Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

congrats to you I know how you feel 5 days to go and I ll be banded

Had mine done on 8 nov. Still some pain going but less every day. Keep ya posted

I had my lapband surgery Nov 7th and my tummy is a little sore, Today is the first day I've really started to feel better. I had no desire for food or anything, I was forcing the fluids down- this afternoon I noticed the swelling must be down because I'm starting to feel hungry for the first time tonite. Trying to keep my mind off it and had broth and then some sugar free Jello. I am so excited and soooo happy I did this.

Heading to the hospital tomorrow morning at 4:30 am! Getting so nervous!

Wow there are a lot of November bandsters!! You all sound like you are hanging in there and getting ready. Some are recovering good too it sounds like. Just wanted to remind you the first month is the hardest but it is only 30 days or so. Just think everytime your stomach growls and it will about week 2 that you will probably not feel that feeling much anymore when you start getting your fills. I pretty much lost all hunger since my first fill. But the first month you will go to sleep with the growling but it won't kill you it didn't me. Just drink some Protein Shake or eat ½ Protein Bar before you go to bed and it will help. During the day just drink more Water till the hunger goes away. If your Dr lets you, coffee is a real hunger killer.

When I read about how worried some of you are, I say don't be you will be in and out so fast you will be like me looking to see if there really were some scars. If you are just really a mess when you get there tell the nurse they will give you something to calm you down. Don't forget your pillow for the ride home, to hold against your tummy in case of bumps or railroad tracks. I used it to walk with the next couple of days. Just walked up and down my driveway in my PJs with my hubby and pillow about 10:00 pm when no one could see me in my PJ's.

Also stop looking at the surgery videos it will just scare you and you do not need the added stress. Again best wishes to all of you I really am praying for all the November bandsters everyday. So I know God will have His hand over all of you. The 4th was my 51 birthday and I am 2+ years old and no regrets at all and no problems except a tiny unfill twice.

This is an exciting time for all of you congratulations! Remember all of us have lots of advice but always check with your Dr. if you have something that worries you. Most of the time the staff can help you if the doctor is not there and on the weekend they usually have an answering service to get your information and have someone call you back if need be. But keep coming here for support . . . too hard to go it alone and there are some great people on these boards that have experience for several years with the band and they have helped me for 2+ years and I am still learning new little things that help!

Cheri

I came back to add one more thing . . . remember Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks it is really not about food . . really we just make it that way. It will be back in 365 days and you will be ready to face all the bad food as well as the good foods and make good choices. Be good!

I had my surgery yesterday (11-10-11) and feel pretty good today. I had to be at the hospital at 6 am and once I was taken in the back to get ready everything went fast. I would go back to Ellis Hospital for an surgeries they were fantastic and very outgoing. Once I got to the OR they got me ready for the surgery and the nurse and anesthesiologist were relaxing and funny. They strapped my arms and my legs to the table because the doctor puts me upright a little to do the surgery, that explains the foot board on the bottom of the table. LOL....I was put under around 8ish and was waking up in the recovery room around 9ish. So the whole surgery to about an hour and she had to fix a hietal hernia. I was in pain when I woke up but they gave me something for that and once I got more awake they sent me to the second recovery. My husband came in and they gave me Water to sip on after about an hour I got up to go pee and walk. They sent me home with a liquid pain med, a muscle relaxer and a Constipation med. Once home I could only have Water yesterday and today I can have other Clear liquids. I didn't sleep much yesterday but did sleep well last night without waking up. I have little gas pain but I would walk every hour and sip water.

Wow there are a lot of November bandsters!! You all sound like you are hanging in there and getting ready. Some are recovering good too it sounds like. Just wanted to remind you the first month is the hardest but it is only 30 days or so. Just think everytime your stomach growls and it will about week 2 that you will probably not feel that feeling much anymore when you start getting your fills. I pretty much lost all hunger since my first fill. But the first month you will go to sleep with the growling but it won't kill you it didn't me. Just drink some Protein shake or eat ½ Protein Bar before you go to bed and it will help. During the day just drink more Water till the hunger goes away. If your Dr lets you, coffee is a real hunger killer.

