Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with terraible skin rashes

I won't be having my surgery until November (really frustrated by the wait!), but I wanted to put my 2 cents in and hopefully, help some of you! For many years, since I've gained weight, I have suffered with awful rashes (maybe even yeast infections) under my stomach where skin touches skin. I also get rashes in my groin area and sometimes under my breast. For years I have used one product that clears it up fast. -- really fast! It is Gold Bond powder (not the cream). Recently, while in the dollar store, I saw a copycat of Gold Bond and decided to try it -- and it worked great! I know that many of you have this problem and I hope you try it. Let me know how it works for you. Lynne

Thanks so much I am gonna try it I get horrible rashes and they drive.me nuts!

Don't forget to document your rashes with pictures and doctor visits. It could help persuade insurance to pay for TT as a medical necessity when the time comes.

Robbie

And yes, it is yeast. Also in the past I've used deodorant around my belly button (not when there is broken skin!), no I am not kidding. Also neosporin at times which aslo works but is slimy - er. Especially after I had my appendics removed. They had to reconstruct my belly button and neosporin daily until the skin healed was the only thing that worked. After the neosporin worked I used deodorant on it for a couple of weeks to stop the sweating and it's been all good since. May not work for everyone but it worked for me.

This is a Oldie from my Doc since I was a kid (long time ago..) but,,, it works.

You will use NOXSEMA MEDICATED SKIN CREAM. It's for chafed skin.

Wash the area with soap, and Water, then rinse.

Pat dry with a towel don't rub you could split the skin.

Then rub in Generously the skin cream. Your skin will soak this in, so reapply.

Repeat every day till gone.

Then Dust with a dusting pad. If you get it real bad, use ZEASORP POWDER to dust with.

Go to the Dollar Store and buy a Dusting Pad, and a container to keep it in.

Then your good to go.

For me,,,, 2-3 days, and totally gone.

Yes take pictures, and document when this happens.

If you go to your PCP, and it is documented, he/she will also prescribe something for it

This is a Oldie from my Doc since I was a kid (long time ago..) but,,, it works.

You will use NOXSEMA MEDICATED SKIN CREAM. It's for chafed skin.

Wash the area with soap, and Water, then rinse.

Pat dry with a towel don't rub you could split the skin.

Then rub in Generously the skin cream. Your skin will soak this in, so reapply.

Repeat every day till gone.

Then Dust with a dusting pad. If you get it real bad, use ZEASORP POWDER to dust with.

Go to the Dollar Store and buy a Dusting Pad, and a container to keep it in.

Then your good to go.

For me,,,, 2-3 days, and totally gone.

Yes take pictures, and document when this happens.

If you go to your PCP, and it is documented, he/she will also prescribe something for it

I'm glad tha the Noxema worked for you, but, this is so easy and works quickly. When I have a rash, I simply pat it dry and apply a generous amount of Gold Bond over the rash. If I put it on in the evening, it is gone by the morning. Those rashes really can hurt and this is my miracle cure!! So easy! So good!

Yep the Noxema is a oldie but a goodie, and the cream that Dr.,s give out on this.... It's gone the next day unless it's really bad. But I don't let it get that far anymore.

Glad you have a solution to the problem.

I won't be having my surgery until November (really frustrated by the wait!), but I wanted to put my 2 cents in and hopefully, help some of you! For many years, since I've gained weight, I have suffered with awful rashes (maybe even yeast infections) under my stomach where skin touches skin. I also get rashes in my groin area and sometimes under my breast. For years I have used one product that clears it up fast. -- really fast! It is Gold Bond powder (not the cream). Recently, while in the dollar store, I saw a copycat of Gold Bond and decided to try it -- and it worked great! I know that many of you have this problem and I hope you try it. Let me know how it works for you. Lynne

i get them also,but i went to my doctor and got a antibiotic ointment that clears it right up,but then its back again a few days later

If it is a fungal rash the worst thing you could do is give it moisture because yeast loves moisture and darkness. I would dry it well and use gold bond or even cornstarch to keep it dry. I dont get rashes anymore since I put deodorant under there but I dont have an excessive hang but the deodorant keeps it from getting sweaty and keeps it dry.

If it is a fungal rash the worst thing you could do is give it moisture because yeast loves moisture and darkness. I would dry it well and use gold bond or even cornstarch to keep it dry. I dont get rashes anymore since I put deodorant under there but I dont have an excessive hang but the deodorant keeps it from getting sweaty and keeps it dry.

The idea was to wash away the bacteria or yeast so it doesn't spread. Then dry it ! Some people even use a hair blower to dry the area.

But yes if washed and dried daily, and then medicated.. It will go away!

That is not just Water down there, it is from sweat, perspiration. So it needs to be washed, and dried.