Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just join the gym (yeah me) but I feel like there is to much to loss without the help of a trainer. Has anyone loss weight with a personal trainer and if sowas it worth the money? or is this something I can acheieve myself. Please help am totally confused. :huh:

I had a personal trainer once a week for about 4 months. Yes, it helped tremendously. She would start every week off by measuring me and weighing me. She pushed me when I thought I couldn't do one more rep (something I miss now). Just being accountable to someone helped me. I haven't had her for about a year now (doing it on my own) and I miss her. It's so expensive tho.

Good luck to you!

Marci

I exercise mainly by myself at home - I run outside and on the treadmill, I go to the occasional body pump and spin class, I make token efforts at sandbag training.

I am very motivated to run - I love it. I dont need a trainer for that, I even push myself HARD by doing interval training till I virtually fall off the back of the treadmilll. Then I front up again next day for more.

But strength training, meh. I could REALLY use a trainer there, just for motivation. I know what to do I just dont want to do it and when I do do it, I often am half arsed about it and dont put in a lot of effort. I could get stupendous results with a trainer. But I cant afford one - oh, you can book a personal training session at my gym, but personally, I'm underwhelmed with the knowledge and professionalism at the gym, everyone you see is doing the same useless workout on the same useless equipment, I'm talking about someone who can get me really working with free weights. You know, the $100 a session type.

What I did until the trainer unfortunately moved and closed the group down was a great bootcamp for a year. I absolutley loved it and it was small enough for me not to be invisible liek you are in Pump. I got great results from that, and I really miss it. I joined the gym when it finished but am not that into it - I think I'll look for another group.

Could you do that? Share with someone or join a small group?

Thanks all for the reply.

I started with a trainer about 2 months after surgery. It was the best thing I did. He pushed me to do things I would never have thought. He came to my friends house 3 nights a week to begin with and we split the cost. I did that for 5 months. I just recently switched to going to the gym and started using the trainer there. The gym is great too. I love the trainer I have now too. I've been lucky to "click" with both of my trainers and really feel like we are on the same page. The trainer has definitely kept me on track and made working out not so overwhelming. It is definitely an investment but in my opinion totally worth it if you can swing it financially! Good Luck!!! :D

Well, I worked out with a personal trainer for 3 weeks as i was considering lapband and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks just pay for like five sessions and learn some things and do those on your own.

I just join the gym (yeah me) but I feel like there is to much to loss without the help of a trainer. Has anyone loss weight with a personal trainer and if sowas it worth the money? or is this something I can acheieve myself. Please help am totally confused. :huh:

I adore my PT and hold her personally responsible for a lot of my success....6 wks has turned in to 3 years. She is always a phone call or email away and has helped me through some rough Patches, A good PT is worth every penny spent.

Mimi