Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm worrying if this is normal?

Hello everyone this is my first post on this website. I've been reading everyone else's post though! I had my surgery last Wed on the 24th and I felt amazing the first 2 days. After that I started feeling really bloated and my stomach is constantly burning. I feel nauseous if I move around too much. I'm wondering if this is gastritis or if I need to do anything? When I take an antacid tablet it seems to soothe it for a few hours. Any suggestions would help please

You will feel gas, but if you are fearful, call your surgeon's office. Usually the gas settles in the shoulder, causing much pain.

Walking will help that. Take Gas-x for other stuff. Good luck. Karen

Call your Doc., and ask him. He knows what was all done, and see what he will give for the acid reflux..

Surgery for me was 8/23/11 and I have been having the same problems. Rumbly, Gassy, Bloated!! Ugh!! It started yesterday when I added cream of Tomato Soup and an EAS shake to my liquid diet. I am not sure if its a milk/milk product problem or just normal. I thought when they talked about gas after surgury they meant right after - not 1 week after! I am calling doctor tomorrow because this is painful! ;)

Let me know how you are doing and good luck!

weight.png

the gas is very normal. They add air to your stomach to be able to operate and that gas has to go some where. Walk, walk, walk. and take gas x

Well good news.....The day after I wrote this I started feeling somewhat human and then today I feel amazing. I was so worried that I was going to feel that terrible forever. I did eat a little bit of refried Beans that seemed to help me. Thanks for everyone's input I'm glad to be feeling better!

If your Dr didn't already tell you, you should be on a Protein pump inhibitor (like Prilosec OTC) for at least 6 months after surgery. That will help retrain your stomach to produce less acid than what it's used to and will limit your acid issues (will minimize belching, potential band erosion, PBing, etc.).

OMG!!! I was banded on Wed the 31st and the GAS is NO JOKE!!! I can not get comfortable at all!!!! Please tell me this goes away!!!

OMG!!! I was banded on Wed the 31st and the GAS is NO JOKE!!! I can not get comfortable at all!!!! Please tell me this goes away!!!

Yes, it goes away!. I took the gas-x strips and walked as much as possible. Walking is your friend right now. Do it often!

Glad you're feeling better! Walk definitely helps, I was banded on 8/31. Been moving since to help work the gas out. Congrats to all my new fellow bandsters.

Hi all, I was just banded on 8/31 as well.. The gas pains in my shoulder are very uncomfortable!, but has gotten a bit better each day. I didnt expect to feel so much pain in the shoulder,but im reading it is normal, so im not too worried, just trying to walk as much as possible, and taking tylenol w/ codeine. Congrtas to all the new banders, and good luck!

THE CRAZY PART IS THAT IM NOT HAVING THE GAS IN MY SHOULDERS! ITS JUST IN MY STOMACH! IT COMES AND GOES AMD I JUST WANT IT TO GO ALREADY! SITTING IS NO FRIEND OF MINE AT THIS TIME! ITS ALONG MY LEFT SIDE AND TOTALLY SUCKS! I WOKE UP FEELING PRETTY GOOD THIS MORNING, HAD A SIP OF Water AND IT WAS ALL OVER AFTER THAT! IM LOSING IT! I DONT KNOW IF IM FEELING AN EXTREMELY FOOL FEELING, GAS, OR AM I FREAKIN HUNGRY! UGH....THIS IS GONNA BE A ROUGH JOURNEY!

Everyone is different - I was waiting for it to settle in my shoulders like they warned me, but it was in my stomach....felt like someone was trying to punch their fist straight up through my stomach. What everyone is saying about waling is correct, what you need to do is walk, walk and walk some more....took about a week for me to feel normal again.