Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah Healing, blah, blah, blah but I'm still pissed!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded 9/12/11. Ready for THIS craziness...I have no idea what my starting weight was the day of surgery. I know what the weight is when they weighed me a month ago. I haven't been weighing myself on my home scale for the past 2 months. I didn't bother to weigh myself close to surgery as I figured the Drs. office or hospital would. I figured wrong. No one weighed me so now 6 days out I have today as a starting point.:( Trust me, the month before surgery I went on a bendor (sp?) I am sure I gained weight.

I guess this is a good thing because now I have a clean slate, right?

One quick question: I am belching a lot - is this a bad thing?

This forum has been great and very informative! Thank you!

Hillary in MA

Go Pats!

Well you started out right ! I don't even own a scale. My surgeon told me to throw it out ! I did, and he was right all the way...

Don't worry about the scale, get weighed at the Dr.'s Office because it's calibrated often. Your home scale is not.

So when I go to a Dr.'s Office I am always Happy because I see weight loss. I write the weight on a purse calendar. and keep track for me to see.

It works, and my mind is free from that Ball and Chain called a Scale.

Omg burping ia good! After surgery I couldn't burp for days. It was painful.

you guys made me feel better too! I had banded plication surgery on the 6th. Ive just lost 6 pounds since then. I thought w the plication I was suppose to lose fast. But i guess i gotta heal. Its just silly to eat so little and not see the scales drop. Please keep posting to us newbies. I dont know anyone personally to ask questions!!

Hello,

Where are you in Texas? I am in Mexia.. (home of the late Anna Nichole)

Tammy

I am in Burleson, Tx. I use to go through Mexia often on the way to houston.

Hang in there - I felt the same way for the first 4 weeks after surgery. Then I had my first fill. Everything changed! Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since the fill and I'm down 10 pounds since then. So don't stress - just keep healing and know that after you get filled, you'll start losing if you follow all the guidelines.

It'll happen!

Well I have read many of the responses on here and I personally would be surprised if you haven't lost any weight after surgery. I was banded 7 weeks ago and since surgery I have lost 20 lbs. I lost 14 over the two week liquid diet before surgery, so 34 all together. Since surgery I have averaged about 2-3 lbs a week which is what my doctor told me to keep as a goal. I go for my first fill in two weeks which will take me from 1300 calories a day to about 1000 which is where I am now comfortable eating. I went to whole foods pretty easily and faster than recommended but I was so hungry on the liquids that I was nauseous. I listened to my body and it was been a perfect relationship...no vomiting at all and I eat when I am hungry, that's it. I would talk with the doc about not losing weight, mainly because you could be retaining Fluid or something. I was in pain and doubted the surgery for the first two weeks, into week three I was healed and felt awesome. After week 5 my incisions were healed and now I feel better than I have in 5 years. Be patient and ask questions....as much as you need to in order to feel comfortable with your body!!!! Good luck ;)

the scale hasnt moved for me. It just stays at the same weight. I dont eat much salt at all. My diet is low sodium and low carb before surgery. Weight loss also depends on how much you weighed before. The larger you are the more weight you will lost. Water weight goes first. So Yeah I'm with you, dr never told me that I would stall or a healing period. He said an average of 2lbs a week. My first week, the weight was falling off and the 2nd week, nothing. Not one pound. This is my 3rd week and my fill will be on 09/27/11 and I go see my doctor tomorrow. Im gonna try 4 days of working out. Last week I had a few things come up and I only worked out twice. So we'll see.

You and I have the same surgeon. I really like Dr. Fox and i trust his advice. My second week after surgery, the scale didn't move and i was like wtf?. lol I felt the same way. Last week was my 3rd week post up. I up'd my Protein and Water intake and i lost 1-2 pounds everyday last week. I try to walk on my treadmill everyday for 30 minutes at 2.4mph with 1.5 pound weights on my wrist. Dr. Fox said the goal is to get between 3.0 -3.4 mph on the treadmill. Not quite there yet. I cant do anything crazy workout wise because i'm still a little sore, but i am able to do some stuff.

:D I am 4 weeks post op and my scale has not moved at all since surgery, BUT, after reading all of these comments i have not went cray cray yet.

I am eating rugular foods and not a lot of that and drinking a lot of Water.

I am in Arlington Texas if any of you are close and want to team up to work out let me know. i have been walking 2.5 miles a day for the past one, but am doing it alone, so let me know if your close by and want to walk with me. i could use any and all support.

I'm in Dallas and I have to work out before I go to work, which means I'm up at 4:15 and headed to the gym. It sucks. I have to pick up my child after work from the sitter. So I can't fo it after work like I use too.

Dr. Fox and true results rocks! Theyve helped me thru every step. Once I'm on solids I will feel better. I can eat spaghetti squash and some grilled chicken....I can't wait!!!

I'm two weeks out. Gas pains are long gone. I'm eating eggs now and very soft foods. Everything is staying down. I'm not tired or weak. I have been tracking everything using myfitnesspal.

Yet, I have that feeling in the back of my head. That voice that whispers to me, "we are not losing weight, wtf?! Do something". Yes, I'm a total type A personality. When it comes to dieting and working out I'm hard on myself. Yes, Texas Bandit goes a little cray-cray every now and then.

So now, I am questioning the whole healing period notion. I kinda feel like its BS, but you know I'm always a skeptic. So i'm trying to prevent the cray-cray from happening. I'm trying to stay away from the gym. I will overdo it, I know I will. Thats just me.

I should have not started weighing myself. Thats where I went wrong. I weigh everyday out of curiosity at first, but now every morning the scale hasnt move I curse it. I wanna throw it. Before all this I would weigh myself every 2 weeks.

I feel bloated. Ugh.... I just dont know what to do. How long does this period last? Y aint I losing weight? I'm eating so little, but I feel like i'm eating a lot. I get full quick and I'm not even hungry. Should I give up oatmeal? I think its the oatmeal. Befor surgery I hadnt had oatmeal in about a year. More Water maybe?? Help!

You need to read your First Posting "again". I will overdo it, I know I will. Thats just me. Now your complaining on the time Frame ???

I spend at least 2 hrs. every other morning in the Gym, and Pool. Then a massage, and machinery on a shoulder. So it's between 2-3 hrs..

That's a long Haul from 10:00- 1:00 but I am doing it ! I would gladley get up and get in there at your time, just so I have the day for whatever.

In your case work !

Are you Happy at all with this surgery, and follow up work that you must do ? If not get use to it...

I understand the Newbie Confusion, but it's up to you to try to make this work.

I try to understand those who vent ! It happens to all of us.. But we try to get it together... I hope you do...

Wow...

I am happy with my surgery. So far.

U have to understand that I've been trying to heal cause yes I will over do it cause I hate cardio and I like to lift weights but I can't for another 2 weeks or so. I do have a hellified schedule but that is recently. I use to work out in the evenings but I don't have time. I use too. When my kid was in daycare. Now he is with a sitter. It is a long story but I work full time. I am my husbands caregiver too. He is 25 and is at home due to heart failure. So it's not about trying but I have serious obligations to my family and I'm the primary bread winner.

I almost cancelled but my hubby cheered me on and to not put this on hold cause of him. So no I just don't do what I want to do during the day. My day ia full of obligations, work, dr appts etc. Trying to keep my husband alive.

And may I add taking care of a 16 month old!! My life use to be easier but I carry on. My hubby is getting better but at times it's a lot I admit. So yes I vent cause once again my dr. didn't really speak about a healing period or what not. I just don't want all of this to be for nothing.