Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah Healing, blah, blah, blah but I'm still pissed!

I'm two weeks out. Gas pains are long gone. I'm eating eggs now and very soft foods. Everything is staying down. I'm not tired or weak. I have been tracking everything using myfitnesspal.

Yet, I have that feeling in the back of my head. That voice that whispers to me, "we are not losing weight, wtf?! Do something". Yes, I'm a total type A personality. When it comes to dieting and working out I'm hard on myself. Yes, Texas Bandit goes a little cray-cray every now and then.

So now, I am questioning the whole healing period notion. I kinda feel like its BS, but you know I'm always a skeptic. So i'm trying to prevent the cray-cray from happening. I'm trying to stay away from the gym. I will overdo it, I know I will. Thats just me.

I should have not started weighing myself. Thats where I went wrong. I weigh everyday out of curiosity at first, but now every morning the scale hasnt move I curse it. I wanna throw it. Before all this I would weigh myself every 2 weeks.

I feel bloated. Ugh.... I just dont know what to do. How long does this period last? Y aint I losing weight? I'm eating so little, but I feel like i'm eating a lot. I get full quick and I'm not even hungry. Should I give up oatmeal? I think its the oatmeal. Befor surgery I hadnt had oatmeal in about a year. More Water maybe?? Help!

Hmm..maybe step back a little and breathe, honestly. You're taking this much further than it even needs to be taken. Your body is healing..HEALING. You were just CUT open, had some foreign object placed around your stomach, a living organ, and you're expecting quick weight-loss? It's not going to happen. I know you don't want to hear it, sorry but, you're healing. There is nothing you can do right now that is going to make the scale move. If anything somehow stop getting on the scale.< /p>

That's all the advice I can give you. Either accept that you're healing or don't..if you don't then enjoy driving yourself crazy.

you can walk for exercise and drink lots of Water at this point. Also stop weighing yourself everyday, once a week is enough. If you have to get rid of your home scale, that's what I did!

I'm surprised your doctor has not told you that the 6 weeks after your surgery is NOT for losing weight. You should NOT get on the scale, and just try to relax and heal. I was banded on September 1st. Yes, I have lost some weight, but it finally stopped. I am on soft foods and finally can eat pretty much anything I want, but am getting fuller way faster than ever before. When I saw the doctor and nutritionalists they both said this time is NOT to focus on losing weight in the least, and that some people even gain some weight during this period, especially when you go back onto regular foods. Both of them said to concentrate on listening to my body, paying attention to the signals of feeling full, to eat healthy foods and not junk, start exercising (only 30-45 minutes and can only lift up to 20 lbs for the next 4 weeks + doctor said to only exercise 3-4 times a week and no more) Healthy food and exericse and health is what this time if for, and time for the body to re-adjust and get ready for the weight loss to come. Good luck and stop driving yourself NUTS :rolleyes:

I am also 2 weeks out . I lost 15 lbs the liquid week, but only 2 lbs since. It is frustrating, but very normal. I know some that have actually gained some weight back after the liquid week. Keep moving, and keep eating small amounts, the weight will come off when you least expect it. And i agree about the scale. Once a week is good. Have someone hide it, so you wont get obsessed with weighing yourself. Good Luck!

You gotta stop this. Not to freak you out any more than you already are, but this is only the beginning. Please just relax. You are going to go through a ton of emotions. I remember crying my eyes out early on because I could not eat something I cant remember what now yet I do remember being so sad at times. Me i am an obsessive scale person. But it sounds like you might be best not to weigh if its going to drive you crazy. And healing period is not BS.

Hang in there it will come off I am living proof LOL,

3/11/10

Banded

you can walk for exercise and drink lots of Water at this point. Also stop weighing yourself everyday, once a week is enough. If you have to get rid of your home scale, that's what I did!

Agreed ! I threw my scale out a long time ago. Put it in the closet, and use it 1 x a month, the same time every month !

You are healing, anything can happen including some gain. Don't get pissed off ! That's part of the healing process.

When it starts coming off you will know it ! But for now you can do some walking, and keep your calories at around 1200.

Protein 60-80 G.

You came this far,,, so now be patient. It helps....

It sounds to me like you know the score and you're just venting. Vent away! It IS frustrating and counter-intuitive and we all want to be the exception to the "healing period" rule. I think no matter how educated we are pre-band, there is a still part of us that really thinks that we'll wake up two weeks after surgery and have lost 30 lbs overnight.

Don't go cray-cray on us ;) (It's not the oatmeal)

do not obsess over the scale, it will drive you insane. go by how your clothes fit. there is a 2 month "lag time' between the scale and inches lost. you lose a couple of dress sizes, and it shows in your clothes, but not on the scale. i know it can be frustrating. i have decided to just weigh once a week at the same time.

it will get better. just concentrate on healing. my doctor says the first 6 weeks are not about losing weight it is about your body healing and getting used to the band inside.

What Lyla said.

You need to read post ( 9 Months Post Op by DeeDee72. ) Thats what this is about.

I like the oatmeal. I'm full all the time and have to force myself to eat regularly. I'm gonna give up the oatmeal after it's all gone. I feel too guilty. It's too many carbs for me. I will look up the 9 months post op thingie.

I admit I am too hard on myself at times but that's in everything. It keeps me motivated and working hard. I'm naturally lazy! Lol!!

I'll say no to the scale. My husband needs it so I can't throw it out. I'm try to be happy about the 22lbs I've lost in 15 days.

Take it from an old chick, you have beaten yourself up enough, it is time to love you, cra cra and all! Give yourself postive and no more of this negative stuff. You are on a journey for you, slow down and enjoy it. Just becuase the scale does not move does not mean that your body is not adjusting to the new you. You want to talk about scale obession, i weight after i go to the bathroom hoping i will be down a littel, got to get scale out of the house. dont let it dictate your progress, i bet you feel pretty good until you step on it? come on we are in this together all the way to the end! dont give up, please!

I swear I could have written this today!! I am a week and couple days post-op and I'm driving myself crazy by getting on that stinkin' scale!!blink.gif I lost 20 pounds on the liquid pre-op diet and was so stoked from that. Now I can not even lose ONE pound. I'm still doing liquids only (averaging 800 cals per day) and I'm riding my bike about a 1/2 hour daily. I'm ready to be done healing are start losing!! I'll see ya in cray-cray land!cool.gif

I wish just one pound!!! Please!?!?! I just want the scale to move just a little. The scale is evil!!!

First of all...step away from the scale. Yes, you are healing but you also need to know that it is VERY common to stop losing weight when you transition to soft foods. I stalled for about 2 weeks and now I'm 9 1/2 months out and have lost 106 lbs.

The band works...you just have to be patient. Just keep following your doctor's orders and try not to stress about it too much.