Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone going tomorrow to the Md think I will be starting the Preop. Surgery the 14th. I have MS and fell the other day breaking my ankle and foot. Because of the Hurricane we had, my Mds elevator doesn't work. Not sure how I will get up 2 flights of stairs but I don't want to postpone my appt because then everything will probably be pushed further and I want this over so I can get on my way to a healthier me. Luckily he said the breaks won't postpone the surgery as long as I can make my appt. UGH !

Will keep you in my prayers! I know how it is...you don't want anything or anyone to get in your way of your surgery date! Mine is Sept. 29th, and I just caught a bad cold from the rest of my family. I'm going to have to watch it closely because it usually turns into bronchitis with me. Can't be sick on surgery day!!! I hope you get up those 2 lights of stairs tomorrow. I'd sit on my butt and go up if everything else failed. Ha, ha!! Take care!

Don't worry you are almost there :D

I'm getting banded in 20 hours. I'm pretty nervous.

My sister-in-law will be taking me because It's my right foot so I can't drive which in itself is killing me. I think I will let her take my walker up to the top then I will try and get up as far as I can with a crutch praying that they at least have railings ! Most likely will end up on my butt like you suggested by the time I get to the second flight. I WILL NOT MISS THIS APPOINTMENT !!! The hard part is going to be coming back down me and gravity don't get along. At least what ever happens on the way out I will have gotten in !! YEAH I hope your cold doesn't turn into anything worse take care and drink hot tea with lemon and honey. Good Luck

Will keep you in my prayers! I know how it is...you don't want anything or anyone to get in your way of your surgery date! Mine is Sept. 29th, and I just caught a bad cold from the rest of my family. I'm going to have to watch it closely because it usually turns into bronchitis with me. Can't be sick on surgery day!!! I hope you get up those 2 lights of stairs tomorrow. I'd sit on my butt and go up if everything else failed. Ha, ha!! Take care!

My sister-in-law will be taking me because It's my right foot so I can't drive which in itself is killing me. I think I will let her take my walker up to the top then I will try and get up as far as I can with a crutch praying that they at least have railings ! Most likely will end up on my butt like you suggested by the time I get to the second flight. I WILL NOT MISS THIS APPOINTMENT !!! The hard part is going to be coming back down me and gravity don't get along. At least what ever happens on the way out I will have gotten in !! YEAH I hope your cold doesn't turn into anything worse take care and drink hot tea with lemon and honey. Good Luck

I don't blame you one bit. You're going to get up those steps with flying colors! I also know what you mean about coming down the steps. My husband calls me "Grace" because I seem to fall a lot. Just be very careful! And thanks for the tip on the hot tea with lemon and honey. Will do! Let me know how it goes tomorrow. Prayers are going up for you!

Peg

Thanks will let you know how it turns out tomorrow. My appt is 8:15 AM Sooo early I'm not a great morning person as it is when I'm doing good. We'll see how it goes and I'll let you know it should be very interestingunsure.gif

Hi everyone going tomorrow to the Md think I will be starting the Preop. Surgery the 14th. I have MS and fell the other day breaking my ankle and foot. Because of the Hurricane we had, my Mds elevator doesn't work. Not sure how I will get up 2 flights of stairs but I don't want to postpone my appt because then everything will probably be pushed further and I want this over so I can get on my way to a healthier me. Luckily he said the breaks won't postpone the surgery as long as I can make my appt. UGH !

I am so sorry to hear about your fall! With determination you will make it to that appt! Maybe by tomorrow the elevator will be back up and running :). This is all such a long process that I hear ya on not wanting anything to put the dates off! I did my pre-op stuff yesterday and I was so scared some lab or test or something would come back bad and I would have to postpone it. Luckily everything is all good so I am good to go! Just stay positive and you will find a way to get up there :0). Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

Thank you for your good wishes ! They had a cancellation for the afternoon that I could have taken but my ride could only go in the morning. IT might not be a pretty site but I will get my A-- up those steps no matter what. Congratulations on all your results it's a good feeling to finally be cleared and ready to go. Since he said my broken foot and ankle doesn't matter Im good to go too I think.

l

I am so sorry to hear about your fall! With determination you will make it to that appt! Maybe by tomorrow the elevator will be back up and running :). This is all such a long process that I hear ya on not wanting anything to put the dates off! I did my pre-op stuff yesterday and I was so scared some lab or test or something would come back bad and I would have to postpone it. Luckily everything is all good so I am good to go! Just stay positive and you will find a way to get up there :0). Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

I am also gettting banded tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital at 6:45am. good luck to you.biggrin.gif

Good luck! Let us know how you are doing.

