Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hi! I had mine done on the 1st and am down 8 pounds so far. Had it done by Dr Stephen Marshal with Peoria Surgical Group, IL

Just had my surgery 2/13 with Dr. Jones at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston Mass. Too sore to get up and weigh myself yet lol.

Hi everyone!

Doing great here! Had surgery last Thursday and I am down 10.5 so far!

It is wonderful to see all of us doing so well!

Ok, I guess I'll play secretary. Post your day of surgery, surgeon's name & location (if you want), and any weight loss so far & I'll add you to the list. :) I've seen it done for other months, can't let 'em show us up! :paranoid

As you have more weight lost, post it & I'll update. And when you have fills, if you want to share that, please feel free. That way we can track how others on the February timeline are doing. :Banane40:

If you'd prefer to see a spread sheet (yeah, I've got too much time on my hands, lol): http://mikeycunningham.com/lbt/FebGroup.xls

Thanks guys!

Feb 1

sky56, Dr Sasse, Reno, NV

Feb 2

pugmum (Kelli), Dr. John Feng, San Francisco

tinainfortunaca (Tina), Dr John Feng, Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco (2/1 223, 2/8 215) (-8)

Feb 3

wannabelean, Dr. Huacuz, Tijuana, Mexico

Feb 6

Gadgetlady (Elisa), Dr. Brian Quebbemann, CA (-12)

ReneBean, Dr. Louis Fox, Surgery Center of Richardson TX

Feb 9

Dancer, Dr. Stephen Hamn

Feb 11th

StinaNYC (stina), Dr. Fielding, NYC (-7 pre-op diet)

Feb 13

Mikey, Dr Sewell, Southlake, TX (-13)

Feb 15

dcmoore (Diane), Dr. Simpson, Phoenix, AZ

Janet, Dr Sewell, Southlake, TX (-5)

LBdancer (Lou), Dr. Schuster, Louisville, KY

Feb 18th

asbrown (Anita), Dr. Rudolfo Sanchez, Monterrey Mexico

Feb 20

skbishop78 (Stacey) (-14)

Feb 21

Jersey Gurl (Shirley), Dr Spivak, Houston

Julie*, Dr Patrick Forgione, Burlington, VT (-3)

kaobspm2 (Kayo), Dr. Pinnar, Reston, VA

Sunta, Dr Peters, Christiana Hospital, Delaware (-3)

Feb 24

Gentlespirit, Dr. O'Brien, Sioux Falls, SD (-14.5)

Feb 27

Veritas (Kayla), Dr. Cahn, Boise, ID

Hi Janet,I finally weighed myself today..Update for tina/Feb.2nd is 203 on 2/15 down 20lbs.Thanks for doing this..It helps alot:nervous

Hey Jessi we were banded on the same day. Before I left the hospital they said I could go to stage 3 which is basically all liquids with no lumps. I don't get to the mushies stage until after my post op which is on 3/1. Good luck with your band :)

Hey Feb Bandsters....I was down another pound today..:clap2:

So that makes 16 pounds all together...since I started my pre-op. My surgery is Monday with Dr Morton in Nashville, TN. As anyone else scared as hell??? Cause I sure am!

Hey Feb Bandsters....I was down another pound today..:clap2:

So that makes 16 pounds all together...since I started my pre-op. My surgery is Monday with Dr Morton in Nashville, TN. As anyone else scared as hell??? Cause I sure am!

Hi Stacey! I has surgery 2/2 and so far down 20lbs.. 223 pre-op..it is scary..almost like post-pardom depression!!LOL!Keep up the great work!

Hi Everyone-

Wow, we are all doing great. I am down 10 pounds from last week and don't even have surgery until Tuesday. The liquid diet is hard but I'm doing it- that in itself is a miracle.

Good luck with everyone as they have their surgeries and recover.

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and was banded on 2/13/2006 with Dr. Wetherille.

This was my second banding (the first was removed after a week due to slippage) and I'm cautiously optimistic that all will work out well this time.

Down 4 pounds so far...

244/240/150-145

Hey guys I was down another 2 lbs today.....thats 18 all together! WOO-HOO!!!!! I have surgery on MOnday!!

Hi all.

Hope everyone is doing well. I just have a few more days to go until my surgery on the 21st. Still on the liquids and I am down 8lbs.

Good Luck everyone!

Kayo

Hiya Feb Bandsters!!

Sorry I went AWOL this week. Mikey got his band successfully placed on Monday & I had mine on Wed. I'm finally back in action.

I'm ashamed to say that HE was the better patient! **blush** I moan & groan about every ache & pain. He sailed through with little to no problems & keeps reminding me that I'm 2 days behind & saying that he was as whiney as I was on THIS day (yeah right, lol, I was there!) He's a sweet heart for sure. :)

Oh, I was TERRIFIED right before the surgery... during pre-op. The "stark raving mad" kind of terrified. I ended up deep-breathing with Mikey's assistance. I went to sleep before they wheeled me down the hall, lol, helped tons! ;)

Hang in there when you're scared, picture your happy place with all of us hugging you & sending you happy thoughts! The pain is really not THAT bad, and the drugs are GREAT!!

Anyway, I'm finally catching up & hopefully got everyone's everything updated.

If I missed you, let me know! :) It's great to see everyone doing so well!

Hi Janet! You guys are brave getting banded within 2 days of each other. I depended heavily on my dh to take care of me after surgery; I can't imagine if he had been recovering from something, too!

I'm happily phasing into mushy foods over the next few days, learning to take teeny bites and chew a lot more. And I'm happily down 19.2 lbs. :-)

Stay well -- happy recovery!

Hi Janet and everyone...I feel like I'm pretty much back among the living. After reading about all the easy recovery's I assumed that it would also be easy for me. I was banded on Wed. the 15th and have been in lots of pain since. Today is a little better however. My scales show that I'm down about 4 lbs - not much, but good for me I think. I'm going to just concentrate on my recovery for now and worry about losing weight after I get my first fill.

Good Luck to everyone.