Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! I was banded on Tuesday 8/23 had and continue to have painful gas. I'm afraid it will not subside for a few more weeks. I didn't realize that the stomach was blown up for the procedure so that gas lingers in the body and possibly resorbed through the intestines (?) not sure but painful as heck.

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Im craving deli sandwiches on french rolls and all the other stuff that I shouldnt have right now or probably never will. Are there any of you out there that had the same issues as me?

Also, kind of bummed because I just recently found out one of our family friends had lap band and had it removed and gained a hell of a lot of weight back. I dont want to be that statistic so now Im kinda turned off by the whole lapband deal. My dr. recommended vsg but honestly I was deathly afraid of going that route. At what point did some of you feel like there were no restrictions ? I guess this liquid diet is the pits for a very hungry girl.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Hello all! I was banded on Tuesday 8/23 had and continue to have painful gas. I'm afraid it will not subside for a few more weeks. I didn't realize that the stomach was blown up for the procedure so that gas lingers in the body and possibly resorbed through the intestines (?) not sure but painful as heck.

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Im craving deli sandwiches on french rolls and all the other stuff that I shouldnt have right now or probably never will. Are there any of you out there that had the same issues as me?

Also, kind of bummed because I just recently found out one of our family friends had lap band and had it removed and gained a hell of a lot of weight back. I dont want to be that statistic so now Im kinda turned off by the whole lapband deal. My dr. recommended vsg but honestly I was deathly afraid of going that route. At what point did some of you feel like there were no restrictions ? I guess this liquid diet is the pits for a very hungry girl.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

I was banded yesterday. I am totally looking forward to adding in mushy stuff. What does your post op diet look like? I can't have Jello or creamy Soups until tomorrow. Then in likw 5 days I can add in oatmeal or cream of wheat or mashed potatoes. I want some creamy Soup right now so bad just to have something on my stomach. I see that some people are allowed to have that stuff right off the bat. Why did your friend have to have the band removed?

Congrats on your new journey. The gas pains will subside soon, i know they hurt. Try the Mylanta gas chewables, they really do help alot. Do Not drink through a straw, makes the gas worse, i found that out the hard way. Also concentrate on one week at a time. I do miss the deep dish pizza, fried foods, but i know that they are not good for me and are what got me to the point i was before the lapband. You have a new tool to help you, it won't do the work for you, you have to do the work too, through diet and exercise. It is like any other healthy diet, you don't eat right it is not going to work. And there are times it does not help anyone at all, and the bypass is the same way. You can do this! I choose the lapband because I did not want the complications that the bypass has and i want to be there for my kids and be healthy and live a long life. I am now down 32 lbs had it done 4 months ago and do not regret one thing about it!

Also, the first 2 weeks is called "bander's hell" and it is true to its name. Creamy Soups never tasted so good until i was able to have them. Love me some mashed potatoes :)

I was banded yesterday. I am totally looking forward to adding in mushy stuff. What does your post op diet look like? I can't have Jello or creamy Soups until tomorrow. Then in likw 5 days I can add in oatmeal or cream of wheat or mashed potatoes. I want some creamy Soup right now so bad just to have something on my stomach. I see that some people are allowed to have that stuff right off the bat. Why did your friend have to have the band removed?

Hey congrats! My post op diet consists of clear fluids such as crystal light, tea,broth, Water ,sugar free Jello, sugar free kool aid and sugar free frozen fruit pops and Protein shakes.

Honestly I'm sick of the sweets and I want consistency. Yesterday I added 3/4 of a banana and I should not have. I didnt find out I was not supposed to do this until hours later.but my body was starving. The nurse said we are nursing the stitches and we dont want the band to slip.I had about 4 ounces and threw out the rest. I hear you! You want consistency or something of consistency in your stomach. Hang in there!

In 2 weeks I can have cream of wheat. The nurse took oatmeal of the list because it expands in the stomach(?) But that alone sounds good right now too!!!

I guess all doctors are different.

I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein sample packets which i do not like. I added the unflavored protein pack to my broth last night. It wasnt bad because it blended in. I guess the protein made me feel a little more satisfied. I been eating a lot of the sugar free pops but really I want what my husband is cooking for himself and the kids; bbq and sauteed etc. and this is today because yesterday he made a big Breakfast and the smell made me feel nauseous.

Our friend had his band removed due to slippage and he is larger than he was before he had lapband. Its dissapointing! my mom had to remind me yesterday about his mishap so that bummed me out! Hang in there and good luck! Oh yeah had my first shower last night since I got banded and the warmth felt really good on the body!

Congrats on your new journey. The gas pains will subside soon, i know they hurt. Try the Mylanta gas chewables, they really do help alot. Do Not drink through a straw, makes the gas worse, i found that out the hard way. Also concentrate on one week at a time. I do miss the deep dish pizza, fried foods, but i know that they are not good for me and are what got me to the point i was before the lapband. You have a new tool to help you, it won't do the work for you, you have to do the work too, through diet and exercise. It is like any other healthy diet, you don't eat right it is not going to work. And there are times it does not help anyone at all, and the bypass is the same way. You can do this! I choose the lapband because I did not want the complications that the bypass has and i want to be there for my kids and be healthy and live a long life. I am now down 32 lbs had it done 4 months ago and do not regret one thing about it!

Thanks for the encouraging words! do u recall starting mushies at week 2?

You must use some gas relief to help the gas subside. I bought a small box of gas x strips. It came with 18 and I thought i was going to eat the whole box. I was so wrong. The gas completely went away in about 2 days. When we are early out from the surgery and we feel like crap......its only natural for us to think we made the wrong decisions. Just follow the doc's orders and listen to your body and you will be fine!