Good luck to all getting their band tomorrow and Friday! I'm going on vacation but will keep my thoughts with you.

I have a question for the rest. I got my final clearance from the surgeon today - yeah!! Although I'm excited, I got a little nervous, as he said my liver function tests were slightly elevated, so he's going to do a liver tipsy at the same time. Does anyone know what this could mean? Should I be afraid? Will it cause more pain? I'm only scheduled to be off work for 2 days - Thursday and Friday, back to work on Monday. Should I request addl time? I have some available! I wasn't scared at all, but I am now. Ps - I don't drink more than three or four drinks a year!

Good luck to all getting their band tomorrow and Friday! I'm going on vacation but will keep my thoughts with you.

I have a question for the rest. I got my final clearance from the surgeon today - yeah!! Although I'm excited, I got a little nervous, as he said my liver function tests were slightly elevated, so he's going to do a liver tipsy at the same time. Does anyone know what this could mean? Should I be afraid? Will it cause more pain? I'm only scheduled to be off work for 2 days - Thursday and Friday, back to work on Monday. Should I request addl time? I have some available! I wasn't scared at all, but I am now. Ps - I don't drink more than three or four drinks a year!

I have never heard of a tipsy liver before...... I understard the being nervous though. I got the final clearance and pre-op stuff and when the surgeon said he will see me on the 12th it was sort of surreal. He also said my upper GI showed a hiatal hernia and he is going to fix that while he is in there so that made me a little nervous too that he is doing something else while he is in there, so I understand. It must be something minor if he said he can just fix it while he is in there. Good luck! Dawn

Hello everyone. I am so excited. I get banded on Friday Sept. 2. It seems like it has taken a long time to get here. I am nervious about how I will feel after the surgery. I would like to wish everyone luck. Here's to thinner and more healthy Sept. bandsters.

Hello all!

I have check-in in 10 and a half hours... getting so nervous and excited!!! I can't wait!

Sorry - smart phone corrected me when it shouldn't have. He's doing a liver biopsy. I did not have a gi, but he did say that he'd fix it if he found one. He said it was pretty common, and thinks there is a good chance he'll find one.

I have never heard of a tipsy liver before...... I understard the being nervous though. I got the final clearance and pre-op stuff and when the surgeon said he will see me on the 12th it was sort of surreal. He also said my upper GI showed a hiatal hernia and he is going to fix that while he is in there so that made me a little nervous too that he is doing something else while he is in there, so I understand. It must be something minor if he said he can just fix it while he is in there. Good luck! Dawn

I know how that is. My pcd has said my liver functions were elevated - due to a fatty liver - but I expect that to change with healthier eating habits. So this could just be a result of that.

As for the hernia, my doc says that 90% of the patients he bands have a hernia that needs to be repaired and they don't even know it. So I guess it's quite common.

GOOD LUCK to everyone being banded today! Let us know how you are doing!

Sorry - smart phone corrected me when it shouldn't have. He's doing a liver biopsy. I did not have a gi, but he did say that he'd fix it if he found one. He said it was pretty common, and thinks there is a good chance he'll find one.

Hi fellow September bandsters! I am super excited to do all my pre-op stuff tomorrow and surgery on the 12th, 2 weeks! I am however getting annoyed at so many people that are so negative about the band... I was at the dentist and one of my molars is cracked from grinding my teeth but I told him I can't wear my night guard because of the CPAP mask I have to wear. I didn't know I had 'mild' apnea before all this testing and he was trying to sell me on the zone diet and almost begging me not to do the lap-band. Then he compared it to someone he knew that died from gastric bypass. Um, hello, not exactly the same thing but I can't really argue when my mouth is wide open for my exam, lol. My mother-in-law has been saying it is such a bad decision because, again, her sister had really bad problems after bypass! She is even telling my sis-in-law what a bad mistake I am making. Her opinion doesn't matter to me one way or the other but it is just irratating especially when you haven't done the research and don't really know what you are talking about. Have you guys run into any of those negative nellies?

Negative Nellies abound. When I do tell someone about the surgery i have planned, I usually say that I don't want to hear about their opinions and that I've researched and have looked at the pros and cons. I ended my Facebook note with: "I know some of you will be of the opinion that this isn't necessary; that all I need to do is what a friend of yours has done. Look at the stats. The percentage of people who diet AND loose all the weight AND keep it off is not high. My aging body needs to loose now while I'm still young enough to enjoy the freedom and ease of movement. :-)"

Sometimes you just have to head off the comments by holding firm to the research you've done and your life situation.