Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting not to like my lap band surgeon's office!

I started the lap band process in June. I took care of all the things needed for surgery and insurance about 2-3 weeks ago. I called the insurance co. last week and they did NOT have a claim on file for me. So...I called my doctors office and they investigated and figured out that I need to sign 2 forms before calling it into the insurance...I signed both documents on Tuesday morning. I was told that they will call it into the insurance co. I called insurance co. today just to see if they show my claim...nope...nothings been called in yet. The insurance co. said that as soon as the docs office calls it will show up in their records immediately. I then called the doctors office and they told me that it takes 5days for insurance co. to see it on their computer...so I told Janice at the doctors office that I was just on the phone with the ins co. and they told me that my claim would show up right away. The lady I was working with and sent everything to (Janice) told me that she doesn't know and that now BethAnne is working on it and that I would have reach her tomorrow...

I'm tired of getting the run around! Don't they want my business?? Do they not realize that waiting for approval is a big deal! It's a life changing experience and I feel as though they do not care! I'm doing all the leg work and staying on top of them. I'm too scared to say too much or to continue checking up on them for fear of being portrayed as a b***h or a pain in the ass!

Sorry for talking your ear off and venting. Thank you for listening...I'm trying to stay positive but I am starting to get frustrated and increasingly angry. I wish I could take my business somewhere else but I do not have the strength to start this process all over again :-(

I started the lap band process in June. I took care of all the things needed for surgery and insurance about 2-3 weeks ago. I called the insurance co. last week and they did NOT have a claim on file for me. So...I called my doctors office and they investigated and figured out that I need to sign 2 forms before calling it into the insurance...I signed both documents on Tuesday morning. I was told that they will call it into the insurance co. I called insurance co. today just to see if they show my claim...nope...nothings been called in yet. The insurance co. said that as soon as the docs office calls it will show up in their records immediately. I then called the doctors office and they told me that it takes 5days for insurance co. to see it on their computer...so I told Janice at the doctors office that I was just on the phone with the ins co. and they told me that my claim would show up right away. The lady I was working with and sent everything to (Janice) told me that she doesn't know and that now BethAnne is working on it and that I would have reach her tomorrow...

I'm tired of getting the run around! Don't they want my business?? Do they not realize that waiting for approval is a big deal! It's a life changing experience and I feel as though they do not care! I'm doing all the leg work and staying on top of them. I'm too scared to say too much or to continue checking up on them for fear of being portrayed as a b***h or a pain in the ass!

Sorry for talking your ear off and venting. Thank you for listening...I'm trying to stay positive but I am starting to get frustrated and increasingly angry. I wish I could take my business somewhere else but I do not have the strength to start this process all over again :-(

Hi,

You are not being a b***h at all. I had the same problem but with my GP's office. They never sent the paper work each time I called, I had enough of this as it was holding up my op, So I called my Dr and spoke with him myself and he lit a fire under the people in his office butts.

I would say call and speak with the Dr, and let them know what is going on.

Best of luck to you.

Mary

I vote the same. Ask to speak with the physician next time.

That must be SO aggravating!!

My doctor's office has been so wonderful and helpful.

I understand you not wantingto switch at this time. Just hang in there the worse is almost over!!

I love this forum! The support is wonderful...thank you for your advice...I will give it till Monday, if nothing has been done I will ask to speak with the doctor himself. You are right NJ Girl ... the worst is almost over :-* TG

I love this forum! The support is wonderful...thank you for your advice...I will give it till Monday, if nothing has been done I will ask to speak with the doctor himself. You are right NJ Girl ... the worst is almost over :-* TG

Hang in there girl.

My fiance was having similar problems. He wanted to have the surgery in August so he got all his pre testing finished in June. When he called the surgeon's office to make sure they had everything they said they hadn't received the report from the psychologist that he had seem almost a month prior. Neither he nor his surgeon's office could get a hold of this woman for several days. Turns out she went on vacation without telling anyone...ridiculous. Needless to say that held up the whole works and now he'll have to wait several months to have the surgery. I think doctors' offices tend to forget that they are screwing with people's lives when they do things like this.

Good luck getting the doctor on the phone. Honestly, being portrayed as a b***h or a pain in the a$$ has really never bothered me. I want what I want when I want it. If you can't get anywhere on the phone go to the office. Don't leave until you're satisfied!

A little update...

I couldn't wait till Monday and so I called the office and asked for Bethanne on Friday...I was told (by Janice) that Bethanne is on vacation and will not be back until August 9th??? Janice told me that if I have any questions or problems I would have to wait for Bethanne to come back from vacation!! I told Janice that I needed to speak to the doctor immediately...she said that he was going to be in surgeries all day and he would not be able to speak with him. I told Janice that he can call me today (friday) after surgeries or over the weekend but that it is important that I speak to him soon. We hung up the phone and I felt good! Less then an hour later my phone rings and its Janice...she didn't want me to have to wait the entire weekend w/out talking to the doctor (hmmmm) so she decided to talk to him on my behalf?? Janice said that if I speak to the insurance company on Tuesday that she is sure they would have my claim on file. She said the doctor gave her permission to re-submit my claim again?? I told her that I appreciate it...that I still want to speak to the doctor and that I will call insurance co. and look forward to the good news on Tuesday!

YEAH baby! Soooooo...the doctor lit some fire under their butts, lol...thanks again for all the support and suggestions...so happy.

Yeah, it sucks but you really have to keep on top of paperwork. I had my surgery later than I originally had wanted because my doctor's office didn't send paperwork when they were supposed to. The whole process took so much longer because apparently my doctor's office doesn't know how to communicate with it's patients! It's so frustrating! Luckily my surgeon's office is EXCELLENT and was very on top of things. And insurance companies...ugh. Don't even get me started. In the medical world, you have to be your own advocate. Kudos to you for getting it done! :)