Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Terry Simpson - program fee

Did everyone pay the 600 for program fee. And the books

My doctor had us pay $500.00, but this included a nutritionist for 2 years post surgery anytime we need to see her.

My program fee was $300 and includes seeing the nutrionist and the other support, mental & physical, for as long as we need to do so.

I personally didn't but I have no idea what my insurance paid for.

I am bitterly against program fees, they are a giant rip off. My practice has all the nut follow up and education you need for no program fee. Insurance won't pay the fee or reimburse you. Call around to see if there is another center of excellence without that extortion payment.

Mimi

Hi 34Mom,

I too am scheduled to have my surgery with Dr. Terry Simpson. I looked at his "PLAN", or basically insurance. I didn't pay the $600 for extras. However, he did offer me an insurance plan spanning from $2250 - $10,500 that would "cover me" should I have issues after 90 days.

I am doing self-pay ($9995), had to prepay everything before I could schedule surgery, and this only covers 90 days of follow-up. (And two fills within that time.) This does not include the initial consultation ($100), the nutritionist ($100) and the psych eval ($100), all needed to be paid upfront, in cash.

If the doctor didn't have such a great reputation, there is no way I'd consider going to him as his financial promotions are ridiculous. I feel like I'm going to the 99Cent store, and God forbid I need his help after 90 days, should I have complications, or not heal as expected.

Did everyone pay the 600 for program fee. And the books

Yes, I was required to pay the $600 for the book. I just went in for a fill as I had my surgery in Oregon and didn't know who to go to. Pretty expensive for a fill.

Then about two years later I wanted to have another fill and I was told I had to pay the $600 fee again as they could not find me in their computer system. Just a money-grabbing outfit if you ask me.

I paid the program fee of $1000 at Dr. Simpsons office several years ago... then insurance denied me... they wouldn't refund the program fee. I did not have surgery with Dr. Simpson when my insurance finally did approve me this year.

I am bitterly against program fees' date=' they are a giant rip off. My practice has all the nut follow up and education you need for no program fee. Insurance won't pay the fee or reimburse you. Call around to see if there is another center of excellence without that extortion payment.

Mimi[/quote']

100% agree! I feel that I have been ripped off with weight loss gimmicks my whole life and now finally find a real medically approved tool.. I wouldnt go anywhere with a program fee!

My experience with Simpson is that it is ALL about the $$$! It's hard to take him seriously when he sells Botox, juvaderm, etc from his practice. I also have a problem with his flashing "lap band sale" sign on his website. It's supposed to be a medical practice!

Clearly you had a bad experience with us. Yes, we do Botox and Juvaderm out of our office, and many patients like this. In terms of the "sale" that happens- up to our website, and yes - many patients have taken advantage of the price because of the hospital cutting cost.

Our program fee is optional. If you wish to participate in it then it is available. The fee pays for the rent on the facility, pays for the nutritionist to be there, and for the parties we have.