Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst Decision I ever made!

I hate this stupid band! It was the worst decision I ever made. I should have gotten the bypass! Either I can eat everything or I can eat nothing!!!!!!!!!!! Lose....gain.......lose....gain!!!!!! I'm in so much pain right now after throwing up because I must have taken too big of a bite of something. Don't know if I have a slip or not! Sick all the time and still over weight!

I am sorry that it has not done what you expected it to do. It does not always work out for people, and the bypass is the same way. But you have lost alot of weight it looks like. So it did help you lose. Hope things get better for you.

i second screeden

Where any of your fills or unfills done Fluorscopic? I think that would give you some idea of what is going on. You have lost at least 69lbs. but being sick all the time is not the way it should work. It might be time for your doc to do some test. Upper GI would show if there is a problem with the band. I am now at 5.5 cc after a fill 2 weeks ago. I have never had a problem with hunger, so I am now being told I don't eat enough to loose weight. :o Since the fill most days I don't feel like my tummy is open for business. I just don't want anything, I am bloated often without having anything but Water in the AM. Almost 3 years and I had expected to at least hit the goal I set for myself; I wasn't going to try to hit what I was at 20. I am happy about the weight lost, but I am stil unhealthy overweight.

Get some test or at least have a heart to heart with the doctor.

I am sorry that it has not done what you expected it to do. It does not always work out for people, and the bypass is the same way. But you have lost alot of weight it looks like. So it did help you lose. Hope things get better for you.

yeah I lost but I gain 30lbs back now....and I only lost from being sick all the time. I might as well just be bulimic!

Had my surgery in Mexico so now all I have is a dr. to fills...no one to help me with problems or issues etc!

Sorry to hear that. I am newly banded as of 8/19/11 so I can not offer advice in regards to your weightloss and sickness troubles :(

Where are u located at? There are dr's that u can go to that can help u with your band even though they were not your surgeon. I agree that u should have it looked at under fluoroscopy. It's like a real time X-ray. They will be able to see your band and the amount of restriction u have by giving u some chalky stuff to drink and seeing how it flows to your stomach. Hope things get better for you :)

This is the second thread about the not liking the band and both were done in Mexico. I dont mean to be cruel, just an observation, but it seems like people that have had their surgeries in Mexico have a harder time post op. Maybe because they dont have the support they need closer to home.

Im sure there are tons of people out there that have had grest success with it done in Mexico, but It just seems like I read alot of failures done from there.

Im so sorry that you are having problems and hope you can get to the place you need to be to make this work. Good luck!

why dont you give the band a chance instead of complaining && possibly discouraging others from surgery there's always a 50/50 chance with surgery in mexico seriously a hit && miss some reviews are good some are bad you should have went to a center of excellence to ensure quality care ihope you succeed with your weightloss best of luck<3

why dont you give the band a chance instead of complaining && possibly discouraging others from surgery there's always a 50/50 chance with surgery in Mexico seriously a hit && miss some reviews are good some are bad you should have went to a center of excellence to ensure quality care ihope you succeed with your weightloss best of luck<3

Back up, remember we are here for support, to get and give. People make choices based on their life. Maybe cost drove her choice, no matter what it was she is now looking to us who struggle with the same issues she has now to help her work through it.

Yes, there are some things she can try that might help her get on track. So many things can affect your weight loss. When the outside temps are high I don't want to eat, I feel tighter and last year had to get an unfill because I didn't understand it. If youy don't drink enough Water you don't loose. Research here might give her some of the tools she needs, I know it helps me.

Yes, its true how even the weather can affect our bands as much as food can. Its an everday struggle learning to live with this thing. I didnt mean to start anything bad about surgeries in Mexico. I just wish they had more support (medical wise) after the surgery where they live to elp tem. I cant imagine trying to do this without my surgeons office.

again good luck to you!!

nite run your right im not trying to be rude but im being honest surgery is no quick fix && I do not know her particular situation as to why she went to Mexico but people who go there have more complications generally

hopetolose your so right it could be hard having to travel to && from Mexico imagine if it was a emergency

I am new here and not yet banded so I cannot speak on personal experience but what I will say is regardless of where the surgery took place Kat is now here and in this situation and needs to find answers. Criticism is counter-productive to her situation. And based on Kat's signature she has given the band a chance. She was banded in 2008 but that is not even the issue here.

I think Nitrun has offered some very sound advice. Set aside where the surgery was performed and focus purely on the symptoms and find a new Doctor now who is willing to invest time and perform the needed testing/x-rays to help you.

That in itself might be the problem. Finding a good surgeon that will help after someone else has done the surgery that is near to wherw she lives.

It sounds like the people she has been working with hasnt been helping her like they should. Maybe we can do a shout out to anyone that lives in her area that might know someone good, so she wont have to travel so far to get some help.

I was not banded in Mexico and I to dislike my band, being told to do all the things I have been doing, eat slow, small bites, stop drinking 30 mins before eating and STILL i get sick, I to am a bulimic, well really a llama, as I SPIT when I get sick than puke....

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS DOES NOT WORK, what I am saying is...I WISH MY DOCTOR HAD FULLY EXPLAIND to me, I am working out 2 times a day from swimming to spin class, and I am doing ok, but everytime I gear away from protien drinks to food I get sick, the band is not to tight as my doctor told me it wasent.........I disagree

We all have opinions on this subject and for some it works great, others it stinks......so please dont yell when you know nothing about living with a cup to puke in and following all the damn rules.....