Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheap Pre-lap Band Surgery Tips And Ideas

Hi everyone. I have my surgery date for January 9th and am pretty excited. I think I'm starting to stress about financial issues in my life and now am contemplating putting off surgery. My insurance will pay for the majority of it, if not all, but my Dr requires the Bariatric Advantage Protein to be bought through their office and I know I need to buy Vitamins yet. I'm stressed about the fiancial burden at this point as every penny is keeping us from eviction or the truck being repoed. I'm sure the holidays are talking to me as well as the kids will have no presents this year and that's really getting to me. So much stress at this time of year is not helping me to calm down. I try to tell myself it could be so much worse so in my goal to keep myself up about surgery, what are your tips and tricks, ideas and insight that could help me through the pre-diet phase in a healthy and CHEAP way? At this point I can't be picky about variety and lots of options, just cheap cheap cheap! Let me know your ideas and I'll keep my strength toward looking forward to a new beginning for me and my family. Lots of love to you all!

I used 100% whey Protein by Muscle Milk from costco in vanilla. I added cocoa to it when I made my shakes. It cost $49, but it got me through the preop diet, the post op period and I am still using it.

Check out GNC they always have sales on Protein Shakes. Good luck and keep being faithful. Things will work out.

I'll second the costco Muscle Milk, It's OK with Water and if you can

afford the calories, it's better with skim milk. They have Protein bars

too, unfortunately they taste like chocolate covered sawdust, but they

do have 20g protein. Cottage cheese is cheap and has quite a bit of

protein and is pretty filling. You have to buy food anyway so just make

it healthy. Grainy, wheat bread is good toasted, if you can eat it.

To begin, you'll need sugar free Jello, s/f Popsicles. S/f fudgesicles

Costco chicken bullion, instant potatos thinned out are good for full liquids. The food section has a lot of good ideas and Google is full

of liquid and solid food ideas.

I use Jillian Michaels from Walmart. $10 for a can of powder.< /p>

you can do what you want to do but I would start with finding another doctor. A doctor that requires you buy a product only from him has more of a desire to pad his wallet than to help or treat you. There are many other Protein powders out there, I use body force which runs about $15 at Wal mart and as for the Vitamins, try Flintstones they work just as well as some of the rest. don't let them tell you that you have to buy something from them, there are many other surgeons out there that will not do such thing.

To be honest i would talk to your Surgeon about the financial burden that you feel under in relation to the 'extra' costs of things like protien shakes, why do they insist on you having to buy Bariatric Advantage Protein from them.. ?

Stress can be a real problem when trying to lose weight, even if you dont eat when stressed it can mess up your metabolism whereby you dont lose anything.

It sounds like you are worried over a lot of things at the moment and maybe you need to consider postponing for a while or looking into getting another doctor.

Having success with a band is not just about food, its about being in the right frame of mind to dedicate time and effort into getting results.

Might be an idea to ask family friends for christmas presents of protien shakes.

I really hope things go ok for you.

you can do what you want to do but I would start with finding another doctor. A doctor that requires you buy a product only from him has more of a desire to pad his wallet than to help or treat you. There are many other Protein powders out there, I use body force which runs about $15 at Wal mart and as for the Vitamins, try Flintstones they work just as well as some of the rest. don't let them tell you that you have to buy something from them, there are many other surgeons out there that will not do such thing.

I agree. The nutritionist at my Dr.s office gave us a print out of all the possible options and where I can purchase them. Mostly online. They even gave us "discount codes" to use for purchases with different product websites.

2nd, I know this stuff can be pricey, but I justify it by saying it is a meal replacement.......how much would food be costing me right now compared to this shake? Even a McDonalds would cost me $5 a meal.