Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update... Worst week ever. (Long)

Well, here is an update . My Band was slipped.

It all started last Sunday, the 23rd. We went out to dinner to Celebrate my birthday at The Cheesecake Factory. My first time ever going there and I was very excited. Well, barely into the appetizer I got stuck. I went to the bathroom and PB'd. After several trips, I realized that I couldn't seem to get "unstuck". Later that night, I was throwing up clear Fluid with the stomach acid taste that doesn't usually come with a pb.

The next day I woke up able to take in some liquids. I stayed on liquids until Tuesday night. Once again we went out to eat ( we eat out often, obviously) I got stuck on the first bite of salad. I NEVER get stuck on salad. Needless to say, I boxed everything up to go home and add to the styrofoam collection already in the fridge. I didn't eat until the following night I was able to keep down a tiny amount of leftover mushy salad. I know it sounds gross, but keep in mind I hadn't eaten anything since Sunday Afternoon.

When I woke up on Thursday I stayed with liquids. I kept liquids til Saturday evening. I had dinner plans with friends and I felt my "swelling" had gone down. WRONGO! From that moment on I was unable to keep anything at all down, including Water and my own saliva. Everytime I swallowed my own spit my stomach would cramp up so bad, like a contraction. I was throwing up every 20 minutes or so.. and at night waking up every hour to vomit acid and saliva. This continued on through Monday afternoon when I finally found someone in my area to see me. Nobody wants to touch a Mexico patient with a ten foot pole around here. So finally, I got a local Doctor to see me, I think my outright bawling on the phone convinced them. ( Look, after almost 4 days without even a drop of water and in constant pain.. well it makes you weak mentally.)

I saw Dr. Martin later Monday afternoon, she was a sight for sore eyes. I wanted to just cry when I saw her because I knew she could help me. She was awesome, she was so nice and didn't treat me like sh*t because I was banded in Mx. She unfilled my band and had me drink water and wait to make sure I kept it down, and I did. She thinks that the unfill will fix the bands placement, and I go back in a month for an upper GI and from there we will see if I get a fill, or if I need something fixed. She treated me like I was her patient, and now I am. She asked me if I wanted her to take me on as a permanent patient. I agreed instantly. She also told me that if the unfill didn't help that she was going to admit me, because I was visibly very dehydrated.

Anyways, I am doing better, on liquids and fill-less. I still have a great amount of restriction due to the swelling. I am not really worried about not being filled right now. This week was so bad that I am almost relieved to have a break. But the good news is.. I am down to 208!! Now the plan is to maintain until my next fill. That will be a challenge I'm sure.

Wow that is terrible. I am so glad that you found this wonderful Dr. She sounds great! It is so true that something good comes out of something bad.

Feel better.

Thanks for the update Angie, I've been thinking about you.

Sounds like a great doctor.

Take it easy

Angie i'm so glad you found a Dr. thats really cares and was willing to help you!! I hope all goes well with the unfill and that your band will be back in place and fine from here on out!!

It makes me feel good when people get answers. I'm glad you went to the doc and are on your way back to feeling better. Yesterday my goofy (yeah, you know who you are) banded friend called me from the mountains because she was feeling really ill. I yelled at her to call her doctor, not a paralegal/sex goddess (snort.) Glad you're taken care of ;)

So glad that you found someone close that really cares about your well being. Give that belly of yours a "pat" and tell it to behave! Take care, Shawn

wow thats quite an ordeal! i know all to well how not a drink of Water or even your own saliva will make you mentally weak. i have done the exact same thing and had to BEG for a dr to see me and i was a US patient.

your new dr sound super nice and WHAT!?! has education on the band! AWESOME. please let us know how the endo goes.

I was wondering if you were okay! Glad you found a nice doc! Now behave young lady! We want this slip to fix itself!!! Oh yeah..... Congrats on the 208 lbs!!!!

That sounds awful - I would've been crying way before day four. Don't worry about not having a fill, there's nothing wrong with taking a break. Drink those fluids and feel better soon! ;)

I am glad that you know what the problem is. From what I have read most slips fix themselves after being unfilled. You have done great with the weightloss! You go! I am sure that when you go back next month your band will be back in place! BIg HUGSSSSS!

So glad you are better! Take it easy with your tummy for awhile! Can I ask why you didn't go to an emergency room? If it had been me, that is exactly what I would have done...they cannot turn you away by law...or at least that is the way it is here in Arkansas. Of course the wait might be long but you were waiting anyway. I am so glad you have a great doctor who will take care of you now! Hang in!

Congrats on the weight loss & new doctor... and good luck on the slip. Hopefully it slips right back down!!

((( HUGS!! )))

STAY on liquids for as long as your doc said to...you don't want another slip and have to have surgery to repair this one. WTG with the new doc. Is she a Band doc? or a WL surgeon?

I'm so glad you are on the mend, Angie. You posted "I think I'm slipped" and you were right! You did all the right things, sticking to liquids for that hell week! You are a good bandster! Hang in there. You are soooo close to Onederland! It feels so wonderful to see 190-something on the scale for the first time in a looooong time. You can do it!

((((HUGS))))