Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Illude - NOT a newbie!

it's great how wonderful ya'll look after the weight-loss I'm happy with what I've lost but the thing is i've got an issue with the excess skin that i have....however here is my photos of before & after

post-206053-1381313283829_thumb.jpg

post-206053-13813132838645_thumb.jpg

Holy freaking cow, illude! I'm speechless! I'm amazed! I'm jealous! How come I haven't seen you on this board more often? We NEED people like you around here. You're absolutelyl gorgeous!

Here's my plan for you: You can become the spokeswoman for the Lap Band and then they'll pay for your Excess skin removal surgeries. For heaven's sake, you've got to get SOME kind of promotional deal from losing all that weight!

Ok, now for the questions: When did you get yoru band? What was your strategy? How long did it take you to lose it? I want answers!

ILLUDE-

All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!!!!! You look awesome! It made my day to see your stats and how much weight you have lost. You need to post more on here. Your weight loss is a true inspiration to us all. I don't know of any posters around here that have lost as much as you! Wow...I'm speechless!:clap2:

thank you all so much for your comments! I'm not really use to many comments I never had anyone to talk to about this I've always been kind of aloner I never talked to anyway I always stayed stuck infront of the computer but doing nothing of this sort. I always did web-design I never got into forums or anything like that so this is all kind of new to me but I'm starting to enjoy this. As for the questions Puddinpie...I was banded 2 years ago Actually November 13, 2004 So this past november Made 2 Years I've been banded. The first few months I really didn't lose alot of weight It was kind of slow. The past year 2005 is when I really lost alot of weight over 200lbs In 2005 I really didn't have a strategy, the more I went to the doctor and found out I had lost more it just kind of inspired me to work harder and excersize more. However there is alot of skin I was pushing 600lbs I can't hardly believe that there is anyway to tighten all of that up. But I've been trying. The more I lost the harder I worked, I just felt extremely good about myself after losing more & more. Now it's as-if I have a whole new life, I can do things I was never able to do before.

Illude - this absolutely took my breath away. Litterally, I'm still trying to catch it. I have chills. Girl.. you should be SO FREAKING PROUD of yourself! You are so beautiful.

:humble: Bravo girl! :humble: Bravo!! :humble: Bravo!!

I so needed that... SO needed that..

I am crying my head off...my kids are freaking out.. all the mascarra I put on to go the the YMCa is running off...

Thank you Illude. THANK YOU!!

Illude,

I am so impressed! You look amazing. You are my hero. I'm sure you feel like you are floating. I know your future is going to be fantastic, after doing what you have done you can do anything. Congradulations on your new life.

YOU GO GIRL,

Kim

Guest Kira M

Oh my goddess, Illude! What an amazing transformation. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. :clap2:

Illude if you have insurance or medicaid, and can document that all that skin is causing chafing, or rashes or any other of a number of issues your doctor can help you list, you should be able to get a arm, leg and stomach lifts at least covered by your insurance. as for your neck, and maybe even breasts(rash under), it wouldn't hurt to ask while you're at it, it's been known to happen! You look BEAUTIFUL and congratulations on your successes!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches