Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am all the way B. I have yet to eat bread, drink soda, or any kind of chips, candy, chocolate, nothing sweet. I have not missed this things yet. I am losing about 7 pounds a week. I also am a gym rat. I am to afraid to eat bad foods just yet lol

7 lbs a week, could you give me an example of what you eat in a day?

A Do you eat mostly healthy food with a few treats here and there?

B Do you eat all healthy food and NO treats/trigger foods until you've reached goal?

C Do you eat what you want just in smaller portions?

I'm wondering if people who do choice B and are very strict lose weight faster or if it really is calories in, calories out, so it doesn't really matter what you choose?

Although I've only been banded for not quite over 6 weeks I would have to say A and a bit of B.

Breakfast is usually fruit (strawberries, watermelon or a banana) lunch is usually a Lein Cuisine or Grilled chicken salad and dinner It's usually baked or grilled chicken or boiled shrimp or crab with salads. I love salads. This week is my first week eating beef tacos. Pre lap band I could easily put away 6 to 7 tacos and the other night when I had them I was able to eat 3. I was disappointed in myself that I ate that much!!! I'm still waiting on restriction!!

I did buy a small (lol, normal) bag of coconut m&m's and had 2 a day. First time in my life I didn't dust m&m's in one sitting.

B Do you eat all healthy food and NO treats/trigger foods until you've reached goal?

I'm wondering if people who do choice B and are very strict lose weight faster or if it really is calories in, calories out, so it doesn't really matter what you choose?

total 3 mo pre=op (# 2) havent lost but 5 lbs. I know after surgery be better.

Mostly B

I'm mostly A with a dose of C thrown in. I try to eat healthy, and luckily I really do like salads. If I don't feel strongly, I choose a healthy option. And lately I have been craving grilled fish, so I know that my tastes are evolving.

But the only weight loss that has ever worked for me long term doesn't leave me feeling deprived. If I really want something and continually deny myself, I end up miserable or binging (and chips & salsa are a slider food for me so I could binge with the band). But I've figured out a way to balance healthy choices for most meals with the occasional indulgent snack in small portions. And maybe once every week or two, I'll really want something that I know is high in fat and calories. But I've found that I can have Indian food and Mexican food and wine in smallish portions without slowing my weight loss. I couldn't have it every day, but I love that I can still have the variety.

The one exception is bread. I would love to indulge that craving every once in a while, but aside from a nibble of crust, I just can't tolerate it at all.

I would say I'm mostly C with a dash of A :) My choices r much healthier now.... I just don't look @ food like I used to!

I would have to pick C. I eat just about anything I want to except things that have a lot of bread. It just won't go down. I can't eat burgers. I can't eat pot roast. I can't eat sandwiches. Other than that, I eat pretty much what I want to, just a lot less of it than I used to. biggrin.gif

B or C I guess. I'm 1 year out, down 98 lbs. So far, due to work and life in general, exercise hasn't played a factor in the weight loss. I don't eat bread, rice, Pasta or have anything to drink but Water and sometimes tea. Breakfast is usually Carnation instant breakfast because nothing really wants to go down at 5am. Around 9am I have a banana. Usually lunch is Wendy's chili or lunchmeat and cheese, chicken breast, etc. Dinne is whatever I fix for my family. Last night it was salad, rotissiere chicken and bread sticks. I managed 5 bites of salad and 4 bites of chicken before the lettuce got stuck (typical when i try to eat salad). I never deprive myself from "junk food". We're all food addicts, we're surrounded by food every day and its NOT gonna go away. We have to learn how to have a little and be satisfied. Those that just avoid "the bad stuff" aren't really learning how to work their band in my opinion. No, its not good for us, but I've learned to be content with ONE cookie instead of 8-10. Whatever I want, I eat, whether its good for me or not. What works for one person isn't necessarily going to work for anyone else. Find what works for YOU and stick with it :)

I am B all the way. Ive lost 170lbs since Oct. 2010 was banded in Jan 2011 and have another 60lbs to go. I do not miss any treats at all, i exercise every day and never touch soda or bread. I was lucky my partner needed to loose 72 lbs and he did that without being banded so we did it together. i never buy treat food any more and now dont even want it. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 5 yrs ago so am used to living without sugar anyways. I tried to eat small portions of normal food and it just didnt work for me. I roughly eat 1200 calories a day and burn around 500 per day, my weight loss is approx 3lbs per week. The best thing is , i am happy with what i am eating and healthy food is now my normal food !.

So i really really like this post and im glad i seen it before i got off here. I will have to say that i am probably the worst person on here lol. I am a total C !!! The only thing i havent had yet is certain breads, like a big roll, and thats because it hurts. But i have not given up anything. And by the way Marci if you see this i officially love you !!! Finnaly someone who thinks like i do !! Being on this website just makes me feel bad about myself sometimes. I see like 90% of these people talk about " I only eat healthy foods all the time and im in the gym every day of the week" seriously this makes me sick! If you can eat only healthy foods like they say and can work out every day Im sorry but i really dont think you need the band you could lose the weight on your own. I mean seriously that is the whole point of the band. It makes you eat less. Thats the reason i got it so i could eat like a normal person just way less. Yes you do need to exercise, i wouldnt say everyday, but i will never start eating like a health freak! So thank the lord to all of you normal people out there who make me feel beter. And yes i may lose the weight slower but of course i coud lose 10lbs a week if i was banded and only ate two green Beans, a bite of grilled chicken, and a spoon full of rice, plus worked out every day, any body could, but that is not worth it to me, i would hate my life.

I would have to say that I am C. One problem with that is that at unpredictable times I seem to be able to eat as much as I want. I am at a plateau right now. However, I'm due for another fill this week, so hopefully, I'll get back on track (I was banded February this year).

I have not been able to exercise, which makes it harder.

Despite all that I am 55 poinds lighter, and generally optimistic about reaching my goal.

Like many of the other posters, I don't really miss the few things (like soft bread) that I can't eat.

Everyone is different, but for some reason, I have never had a problem drinking diet soda.

My surgeon, who was banded himself, told me he lives on diet coke (sipped - not gulped).

C....I eat much less of what I used to though. I guess I dont look at this as a diet so much. If I wanted to diet and exercise I would have skipped the surgery and just gone on a diet and exercise program. I do exercise but because I want to, I have found ways of making exercise fun such as walking by the beach or playing just dance for the wii. I dont exercise every day but at least 3-4 time a week.

I try not to eat all bad foods, I have started to make some much healthier choices and I no longer snack in between meals. I dont touch soda and dont eat sweets much anymore! I feel like I have made some huge accomplisments over the last two months just by giving up those two things. I have also kicked my smoking habit! I have to say im pretty darn proud of myself! smile.png

I also count calories on myfitnesspal.com

i think i am A and C

A Do you eat mostly healthy food with a few treats here and there? B Do you eat all healthy food and NO treats/trigger foods until you've reached goal? C Do you eat what you want just in smaller portions? I'm wondering if people who do choice B and are very strict lose weight faster or if it really is calories in, calories out, so it doesn't really matter what you choose?

A & C both. Ill have a few M&Ms or a bite or three of icec cream.... carbs, more of them than normal. a sip of fruity juice.... but in tiny portions. I probably shouldnt. But i cant eliminate everything, all at once. I dont want to become comfortable with taking 3 bites of this and that , when i get a sweet tooth either. I am going to try my hardest, and make it happen to find band friendly alternative sweets.... so that I can have them withouth feeling like a total ass about eating it right after.

Im afraid to drink soda ever again lol... Im also terrified that I keep eating to much and my band may slip or something... Still new to it. But I dont want to push it. ( more than I have ) Didnt drain my savings account of nearly 14 thousand dollars to FAIL!