Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hey...good news I had surgery and am feeling great. I got home at around 3:30 today and have not even use the pain meds. I feel a little discomfort, but thats it. The gas pains are totally uncomfortable but some chewable gas-X have really helped out. So far so good...we'll see how good the night and tomorrow is. Just wanted to let you all know, that I was a lot more scared than I needed to be. I did have to have 6 inscisions...which I thought I would only have 5, but oh well. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Hey everyone, to those who've had surgery: congratulations! To those going in tomorrow, including myself: We can do it!!! To those with later surgery dates: I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks to this wonderful board! I honestly don't think I could have gotten to this point without you all!

Hey guys....Good luck and congrats to those who got banded today!! Well, I am still feeling pretty good. I haven't had to take pain meds yet just Gas-X. I did have rough night sleeping though. I ended up having to sleep in the reclyner. I woke up about every hour kinda hurting and in discomfort. After I switched to the reclyner I was pretty good. I plan on working a half day tomorrow...so far so good, but we will see!!! Everyone let me know how it went with the bandings today!

Congrats to those who just got banded or are about to get banded! WAY TO GO!!!

Stacey - I slept in a recliner for about a week. I just got back into my regular bed about two nights ago. Mostly because of my port...just felt too weird and hurt too much to sleep laying down flat. Keep up the good work! You are a rock star!!! I can't believe you are on no pain meds! You go girl! I am a big whimp and was on meds for 4 days after surgery...only once a day though!

Mikey and JanetC - thanks for the info. I may give his office a call to see if he allows outside patients to join the support groups. That sounds like it would be a great help. I have everyone on here, but it sure would be nice to see people face to face!

Hi to everyone else! Sounds like we are all doing well.

Anyone having hunger issues? I am!!!!!

Seems like I am hungry all the time! I was so hoping it wouldn't be this way. But, I am sticking right to my dr's plan. Post op is next week, so we shall see what he says!

I hope you all have a great day!

Hi Janet,

Yes - I got banded on the 15th also - down 9 lbs.My doctor did not have me do the pre-op liquid - so I actually gained 2 lbs before the surgery. :P

But - at least I am going the right way now.

My doctor has me on 1st week clear fluids - end today - thank god. Then 1 week full fluids - can not wait for cream of mushroom Soup - strained. The 1 week soft/mushies - the solids.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Diane

278/269/150

Hello Fellow February Bandsters, congrats to those recently banded... you really amaze me... going back to work the day after!!!! Wow!!! It has taken me quite some time to get used to my port site... it bulges out just slightly... is that normal??? It was hard to get comfortable with at first, but we are acclamating well now. I also could not wear a bra for the first week and a half because of my incisions. Ever since I took my stitches out my incisions are healing beautifully and I can finally wear the bra again!!! Thank goodness! I also would like to recommend using Maderma for the scars where the incisions were. It is really helping them disappear! Good luck to all and keep in touch. Michele

Good morning all

Thanks to everyone kinds words. I have 6 more days on the liquids.....sigh! I am wondering how it is going to feel to eat again, I have heard some horrible stories of pressure and things gettin stuck.

WOW going back to the day after.......it took me two weeks to go back and I am still not 100%.

I havent been on a scale since my first office visit after the banding, I dont want to become a scale watcher, does anyone else feel that way?

You guys have been great to me, thanks!

Tammy

Hey feb bandsters....ok...so I am going to try some mashed potatoes today for lunch!! Hopefully they will go down ok.. The doc said I could do soft mushy foods 3 days out after surgery and then days 7-14 start on some heavier foods like tuna or finely chopped chicken. I am excited about eating real food today. I had all the Wong-ton (spelt right?) broth I could eat, it was good...but enough is enough!!! So I am going in to work in about an hour...1/2 day. I feel a little sore, my back hurts the worse from sleeping in that damn recliner. O'well...hope everyone is going good and I will check in later!!

Love and Laughs,

HI

I was banded on the 17th Feb, in Belguim with Dr Dillemans.

The band I have is Heliogast

12lbs lost upto today:clap2:

Angie

Wow, everyone's doing so well, I'm proud of us!! :scared:

I'm back at work today, sorta, lol. I work at home, so I get to baby myself a LOT. I'm half-heartedly working... probably won't bill too many hours, lol. Oh well. It's a start!

Our doctor did the post-op diet really strangely. We add 1 "food" every 2 days. It's bizarre, but I guess it works. We always have something to look forward to. First it was just broth... then broth & juice... then broth, juice & Protein drinks... then... you get the idea. :Banane21:

We're up to mashed potatoes with cream Soup. Oh my goodness it rocks!!

The gas pain is the worst. I have problems burping (have never been able to do it), so I seem to be suffering more than Mikey (GRR!!!!). Gas-X is our friend!

We had our post-op appt yesterday. Mikey's lost a ton! I'm really trying to not watch the scale, though I'll update the spreadsheet. But I don't want to replace my food addiction with a scale addiction. We'll see how long that lasts! :welldone2:

Oh well, I'll go update our stats & get back to work. Glad you're all doing well & keep updating! :Banane10:

Hello all!

Like Janet said, I am SO proud of all of us! We are all doing great!

Funny how each Dr. has different post op "rules". I was on clear broth for three days post surgery. Now I am on full liquids: Protein drinks, oatmeal, creamy Soups, etc. for FIVE weeks!

I can't wait for mushy foods! Mashed potatoes sounds like heaven right now! Or cottage cheese...oh that sounds good!

Ok, I am really not craving much...even though it sounds like it! I just get hungry. Probably because I am back at work full time and running around like crazy!

Tammy - I am afraid of becoming a scale watcher too. I weighed myself every day the first week. So far only two days this week, but we are only 3 days into the week! EECK! My goal is to go a whole week without weighing.

:help: :faint: :omg: :heh: I will need help with that one!

I hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the great work!

Hey Y'All...

Just checking in. I haven't lost an ounce since my surgery two weeks ago - BUT, I had lost like 16 lbs on the pre-op diet - and my measurements are just starting to catch up. It seems the rolls of fat on my back are diminishing - and I can't tell you how exciting THAT is.

I am wearing some clothes that I couldn't fit into last month - yay for happy wardrobe! So, scale Victories: 0. NSV's: Measurements/clothing fits. Additional energy to get up and move around.

I will do my "Official" measurements after March 1 - and update with the actual "inches lost" figure then. Hopefully, I will actually lose a pound or two, also!!

:]

Hi everyone-

I'm home and banded! I feel very sore, more sore than I anticipated but I'm sure it will get better each day!

I'll be back on line tomorrow.

Hey Julie!! Congrats!

Tammy - girl, you gotta get some food in you. Fat Girls cannot live by Water & Vitamins, alone... Is it just that the Protein drinks pass thru too fast?

My doc told me to take some immodium or something if that was an issue. If it's just cause their yucky - try a different one... I get one called Six Star at Walmart that is pretty doable - especially if you blend it up with some coffee and splenda.

Good Luck - and if you start to feel poorly from lack of food, call your doc and tell him. Maybe there is some solution. We can't have you fainting on the roadways or anything...

Hugs!