little bit of reward to look forward to is helping me stay on the straight and narrow the rest of the time. We are having a christmas/ retirement party tomorrow at work and i will be leaving to christmas shop i think that way i won't be tempted.

I start my preop shakes tomorrow and I too have to do 2 weeks worth001_huh.gif , good luck and hang in there!

I started my pre-op diet on Dec 23 - I have 4 weeks of shakes, and was told that sticking to the shakes could help me lose 35-40 pounds pre-op. The issue is that I MUST lose that weight - the clinic at which I'm having the surgery has a BMI limit, and unless I lose about another 35 pounds (65 total between Nov 17 and Jan 20 - I lost the first 30 before starting the shakes) my surgery will be postponed.

I've already cheated on the "shake" diet - went to a movie and had nachos. Today I was afraid to leave the house as I'm not sure I can control myself. I truly don't know how I'll get through another 3.5 weeks on shakes, and even if I'm PERFECT it still might not be enough to proceed with surgery as scheduled. (I have to travel for the surgery as well, so while rescheduling is possible, likely for some time in mid/late February, it would be quite inconvenient.)

I just feel really anxious about all of it - which just makes me want to give up and eat comfort food even more.

My pre-op diet is these shakes (for 4 weeks, as I said), and then very low glycemic vegetables, if I want them, for a maximum of 200 additional calories/day. Christmas dinner with a plate of steamed broccoli was a little embarrassing.

On to more practical issues - if anyone has any idea about how to make the Meal Replacement drinks taste any better, I'd love to hear. I had to order directly from a medical supply company and ordered far more chocolate than vanilla - I have some ideas re: the vanilla, but any advice for either would be great. I'm figuring out that the colder the drink, the better - makes the less-appetizing elements go down a little easier.

Good luck to all...

Chas, I'm not having my surgery until February - but this is also the part I'm most concerned about too. :-)

I already suck at diets (obviously) and the thought of liquids only...and being hungry...is intimidating to me, but I am doing everything I can to mentally prepare myself for that week. I only have to do it for 7 days. 7 days is nothing compared to the change this is going to make in my life.

I know I can tough it out and stick with it, but the anticipation is killing me. Let's go already!

Hi gang! I was suppose to start a pre diet 1 week ago, but am buying items tonight. Have not met with my surgeon and I do not have a date. I am done with pre program but my doctor thought I could start early on pre diet. I meet with surgeon next week to set a date. I did not make it today with liquids!! anyone at 300 pounds plus?What kind of Protein Drinks do you recommend?

Hi gang! I was suppose to start a pre diet 1 week ago, but am buying items tonight. Have not met with my surgeon and I do not have a date. I am done with pre program but my doctor thought I could start early on pre diet. I meet with surgeon next week to set a date. I did not make it today with liquids!! anyone at 300 pounds plus?What kind of Protein drinks do you recommend?

I started at 381 lbs. I'm at 374 now, just having given up sugar & diet soda...not even on any pre-op diet or anything yet.

I'm interested to see what Protein Drinks others recommend, as I want to "try on" all aspects of the pre and post op phases before I actually have my surgery.

So glad to have found these forums!

I am on day 17 of my pre op liquid diet..surgery set for Jan 5th. I have not cheated cause I've gone this long and I think it will be harder to get back on track if I cheat. It was hard to watch every eat on Christmas but I keep reminding myself the food will be there post op....it's not going anywhere. I wish I could have done this a long time ago and maybe I wouldn't be so overweight. I didn't get the shakes recommended by my doctor..drinking Muscle Milk Light. It is pretty good...i think that helps..they have lots of different flavors.

what happens if I don't fallow the pre op diet 100%???? After all if I could fallow a diet I wouldn't be in this bad a shape!!

!

recipes.html" rel="external nofollow">http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

lots of shake recipes from a WLS patient (shes gastric) they are goood stuff!!