Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

176 Pound Loss Possible?? Oh How I Pray It Is!

Hello Everyone!. So i have a question. I was banded on October 25th. My start weight was 356 pounds. Today i am down to 292 pounds. I work out 4+ day a week religiously with a minimum of 1.5 miles a day of walking and have not faltered once when it comes to my doctors orders. I am following this to a T. And to be totally honest, its not hard any longer. My question is, can I realistically get down to 180 pounds? My goal was 210-220. However, last Wed, My grandfather came to me and said, "son, you get down to 180 pounds and I will write you a $5000.00 dollar check". Now as if a healthy life wasn't enough incentive, My grandfather goes and throws this on top! I am losing 1.5-2 pounds every 2-3 days, I have hit one pretty serious plateau around 303 pounds but adjusted my workout plan and changed my diet a little and boom! Blasted through it no problem. So, what do you guys think? Is a total of 176 pounds lost realistic?

Heres to another 112 pounds!

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I think it is very possible......my final goal is 150 and we can both hit our goals if we just try.......Keep up the good work and never give up

Joel. There are people here that have lost over 200 lbs. There's nothing easy about it, it takes

a whole new way of life and a lot of will power, but if you're willing to put in the effort, there's

no reason why you can't.

You can do it! I need to lose about 170 so we have about the same amount to lose!

There are many who have done it. Also you have being a male in your favor. They lose quicker and possibly easier than females. I know you can do it. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone for the positive responses! I'll keep everyone posted!

I think that your goal is possible. It may take a while longer than you wish, but slow and steady it can happen. Good luck, you are doing fantastic already! Karen

Sounds like you are on your way! Your following the diet, working out, changing it up when you need to. You are doing everything right!! You CAN do it!!

What a great incentive! It is definitely possible. I've lost 155 and still going. You can do it too!

(Ya think your grandfather would like to adopt me?)

I am close to 200lbs lost so far and 11 months banded, moderation, consitency and exercise for me is the key. It seems a daunting task at first but just take it one step at a time and have patience, i have more weight to lose yet but no giving up now :)

Good luck !

Absolutely you can do it! I'm very close to hitting 170 pounds lost myself...never thought it was possible but with a little determination, exercise, and good food choices you'll be $5,000 richer and 170 pounds lighter before you know it! :)

Sounds like you are on your way! Your following the diet, working out, changing it up when you need to. You are doing everything right!! You CAN do it!!

Super good luck to you! Your life is going to change sooo much! Best decision I ever made. This site is a great support system-- anything you want to know, just ask on this site! Keep posting!

Well it definately sounds like a very large possibility! Everyone is very kind on here. Great appreciation for the positive support.

It is absolutely possible! I lost 150lbs in a year and a half, plus had a baby during that time. You can do it!!

Sure it is !

My start weight was 356. Same as yours.

Current weight 224. That's a good Loss,

but as you can see,,, I have a way to go.

So yes ! I believe it is possible.

Shirley.