When I read about how worried some of you are, I say don't be you will be in and out so fast you will be like me looking to see if there really were some scars. If you are just really a mess when you get there tell the nurse they will give you something to calm you down. Don't forget your pillow for the ride home, to hold against your tummy in case of bumps or railroad tracks. I used it to walk with the next couple of days. Just walked up and down my driveway in my PJs with my hubby and pillow about 10:00 pm when no one could see me in my PJ's.

Also stop looking at the surgery videos it will just scare you and you do not need the added stress. Again best wishes to all of you I really am praying for all the November bandsters everyday. So I know God will have His hand over all of you. The 4th was my 51 birthday and I am 2+ years old and no regrets at all and no problems except a tiny unfill twice.

This is an exciting time for all of you congratulations! Remember all of us have lots of advice but always check with your Dr. if you have something that worries you. Most of the time the staff can help you if the doctor is not there and on the weekend they usually have an answering service to get your information and have someone call you back if need be. But keep coming here for support . . . too hard to go it alone and there are some great people on these boards that have experience for several years with the band and they have helped me for 2+ years and I am still learning new little things that help!

Cheri

I came back to add one more thing . . . remember Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks it is really not about food . . really we just make it that way. It will be back in 365 days and you will be ready to face all the bad food as well as the good foods and make good choices. Be good!

Thank you for your post! It is very reassuring to here from people who have been at this for a while. I get nervous about how the rest of my life will look like. I keep asking myself is this something that I will be able to have the strenght to keep up for the rest of my life? Will the band last for years inside of me?

I know I'm going through with it, but I can't help but ask myself these questions. It is just the mental game that I've played with myself all my life and which has played a huge part in my gaining the weight that I've been fighting to lose all of my life.

Thank you for the encouraging words I just got banded on 11-02-11 and although I get discouraged at times I think it was the best decision i've made so far!

Thank you for the encouraging words I just got banded on 11-02-11 and although I get discouraged at times I think it was the best decision i've made so far!

My husband will be banded 12/5 and I 12/9. I wanted to do it the same day but with 2 kids 8 and under we need one another to help after the surgeries. Good luck to you guys!

Nov. 29, for my hubby...Nov. 30 for me. Banned together, pre op & post op together.

Thank you for your post! It is very reassuring to here from people who have been at this for a while. I get nervous about how the rest of my life will look like. I keep asking myself is this something that I will be able to have the strenght to keep up for the rest of my life? Will the band last for years inside of me?

I know I'm going through with it, but I can't help but ask myself these questions. It is just the mental game that I've played with myself all my life and which has played a huge part in my gaining the weight that I've been fighting to lose all of my life.

I worried about that too what will happen if something causes me to have my band removed. But I am pretty sure I would have it replaced or do whatever is the newest besides the Bypass at that time and I will find someway to pay for it just like the band as I was self pay. But I would like to keep it forever that is what I am hoping and praying for. But who knows what tomorrow brings. We could get hit by a bus and still have our Band. Just think positive thats all we can do. Watch out for buses!!!

Cheri

Mine is the 18th also.....woohoo!!!!

My band date is 11/18/11. Go us!!

Mine is the 18th also.....woohoo!!!!

My band date is 11/18/11. Go us!!

I am being banded on 11/21/11. Im on day 6 of pre op diet. I am nervous and excited! I really do appreciate being able to go through this with people.

I was banded yesterday. Arrived at hospital at 8:30 got all wired up with ivs etc. surgery was scheduled for 10 lady came out about 9:30 and said theyve called for her. Was wheeled to surgery holding area for about a half hour, then was rolled to surgery, switched from bed to table. Gas mask on and that was it, woke upin same holding area very groggy where clocked showed it was about 11. they noticed I was awake, came over asked how I was feeling then things got rolling I was then changed from a bed to a chair they went and got hubby, he made phone calls to let everyone know I was out and doing ok. I was then wheeled back to where I started, given some cystal light, ice chips something for pain and was told as soon as I could pee I could go home, so I drank the crystal light which was in a medicine cup and ate some ice chips dosed a little asked again if I had to pee I said well lets go see and get this show on the road. I did go then I was told I could get dressed and be on my way. Pain has been on and mainly on left side and also feel like I have a bad chest cold, I thinm this may have been from breathing tube dont think I have much gas no shoulder pain but have taken gasx strips just in case I am mistaken. Havent been hungry, just sore as stated and tired wanting to sleep.< /p>